Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Dear Christians,please Say Something About This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Christians,please Say Something About This (1959 Views)

Please Say A Prayer For those Suffering From Chronic Illness In This New Year / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
I heard a voice in my sleep, it was my dead mom calling softly from the grave: Son! There's no heaven above d clouds! What! yes! Heaven is in ur heart. God isn't a picture with snow white beard! What! yes! God is that beggar sprawling in the street! There's no hell burning with sulphur & brimstone! What! yes! Hell is that hate flickering in ur eyes!
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
The above isnt mine. Its a poem that i've thought over and over but have 4gotten the poet's name. By the way,fellow christians, how do u see the poet's description of Heaven,God & Hell, is he right?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Natbrowny: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Looks like Henrik Ibsen's poem/prose.

That's a good description of heaven and hell.
They r not a physical place. Heaven n hell is here on earth with humans.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Bossdave: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
Templee333:
I heard a voice in my sleep,
it was my dead mom calling softly from the grave:
Son!
There's no heaven above d clouds!
What!
yes! Heaven is in ur heart.
God isn't a picture with snow white beard!
What!
yes! God is that beggar sprawling in the street!
There's no hell burning with sulphur & brimstone!
What!
yes! Hell is that hate flickering in ur eyes!

Heaven and hell are spiritual places. However, we can create an atmosphere of heaven or hell here on Earth through our dealings with fellow humans.

God is real. However, the begger you see out there is a human created in the image of God. God wants to help him. When you render him help, you have done it for God.

1 John 4:20

"If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother."

Colossians 3:23-24

"And whatever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not unto men. Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.'

2 Likes

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2022
Templee333:
The above isnt mine. Its a poem that i've thought over and over but have 4gotten the poet's name. By the way,fellow christians, how do u see the poet's description of Heaven,God & Hell, is he right?
He's not. God is Judge. Heaven and hell are real places.

God is also not in a hurry to prove this fact to skeptics btw. He has eternity to convince them. But we are in a hurry because the skeptic only has a chance to decide his eternal destination before eternity comes.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2022
Natbrowny:
Looks like Henrik Ibsen's poem/prose.

That's a good description of heaven and hell.
They r not a physical place. Heaven n hell is here on earth with humans.
i googled the writer above but didnt find the poem. Thanks anyway.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2022
Joshthefirst:
He's not. God is Judge. Heaven and hell are real places.

God is also not in a hurry to prove this fact to skeptics btw. He has eternity to convince them. But we are in a hurry because the skeptic only has a chance to decide his eternal destination before eternity comes.
Alright sir. But its good to try to love our fellow humans & create a loving atmosphere here on earth b4 we go to face the great Judge. Just in case...or may be...we might realize the shocking reality

1 Like

Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2022
Templee333:

Alright sir. But its good to try to love our fellow humans & create a loving atmosphere here on earth b4 we go to face the great Judge. Just in case...or may be...we might realize the shocking reality
Of course, love is good. There is hope for our physical lives on earth according to Christian religion. This hope for physical earthly life is central to the Christian doctrine of resurrection. That Christ rose physically from the dead. So we also can have hope to have immortality.

So creating a loving atmosphere on earth is the climax of Christian hope, seen in the book of revelation. But it is how we get to be actual citizens of this earth and the way to make an actual difference with love that matters.

For a Christian, showing love is most important, especially through charitable activity and justice, but the most important way a Christian can show you love is preaching, because Christians actually believe there is a hell, and we actually believe that if you don't believe in Jesus you're already headed there, because your sins are not forgiven.

What will you do about your unforgiven sins? God punishes sins in hell. Hell exists because of God's justice. Trying to be good won't cover up the sins we've already committed. We need a saviour. And in comes Jesus. This is the Christian gospel. Good news. That Jesus comes around and takes the punishment for humanity's sin and rises again from death, promising justice, redemption, and new life. That's why we can actually have hope and show love, because our love actually counts and makes a difference, in spite of death.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by TenQ: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2022
Templee333:
It just simply means that God is not justit also means that God does not care about anyone
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2022
TenQ:

It just simply means that God is not justit also means that God does not care about anyone
if that's how u undstnd it, no problem.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=Joshthefirst post=115372040]Of course, love is good. There is hope for our physical lives on earth according to Christian religion. This hope for physical earthly life is central to the Christian doctrine of resurrection. That Christ rose physically from the dead. So we also can have hope to have immortality.

So creating a loving atmosphere on earth is the climax of Christian hope, seen in the book of revelation. But it is how we get to be actual citizens of this earth and the way to make an actual difference with love that matters.

