Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) (90834 Views)

UK Point-based Immigration Programm. Thread 1 / UK To Introduce Points-based Immigration System To Be Brought In By End of 2020 / Schedule A Nurses And Physical Therapists: FastTrack Employment-based Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Juddy2018: 5:41pm On Mar 21
hi Everyone, new here on USA EB-1, EB-2, & EB-3 trend,
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Juddy2018: 5:49pm On Mar 21
I made a mistake of not processing my visa screen certificate after I got my IELTS last year May. Now I can't do verification to get my Visa Screen certificate. My i-140 was approved recently and my PD is June 2023 on EB-3 category. Don't know what to do with this NMCN suspending verification. Maybe in the next 5 months my PD maybe current. God abeg.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by TinFoil100: 3:19pm On Mar 22
Ak4me:
Good day everyone

I have a simple question to ask about Eb3.
A friend of mine just current in this April, 2024 visa bulletin that was just released last week and she's curious to know how long will it take for NVC/Lagos consulate to schedule a visa interview for her.
I hope it won't take another 1 year to schedule interview for her bcoz her priority date was November 5, 2022. Thanks

DQ date is the name of the game at NVC-Embassy interview scheduling level. At this rate, Worse case scenario - 2023 DQ candidate get IL by august /september this year. Best case scenario- IL for some 2023 DQ months get sent between march& June.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 7:03pm On Mar 22
Hi everyone

I recently applied and got an RFE
But my mailing address is not in the US
I am concerned the shipping to my address might be very slow.
Should I wait it out and see if I’ll receive it in mail or use the address change option on USCIS website to change to a US address?
Asking because time is of the essence to respond to the RFE
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ChisomP: 7:27pm On Mar 23
TinFoil100:

DQ date is the name of the game at NVC-Embassy interview scheduling level. At this rate, Worse case scenario - 2023 DQ candidate get IL by august /september this year. Best case scenario- IL for some 2023 DQ months get sent between march& June.

Do you know if people DQ January to March 2023 have gotten their IL already? Do you have any information regarding that?

Does anyone know any telegram group for such category, please share the link.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:11pm On Mar 23
scipy:
Hi everyone

I recently applied and got an RFE
But my mailing address is not in the US
I am concerned the shipping to my address might be very slow.
Should I wait it out and see if I’ll receive it in mail or use the address change option on USCIS website to change to a US address?
Asking because time is of the essence to respond to the RFE

1. What country is your shipping address?
2. How long did it take before you received the initial receipt notice?

You should probably wait to see if you’ll receive it by mail. If not received within the anticipated timeframe , you can then contact the USCIS/go ahead with the change of address. A change of address right now will likely not have an effect on the RFE notice that was already mailed out to you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 8:06am On Mar 24
Thanks for your response.
Shipping address is in the UK
I am yet to receive my initial receipt notice which must have been shipped since March 13 or so, that gives an indication either they aren’t delivering internationally or it’s very slow

NotsonewMary:

1. What country is your shipping address?
2. How long did it take before you received the initial receipt notice?

You should probably wait to see if you’ll receive it by mail. If not received within the anticipated timeframe , you can then contact the USCIS/go ahead with the change of address. A change of address right now will likely not have an effect on the RFE notice that was already mailed out to you.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Babanaaboy1(m): 10:04am On Mar 24
ChisomP:

Do you know if people DQ January to March 2023 have gotten their IL already? Do you have any information regarding that?

Does anyone know any telegram group for such category, please share the link.

I can't say for other EBs , but those that gotten their visa interview cancelled due to retrogression on EB3 last year April were DQed in January and few early February.
These set of people were attended to few weeks ago , I mean they opened a portal for them to pick dates . So as per EB3, February 2023 DQs are next on the queue now .

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:28pm On Mar 24
scipy:
Thanks for your response.
Shipping address is in the UK
I am yet to receive my initial receipt notice which must have been shipped since March 13 or so, that gives an indication either they aren’t delivering internationally or it’s very slow

Hmmm, I think you should call USCIS to confirm the address it was shipped to (to be sure it’s the correct address).
I’m pretty sure it was sent as international standard shipping, which could take weeks to be delivered.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ChisomP: 5:04pm On Mar 24
Babanaaboy1:

I can't say for other EBs , but those that gotten their visas cancelled when retrogression came on EB3 last year April were DQed in January and few early February.
These set of people were attended to few weeks ago , I mean they opened a portal for them to pick dates . So as per EB3, February 2023 DQs are next on the queue now .

Thanks so much for this update. Really helpful.

Please do you know if there's a way one can be checking which DQ set that Nigeria embassy are attending to at a moment...just a way of following up and getting more information.

Thanks once again
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Babanaaboy1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24
ChisomP:

Thanks so much for this update. Really helpful.

Please do you know if there's a way one can be checking which DQ set that Nigeria
embassy are attending to at a moment...just a way of following up and getting more information.

