Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

“My Career Was One Of Outright Rejection Of The Status Quo.” -Babs Omotowa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / “My Career Was One Of Outright Rejection Of The Status Quo.” -Babs Omotowa (331 Views)

Babs Omotowa Headlines Kachifo’s Inaugural Leadership Book Series / [write Up] Mc Babs - Love Languages In Relationships / You Are Great Irrespective Of Your Present Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“My Career Was One Of Outright Rejection Of The Status Quo.” -Babs Omotowa by JEGEFitted: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
In his memoir, Babs Omotowa tells the story of his rise from managing a storeroom to becoming one of the few Africans ever appointed global vice president for Shell companies across the world. Between these significant points of his life, he transcended limitations to establish that no matter where one is coming from, opportunities are there to be taken, especially with the right attitude. From Storeroom To Boardroom has been described as both a personal memoir and a handbook on leadership. It is filled with illuminating anecdotes and inspiring life lessons that contribute significantly to filling the knowledge gap in leadership we experience in our society.
Read excerpts from his book From Storeroom to Boardroom

It was midnight on my penultimate night in the Hague. I had just returned from yet another dinner graciously organised by my colleagues to send me off. I was retiring early after 26 years at Shell; I had decided to pursue other personal aspirations after a career in which I rose to the top echelons of one of the largest multinational corporations in the world. My colleagues, that evening, had shared stories of our good times together. But I wondered if I deserved the compliments I got that night, because I recalled that I was sometimes the contrarian in the team and had had many difficult encounters with co-workers. More

(1) (Reply)

Creative Writer Needed / Entrapped With You - Feather's Stories / The Trusted Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.