Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) (376 Views)

Brighton And Hove Albion Footballer Arrested On Suspicion Of Sexual Assault / Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus / Female Referee Gives Kaka Yellow Card Before Selfie With Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by weezyk(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
Footballer Arrested for Pvnching Female Referee to the Floor After She Gave Him A Red Card (video)

An Argentine footballer was arrested after punching a female referee to the ground after she red carded him for insulting her.
Cristian Tirone was filmed running towards Dalma Cortadi and punching her in the head as she scribbled his name in her notepad after she red-carded him.

Dalma, who admitted to being 'a little dazed' after the attack, had previously red-carded the third-tier footballer for verbally abusing her after she showed him the card for kicking the ball away.

The stunned referee rose to her feet moments later as a male linesman pushed Tirone away, prompting police to rush onto the pitch and arrest him after a struggle.

She was taken to the hospital but released after a check-up. The game was called off.

Later, the female referee refused to make it a gender and misogyny issue, saying it didn't matter if she was a man or a woman.

She said after the attack: 'I'm a little dazed after what happened but otherwise okay and I'm receiving the support of colleagues and family.

Doctors have ordered me to rest.

'The blow was to my neck, with a closed fist, and I hurt my elbow when I hit the ground.

'I had red-carded Tirone because he insulted me and that's when he attacked me.

'I wasn't expecting it because I was writing his name down when I felt the blow. I fell to the ground and can't remember anything else after that.

The ref, who confirmed she was pressing charges, added: 'I'm still coming to terms with what happened. All I want is justice to be done.

'Gender and whether this was done to a man or a woman doesn't matter here.

'What matters is that there is not this level of aggression in football or anywhere else.

People like this man have no place in football. I came out of this okay but it could have been a lot worse.'

Regional football chiefs were due to meet today to decide how to punish Tirone, with a life ban being mooted as the most likely possibility.

Eduardo Aparicio, head of the Agency for the Prevention of Violence in Sport, said he had spoken to the referee and assured her 'the full weight of the law' would fall on Tirone.

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUw4eHbXZxM
Re: Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by Kelvinnchucks(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lol.. people are always quick to attack those they know they are stronger than

1 Like

Re: Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by Ever8090: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
Na waooo... Anger have cost him his career.
Re: Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
See how her face swell up like fermented unripe bole.

That player must be banned from football without delay.
Re: Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by paulolee(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
this wan career don end, no matter how much u vex, dt was too far, I trust fifa to gv him a long ban
Re: Footballer Arrested For Pvnching Female Referee To The Floor (video) by paulolee(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
See how her face swell up like fermented unripe bole.

That player must be banned from football without delay.
I swear, dm go even arrest am join, the gee no try atall

(1) (Reply)

How To Beats The Bookies / 2.00 Odd Four Times A Week / The 30 Highest-paid Footballers With Mbappe Reigning High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.