Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Wanting To Learn About Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wanting To Learn About Nigeria (1304 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by blkamrcngl(f): 8:30am On Feb 23, 2006
Hello,

I generally still have a lot to learn regarding Nigeria so I'm making this thread in an attempt to do so.  tongue
Most of what I have learned has been from writing and books and lacks that personal sense. It's more robotic that way, you know?
I prefer talking to people much more than looking at documents.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me the most interesting things that may or may not be in books regarding Nigeria and Nigerian people. I don't really know what to ask though,  undecided

grin
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by tejuoso1(f): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2006
nigeria is so fun and alive, the rich gets richer and the poor keeps strugling. also the happiest people are in naija at the moment. my cousins and their parents returned to nigeria lat year beleive me, they are living life large under the sun. men i am stuck in england(nun ya business anyway)
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by blkamrcngl(f): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2006
Really? So what is the Nigerian view of foreigners (i.e. of the African diaspora)? I know some countries are kind of xenophobic in that regard,
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2006
We find foreigners amusing! Tall German men with digital cameras. Funny white ladies that speak so fast. Indian businessmen that are as corrupt as Nigerians. Yet to meet a black american, though. You're all quite amusing!
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Hero(m): 2:16am On Feb 24, 2006
Seun:

We find foreigners amusing! Tall German men with digital cameras. Funny white ladies that speak so fast. Indian businessmen that are as corrupt as Nigerians. Yet to meet a black american, though. You're all quite amusing!

How do you know that we black American are amusing when, as you've admitted, you've never met one of us before?  I'm sure that you have family or friends whom have met or encountered one of us before, why don't you explain to her what their experience was like, if you happen to know it.
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 4:38am On Feb 24, 2006
travel 2 Nigeria and experience it 1st hand tongue
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Hero(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2006
Hotstepper:

travel 2 Nigeria and experience it 1st hand tongue

My brother says you are hot!! He thinks your body is sexy!! undecided
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
@Hero, say 10x 2 ur broda 4 me,
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Hunter(m): 10:19am On Feb 25, 2006
I remember going to the market in Eket,

Lots of people wanted to touch my hair because they hadn't seen anything like it :p

*I am a white guy with red hair :p
Re: Wanting To Learn About Nigeria by Ynot(m): 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2006
Seun:

Contrary to that, most white folks think/say we Africans speak too fast.

(1) (Reply)

A Beijinger Seeking Information / Travelling To Slovenia Without Visa / Visiting West African Cities: Dakar/accra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.