For a Christian, showing love is most important, especially through charitable activity and justice, but the most important way a Christian can show you love is preaching, because Christians actually believe there is a hell, and we actually believe that if you don't believe in Jesus you're already headed there, because your sins are not forgiven.

Thanks 4 the sermon
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by TenQ: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
Templee333:

if that's how u undstnd it, no problem.
You asked a question and I answered.

Let me ask you a question too!
Do you think God will punish this billionaire who rapes virgins to get them pregnant, then tear open their wombs to bring out the foetus and pounds them it a mortar to renew his charm for wealth and invisibility!?

Do you think God should reward this poor sick man who gave his life and ALL his meagre resources to protect and nurture another man's child in love?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
TenQ:

You asked a question and I answered.

Let me ask you a question too!
Do you think God will punish this billionaire who rapes virgins to get them pregnant, then tear open their wombs to bring out the foetus and pounds them it a mortar to renew his charm for wealth and invisibility!?

Do you think God should reward this poor sick man who gave his life and ALL his meagre resources to protect and nurture another man's child in love?
I actually dont have any problem with God's justice/injustice. Incase u misunderstood me.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by TenQ: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
Templee333:

I actually dont have any problem with God's justice/injustice. Incase u misunderstood me.
Heaven and Hell a places where justice is served.

If they don't exist, then it makes God unjust and uncaring!
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2022
TenQ:
Heaven and Hell a places where justice is served.
If they don't exist, then it makes God unjust and uncaring!
/ if that's how u put it,still no problem.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2022
This posts isn't intended 2 provoke an argument for/against the existence of God,rather, i was only trying 2 see how far a christian can go in his/her ability 2 reason realistically.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 6:13am On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:
This posts isn't intended 2 provoke an argument for/against the existence of God,rather, i was only trying 2 see how far a christian can go in his/her ability 2 reason realistically.
Lol. We're also seeing the borders of your own unrealistic reasoning please. You think it's only you that can run experiment? grin
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2022
Joshthefirst:
Lol. We're also seeing the borders of your own unrealistic reasoning please. You think it's only you that can run experiment? grin
okay-o! Please urself then.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:

okay-o! Please urself then.
Take it easy oh... cheesy
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by cornelboy(f): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:
Are you a Christian?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
cornelboy:
Are you a Christian?
u really want to know?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by cornelboy(f): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:

u really want to know?
Yes are you?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
cornelboy:

Yes are you?
my answer depends on ur understanding of the term "christian". If u mean a person who goes 2 church & participate in church activity i'd say YES. But if ur understanding of "christian" is more than that, then u'll have 2 explain let me knw what 2 answer you.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Lighthouse50: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2022
Good day believers... Peace be unto you all
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Lighthouse50: 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
Luke 17 vs 20 says THE PHARISEES asked JESUS "when will the kingdom of God begin?" JESUS SAID the kingdom of GOD isn't coming with a visible sign. 21. you wont be able to say it has began here or there "FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU". Furthernore luke 11 vs 20 says JESUS said but if i am casting out demons with the power of GOD, IT PROVES THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD HAS ARRIVED. Linking both quotes together. It means that......
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Good day believers... Peace be unto you all
i receive peace in Jesus name. A M E N
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Luke 17 vs 20 says THE PHARISEES asked JESUS "when will the kingdom of God begin?" JESUS SAID the kingdom of GOD isn't coming with a visible sign. 21. you wont be able to say it has began here or there "FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU". Furthernore luke 11 vs 20 says JESUS said but if i am casting out demons with the power of GOD, IT PROVES THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD HAS ARRIVED. Linking both quotes together. It means that......
...it means that Jesus was not a christian!
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Lighthouse50: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:

Feally....! I reserve my comments (treasures)
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by cornelboy(f): 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
Templee333:

my answer depends on ur understanding of the term "christian". If u mean a person who goes 2 church & participate in church activity i'd say YES. But if ur understanding of "christian" is more than that, then u'll have 2 explain let me knw what 2 answer you.
Who's a Christian?
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 1:09am On Aug 06, 2022
cornelboy:
Who's a Christian?
no idea
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Templee333(m): 3:12am On Aug 06, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Feally....! I reserve my comments (treasures)
no sir, don't reserve coments, 4 when ur treasure bank is full it shall burst open & spill out ur treasures.
Re: Dear Christians,please Say Something About This by Joshthefirst(m): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
Templee333:

What's your point? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win a free pilgrimage trip to Jerusalem and enjoy live concert with Tope Alabi / Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? / Popular Islamic Scholar" Crashes Concert To Preach About The Sinfulness Of Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.