Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses (700 Views)

Stop Using Your Phone In Church! / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Stop Attending Prayer Houses Because They Are The One Attacking You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2022
The use of kerosine lamp in churches and Prayer houses is very common. I've been wondering if there's any laid down rule for that. Even when electric bulb is on,the kerosine lamp will still be burning. Weeks ago,a woman in my community was nearly burnt to death when a kerosine lamp exploded in a church. Generator was on and there was light ev'rywhere,yet the kerosine lamp was still in use. According to her,she wanted to refuel the lamp 'cause the prophet said the lamp shoudn't be allowed to off.
Christians in the house,is kerosine lamp mandatory for use in churches?
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
Templee333:
The use of kerosine lamp in churches and Prayer houses is very common. I've been wondering if there's any laid down rule for that. Even when electric bulb is on,the kerosine lamp will still be burning. Weeks ago,a woman in my community was nearly burnt to death when a kerosine lamp exploded in a church. Generator was on and there was light ev'rywhere,yet the kerosine lamp was still in use. According to her,she wanted to refuel the lamp 'cause the prophet said the lamp shoudn't be allowed to off.
You never watch movies to see how temples and shrines don't usually have florescent lighting going on in them? Those lamps are meant to help create the ambience necessary to help people feel as though the spirits are in there with them. All that part of the movie trick that is your prayer houses. undecided
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
A popular prophetes that owns a prayer house was burnt to death early this year while trying to refill a kerosine lamp. Such cases are becoming common in churches.
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Templee333:
A popular prophetes that owns a prayer house was burnt to death early this year while trying to refill a kerosine lamp. Such cases are becoming common in churches.
So what do you intend to have done about it? undecided
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to have done about it? undecided
may be churches should stop using kerosine lamps. Or if they believe the lantern draws the presence of God, should follow safety precautions
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
Templee333:

may be churches should stop using kerosine lamps. Or if they believe the lantern draws the presence of God, should follow safety precautions
Lamps don't draw the presence of God instead they create for the gullible the illusion of the presence of God, so unless you intend to provide them a replacement for that illusion, I don't see what you hope to achieve here by this. Candles, fire,lamps...all are meant to create an illusion to draw the gullible people into these places. Many of these same people light candles in their homes when praying because many have been mentally conditioned into believing the fire draws God's presence. There are already fake candles and fake lamps out there in the market for those who are safety conscious but you cannot keep people from wanting to use these unsafe ideas. undecided
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Lamps don't draw the presence of God instead they create for the gullible the illusion of the presence of God, so unless you intend to provide them a replacement for that illusion, I don't see what you hope to achieve here by this. Candles, fire,lamps...all are meant to create an illusion to draw the gullible people into these places. Many of these same people light candles in their homes when praying because many have been mentally conditioned into believing the fire draws God's presence. There are already fake candles and fake lamps out there in the market for those who are safety conscious but you cannot keep people from wanting to use these unsafe ideas. undecided
are u a christian?
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
Templee333:
are u a christian?
None of what you discuss here has anything to do with Jesus Christ, the one who is the Christ in Christianity though. undecided
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
None of what you discuss here has anything to do with Jesus Christ, the one who is the Christ in Christianity though. undecided
sorry, i was only asking if u r a christian. Anyway never mind
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
Templee333:
sorry, i was only asking if u r a christian. Anyway never mind
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
[/quote]
[quote]
[quote][/quote]
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2022

Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Lukuluku69(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2022
Templee333:

Find time and study the Zoroastrian Faith. I think this was copied by the Europeans. The Zoroastrian has a Fire Temple in which the Fire is never allowed to go off. For them, it serves a purpose but I don't know why Christians adopted this Candle Lighting and other forms of a continuous burning Lamps.

Check the Catholics out too, they burn Candles endlessly too.

Like I said, check out the Zoroastrian Faith, this belongs to them.
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Find time and study the Zoroastrian Faith. I think this was copied by the Europeans. The Zoroastrian has a Fire Temple in which the Fire is never allowed to go off. For them, it serves a purpose but I don't know why Christians adopted this Candle Lighting and other forms of a continuous burning Lamps.

Check the Catholics out too, they burn Candles endlessly too.

Like I said, check out the Zoroastrian Faith, this belongs to them.
ok. I'm checking
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
I said it! It happened again 2day. Fire explosion in a local church. Luckily,the victim escaped without being burnt. Shebi una no one hear word this contry,una go hear am by force.
Re: Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses by Templee333(m): 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Does Abstainance From Sex Really Makes One Successful? / Prayer Points To Prevail Over Forces & Controlling Power Of Darkness / A Pleasing Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.