Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle (39051 Views)

20-year-old Man Connived With Friends To Kill His Stepmother In Anambra Over N1m / Man Shoots Friend In Anambra Over N1,000 Debt / Man Rapes, Kills Brother’s Wife In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by MrCover: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
An Anambra indigene, Mr George Okoye, from Ogbunike in Oyi Local Government Area has killed his younger brother’s wife, over a protracted tussle on ownership of property.

Okoye allegedly led his wife and children into his brother, Mr Emenike Okoye’s compound to beat him and his wife, Mrs Nkiru Okoye, who died out of the beating.

Emenike, who, however, survived sustained a broken hand, a fractured waist, and an injured eye from the beating, and is still recuperating in a hospital.

The sick man who spoke to journalists from his hospital bed narrated the incident that led to his 40-year-old wife’s death on 19th July with tears, saying he was only abandoned by his brother and the thugs they brought because they thought he had died.

Though the suspect, Mr George Okoye has been arrested and is currently in police custody, the whereabouts of his wife, Mrs Uzonna Okoye, twin daughters, and son, Somtochukwu Okoye who participated in the beating were still unknown.

Mr Emenike Okoye, narrating the story of his wife’s death said, “We did not do anything. I was preparing for work that day, and my wife was preparing the children for school and to also travel home for a meeting in Abba, Njikoka Local Government Area, where she is from, when George and his wife, Uzonna, and their son, Somtochukwu and twin daughters invaded my house around 7 am to 8 am.

“They overpowered us, beat us to stupor, and left. Later when my children have gone to school, they returned with some persons and dangerous weapons, including axe.

“They dragged my wife outside the house, hit and killed her with axe and chair. She fell and died. When I resisted their move to drag me outside too, they broke my hand with an axe, dragged me outside; hitting me with the axe all over my body until I passed out.

“You can see the cut on my eyes. They left me, thinking that I was also dead. But God helped me to woke up later. I reported the incident to our local vigilante and they drove me to hospital.”

The father of five begged for help, and also for justice against his elder brother, who he said has been at loggerheads with the family, over the property for several years.

“George right from when our mother (Mrs Adaoba Okoye) was alive, said he is our landlord. He is not our firstborn, yet he claims ownership of the entire compound and always fights with all of us.

“I lived and worked overseas, but when the company where I was working folded, I returned home. We had our first three children overseas, and our last two here (Ogbunike).

“My wife has nothing to do with this. Why kill her for nothing? After we returned home trouble started. The crisis led to the death of our mother and our eldest brother. He reported us to the kindred, and our property was shared, with him taking the larger part. I took mine without complaining. Later, he started laying claims to my house.

“He reported me to our kindred but it was settled to my favour. He disagreed and kept on troubling me. When I laid dwarf perimeter fence, he pulled it down, and even reported me to the kindred,” he lamented.

The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Tochukwu Ikenga, said he was aware of the incident, stating that investigation on the matter had long commenced, and was still ongoing.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/31/man-kills-brothers-wife-in-anambra-over-property-ownership-tussle/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by ignis: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
On top something wey we go die leave for this world?

Naked we come and naked we must all return. It's just a matter of time. Nothing is worth killing for...

But unfortunately my igbo brothers won't understand.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by thorpido(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
People and craze for material possessions.
If they die,will they carry the land with them? cool

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Promisesmiling(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
Shey no be the same land dem go bury am if hin die ... smh ...

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by MrCover: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
ignis:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by silvoclaira: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
OMG

Bitterness and hatred everywhere in Nigeria.

I blame APC and Buhari

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by ignis: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
MrCover:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

What fun is there in seeing bad news ?

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by mii4u(f): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
All becos of land, God have mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by princepeter566: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
He who killed without a good reason should be killed also......
Instead of him to kill his brothers wife, he should have used that strength to kill somebody and the whole Nigeria will be greatly happy with him. I will not call the person's name

18 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by MrCover: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
mii4u:

Are You Really A Man Or Woman?

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Unzerious: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2022
Land wahala no get Brother at all. Why Nigerians dey kill themselves for nothing? When land full Namibia

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by officialwdhtv: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by mii4u(f): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
MrCover:

Are You Really A Man Or Woman?
I don't disguise. I am wat I stated that I am.

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by tuoyoojo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na wa o

For property when one day u go die leave

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by immortalcrown(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
Your caption and what you wrote differs from what those who witnessed the incident say. According to those who witnessed it, the husband had a fight with his brother (the one accused of murder), the deceased died while shouting for more people to come and witness the fight. The witnesses say maybe she had high BP. They assert that nobody touched the woman. The problem is the husband has hidden himself and falsified the case in a police station. The witnesses are afraid to speak the truth because of the way NP criminalizes witnesses that show up for a testimony that will not aid bribery in the NP.

Also, the witnesses say the property in dispute is the compound of the late father of the warring men. They say the compound rightly belongs to George who is the first son but Emenike wants to claim the compound. They also said Emenike was the one that entered George's compound and began to beat George's daughter. George and his son fought Emenike because Emenike was beating George's daughter.

Well, this is what I heard from many people. I was not there. Those who spoke to me might be saying the truth or telling lies.

You may say how can someone die just by shouting. Before you make the assertion, remember people slump and die even without shouting. So, it is possible for someone to die from shouting.

7 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by visijo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
Chai ..

Family for support, friends for happy moments and enemies to make us be on guard and live our full potential.✅

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Parachoko: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
This is so sad

Just because of property wey no belong to him. May the woman soul RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by abobote: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
Some of the things we see in Nollywood.

Imagine leaving property for your children, only for it to result in them killing each other.

RIP to the Dead

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Okobola146: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
mii4u:
no mind them.

Are you still coming tonight?

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by uncleck: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nawao
Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Okunga: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
IGBO…

You go leave land if you die. Why kill for a Land that would still be here far after you are gone and forgotten

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na wah

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by sukkot: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
grin obedient and yusufools grin grin

am trollin angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Emekaonline: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
MrCover:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/31/man-kills-brothers-wife-in-anambra-over-property-ownership-tussle/

I won't be surprised if both the killer and the victims are Obidient supporters. Most of them are killers anyway

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
Jeez! This is gory to even imagine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by winerbouy: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by muykem: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Na their way. They can do anything for money and property

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Realists(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Obidients are already reducing their numbers with personal greed & cannibalism.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle by Jamiubond009(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bricklayer Shot As Hoodlums Storm Construction Site In Ogun (Graphic Photo) / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. / Hungry Thieves Ate Up All The Food In The Kitchen After Breaking Into A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.