Thanks once again

There is no other way my friend than to wait for the next interview dates to be released, so as to know the next DQs in wait ! That's how I monitor it . I'm Feb 2023 DQed so I'm monitoring it closely 😀

2 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 7:18pm On Mar 24
Right. I’ll give them call tomorrow and check this with them. Quite concerning this, wished I just used a US address from the get go

NotsonewMary:

Hmmm, I think you should call USCIS to confirm the address it was shipped to (to be sure it’s the correct address).
I’m pretty sure it was sent as international standard shipping, which could take weeks to be delivered.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by ChisomP: 8:35pm On Mar 24
Babanaaboy1:

There is no other way my friend than to wait for the next interview dates to be released, so as to know the next DQs in wait ! That's how I monitor it . I'm Feb 2023 DQed so I'm monitoring it closely 😀

Okay dear. Thanks.
I'm Feb 2023 DQ too.
My PD has been current since January this year.

Do you mind sharing your contact....I would love to keep in touch.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Babanaaboy1(m): 9:27am On Mar 25
ChisomP:

Okay dear. Thanks.
I'm Feb 2023 DQ too.
My PD has been current since January this year.

Do you mind sharing your contact....I would love to keep in touch.
Good morning bro .I sent you a mail already
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 8:12pm On Mar 25
Babanaaboy1:

Great, I am July DQed, EB2-NIW, waiting as well.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by FameGlory(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25
Hello everyone.

Please I need a God fearing somebody to give me the steps for this EB2 NIW Visa for someone with a B.Sc Degree and 5 years work experience.

I don't know how and where to start from.

So many information here is getting one confused.

I will make research and do the rest myself.

For example, in this format.
Step 1...write IELTS
Step 2....Apply for Visa Screen
Step 3....Apply to an Employer
Step 4....Send you B.Sc to an Employer.
Etc.

Thanks
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 2:11pm On Mar 26
I gave the USCIS a call and they were able to send the RFE document to me via email.

Which leads me to another point -

Is Premium processing = Rushed Shabby Adjudication?

I’d paid for premium processing for my petition and after skimming through the RFE they sent, I must say I am highly disappointed.

There are several references to things which are not related to my profile at all, which appears to be a copy and paste error on the part of the adjudicator.

There were also several mentions of evidences which I already submitted as missing / not submitted.

Overall it appears there was no careful read-through of my petition and this is VERY disappointing.

Really gives me concern that even if I take the effort to respond to this RFE, will they carefully consider it on its merit and not do some rushed shabby work again?

I am really concerned and conflicted at this point whether to let the EB2 dream go or give it one last try!

I would welcome any viewpoints of people who have faced similar issues before or have any useful guidance.

Thanks in anticipation!

scipy:
Right. I’ll give them call tomorrow and check this with them. Quite concerning this, wished I just used a US address from the get go

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 3:44pm On Mar 26
scipy:
I gave the USCIS a call and they were able to send the RFE document to me via email.

Which leads me to another point -

Is Premium processing = Rushed Shabby Adjudication?

I’d paid for premium processing for my petition and after skimming through the RFE they sent, I must say I am highly disappointed.

There are several references to things which are not related to my profile at all, which appears to be a copy and paste error on the part of the adjudicator.

There were also several mentions of evidences which I already submitted as missing / not submitted.

Overall it appears there was no careful read-through of my petition and this is VERY disappointing.

Really gives me concern that even if I take the effort to respond to this RFE, will they carefully consider it on its merit and not do some rushed shabby work again?

I am really concerned and conflicted at this point whether to let the EB2 dream go or give it one last try!

I would welcome any viewpoints of people who have faced similar issues before or have any useful guidance.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hmmmm…..

I have so many thoughts to share on this, and I’m afraid I can’t put it all into writing.

I’m almost tempted to ask you to send me your initial petition letter and the RFE document for a review: but I don’t want to start what I can’t finish (and time is money!).

I have a couple of questions though, and this will inform my next steps of tips/“guidance” for you.
1). What was your proposed endeavor?
2). What is your highest level of education?
3). Are you currently employed?, if yes? What do you do? Is your current employment related to your proposed endeavor?
4). Did you apply as an advanced degree holder or exceptional ability?
5). Is your proposed endeavor of substantial merit/ national importance? If yes? How did you show it? Did you have sufficient government articles to back it up? Did you include these articles as part of your exhibits?
-Economic importance/impact of your proposed endeavor (cost benefits etc)
-Is the US Government making any efforts on the things your proposed endeavor addresses e.g if your proposed endeavor is on HIV prevention, you need to show articles on HIV prevention strategies/efforts already in place by the US government and provide congress or presidential articles to back it up
- Did you provide useful statistics/economic burden of whatever it is you’re proposing?

6). Did you correctly highlight your points on how you’re well positioned to carry out your proposed endeavor and provide supporting evidence for it.
-Education/Skills
-Successful past work similar to or related to your endeavor ( any awards/publications/prizes etc)
- Certifications related to your proposed endeavor
- Evidence or proof that you plan to continue to work in the field of your proposed endeavor
- Track record to show that you’re committed to continually improving your knowledge in the area of your proposed endeavor (Are you currently working in that field, are you taking any courses, membership in professional associations etc)
- Has your past work garnered the interest of users, customers etc (if you have publications, you can show proof of citations etc, you can show proof of collaborations with others in the field etc)
- Did you get letters of recommendation from supervisors you’ve worked with in the past that can vouch for you and your work?

