Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,614 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

(NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. (232 Views)

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? / As A Jobless IT Guy, Should I Take Job In Sales Or Remain Jobless / Career Advice Needed. Remain In Dubai Or Accept An Employment Offer In Berlin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by Goodboy2000(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2022
Please Nairalanders, I need your candid advise.

I am 27.

I left home for orientation camp from Anambra to Ogun state, and we have just 3 days left to leave camp to our place of primary assignment but my problem is that I don't want to go back to my papa house but remain here before and after service to start my life.

I am a core Igbo guy and I believe in hard work as well as leaving my comfort zone to enable me grow.

I don't know the economic state of Ogun and my chances of leveraging on the environment as an Igbo guy, I am in a state of dilemma right now.

Should I redeploy back to Anambra or is there any other state one could recommend I redeploy to or should I remain here?
Re: (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by lordchiz(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
Respect yourself and stay there... opportunities there pass Anambra own.....
Me wey go serve for Enugu 2015....run come back Kaduna my home base.....I no see work reach today!
And I regretfully not ever going to d west
Re: (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by Ernesttoby30: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Goodboy2000:
Please Nairalanders, I need your candid advise.

I am 27.

I left home for orientation camp from Anambra to Ogun state, and we have just 3 days left to leave camp to our place of primary assignment but my problem is that I don't want to go back to my papa house but remain here before and after service to start my life.

I am a core Igbo guy and I believe in hard work as well as leaving my comfort zone to enable me grow.

I don't know the economic state of Ogun and my chances of leveraging on the environment as an Igbo guy, I am in a state of dilemma right now.

Should I redeploy back to Anambra or is there any other state one could recommend I redeploy to or should I remain here?

Bro find way migrate to Lagos. Although it depend on the part of Ogun state that you are. Someone from Ph, i find Ogun state (Abeokuta) too local and boring couple with tribalistic landlords/landladies. You see people walking bare footed and baggers everywhere.

Getting apartment there especially from those old men/women is very difficult except from well enlighten and educated ones. You keep on hearing Omo Igbo wherever you go.

My experience from the first work i got there as a Secretary in one newly established real estate company was something else. My boss was a very young guy and caring, not until his friends started questioning him why he exployed an igbo person to be incharge of his money. I was so so shocked when he told me this. He was even bold enough (though not in an angry manner) to tell me that people from south east/south south are not considered To be trustworthy by the yorubas.

That was when he started acting funny. Once a client drop money in my possession, he will call immediately to go give the money to his friend or he will come to the office immediately to pick up the money. Unlike him. I later quit the job cos i didn't find his attitudes nice anymore.

Note: My boss was very very good to me. A young and whatsup guy. He sometimes tipped me etc and we are still in good terms up till date.

Tribalism is really killing us as a nation. Funny enough i never knew such thing exist not until i finish my Service in Jigawa and decided to leave my comfort zone (ph) to Abk with my Western nysc colleague/friend in search of greener pastures.

I really hope that i will someday be able to talk about this tribalism that is destroying us. I was told same thing is applicable to the core igbo states. I don't know if it's true or not cause i haven't stayed there. But in my place, this tribalism is minimal cos i was born and grew up in Yoruba zone in Ph.

I won't be wrong to say most Yorubas do not like the igbos that much and Most igbos too do not like yorubas that much. Getting married to each other na war too due to what family will say...

Same southerners,
Same Nigerians o cry
Re: (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2022
Op, u have the solution to your answer

Simply follow your heart,

Which is leaving your comfort zone(Anambra)

Ogun state is not bad, I will advice u to serve here
Re: (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by Goodboy2000(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

Bro find way migrate to Lagos. Although it depend on the part of Ogun state that you are. Someone from Ph, i find Ogun state (Abeokuta) too local and boring couple with tribalistic landlords/landladies. You see people walking bare footed and baggers everywhere.

Getting apartment there especially from those old men/women is very difficult except from well enlighten and educated ones. You keep on hearing Omo Igbo wherever you go.

My experience from the first work i got there as a Secretary in one newly established real estate company was something else. My boss was a very young guy and caring, not until his friends started questioning him why he exployed an igbo person to be incharge of his money. I was so so shocked when he told me this. He was even bold enough (though not in an angry manner) to tell me that people from south east/south south are not considered To be trustworthy by the yorubas.

That was when he started acting funny. Once a client drop money in my possession, he will call immediately to go give the money to his friend or he will come to the office immediately to pick up the money. Unlike him. I later quit the job cos i didn't find his attitudes nice anymore.

Note: My boss was very very good to me. A young and whatsup guy. He sometimes tipped me etc and we are still in good terms up till date.

Tribalism is really killing us as a nation. Funny enough i never knew such thing exist not until i finish my Service in Jigawa and decided to leave my comfort zone (ph) to Abk with my Western nysc colleague/friend in search of greener pastures.

I really hope that i will someday be able to talk about this tribalism that is destroying us. I was told same thing is applicable to the core igbo states. I don't know if it's true or not cause i haven't stayed there. But in my place, this tribalism is minimal cos i was born and grew up in Yoruba zone in Ph.

I won't be wrong to say most Yorubas do not like the igbos that much and Most igbos too do not like yorubas that much. Getting married to each other na war too due to what family will say...

Same southerners,
Same Nigerians o cry

Thank You bro
Re: (NYSC) Should I Redeploy Back To Anambra Or Remain In Ogun State. by Goodboy2000(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2022
Crimpsy:
Op, u have the solution to your answer

Simply follow your heart,

Which is leaving your comfort zone(Anambra)

Ogun state is not bad, I will advice u to serve here

Thank You bro, are you in Ogun ?

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Unlimited Glo Data For Free / HOG: Home Office Ideas That Will Encourage Your Productivity / How To Make Upto 200k Per Month By Promoting Online Vendors Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.