See, NIW petition letter has a pattern to it, it’s almost like you’re writing a story, you must CLEARLY express your points. How you highlight your points and your exhibits to the adjudicating officer is very crucial!!. They have lots of petitions to review per day!.
Use subheadings, bullet points etc where necessary, bolden your points or use catchy colored fonts where necessary. You can even add images where necessary to drive home your points!

As a rule (for me); the first two pages of your petition letter should already let the officer know what your proposed endeavor is and how you’re well-positioned to carry out this endeavor!.

Did you include a list of all your exhibits? See, you have to make the job easy for the officer!. Did you properly label your exhibits? I always advise people to use colored printing, not just black and white (this is my personal preference though).

There’s so much more I want to write, but I’ll have to know the specifics of your application to give proper guidance.

Please relax, take your time (you don’t have much of it though, cos you only have 90 days to respond), calm your head and write convincingly again!

Print out the USCIS Policy manual for EB2NIW and Matter of Dhanasar (Read both of these very well!!), let it be your guide.

I wish you all the very best!, and Yes, you’ll have to respond. DO NOT GIVE UP PLEASE.🙏🏽

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by uduafemhe24: 8:06am On Mar 27
FameGlory:
Hello everyone.

Please I need a God fearing somebody to give me the steps for this EB2 NIW Visa for someone with a B.Sc Degree and 5 years work experience.

Step 1...write IELTS
Etc.

Thanks

You don't need an employer, you can self-petition just like I did. However, I brought a PhD, plus 12 years STEM research to the table.

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Billybonaparte: 2:13pm On Mar 27
FameGlory:
Hello everyone.

Step 1...write IELTS
Etc.

Thanks
You don't need IELTS or an employer for EB-2-NIW

Step 1: Get a free assessment from an immigration lawyer experienced in EB-2-NIW

Step 2: If the outcome of step 1 is positive, you can self petition or use the services of a lawyer

Note: An advanced degree in STEM is an advantage but a bachelor's degree and work experience can still suffice if you can put together a strong petition.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Viola2017: 7:11pm On Mar 27
Please can you share a link for the free assessment
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by chemashie(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27
Viola2017:
Please can you share a link for the free assessment
https://wenzo.wegreened.com/case_evaluation
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Viola2017: 9:35pm On Mar 27
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 3:00am On Mar 28
Hehe thanks for this tbh! I honestly am so taken aback by what I am reading in the RFE compared to the petition submitted.
I concede the point where it might have probably also been a case where I did not do a fantastic job on the flow of my story, but then that is where I probably would appreciate a second pair of eyes to read through my content

I will try to respond to your questions as much as I can without giving a longwinded response

1). What was your proposed endeavor? - It was focused on helping to strategise and implement AI and Cloud related projects for organisations in the US

2). What is your highest level of education? (hmm this is another potential wahala tbh) I have a bachelors so used the Bachelors + 5 years progressive experience.

3). Are you currently employed?, if yes? What do you do? Is your current employment related to your proposed endeavor? Currently employed and it is related yes.

4). Did you apply as an advanced degree holder or exceptional ability? I pushed for both and both was faulted, cos I submitted my unofficial copy of wes evaluation for my degree so they faulted my advanced degree, and of course exceptional ability - they were mentioning that I did not submit things which were right there in my exhibits like certifications, recommendation letters etc. I am keen to defend my advanced degree more, as that is well within reach compared to the exceptional ability criteria

5). Is your proposed endeavor of substantial merit/ national importance? If yes? How did you show it? Did you have sufficient government articles to back it up? Did you include these articles as part of your exhibits?
-Is the US Government making any efforts on the things your proposed endeavor addresses
I did all of these, whitehouse press releases, exec orders, fact sheets etc were all referenced and cited. I spoke about how my endeavor would impact the US economy, create jobs, impact national security etc.

Thanks once again for your words of encouragement and contribution - I am grateful

NotsonewMary:

Hmmmm…..

I have so many thoughts to share on this, and I’m afraid I can’t put it all into writing.

I’m almost tempted to ask you to send me your initial petition letter and the RFE document for a review: but I don’t want to start what I can’t finish (and time is money!).

I have a couple of questions though, and this will inform my next steps of tips/“guidance” for you.
1). What was your proposed endeavor?
2). What is your highest level of education?
3). Are you currently employed?, if yes? What do you do? Is your current employment related to your proposed endeavor?
4). Did you apply as an advanced degree holder or exceptional ability?
-Is the US Government making any efforts on the things your proposed endeavor addresses e.g if your proposed endeavor is on HIV prevention, you need to show articles on HIV prevention strategies/efforts already in place by the US government and provide congress or presidential articles to back it up
- Did you provide useful statistics/economic burden of whatever it is you’re proposing?

6). Did you correctly highlight your points on how you’re well positioned to carry out your proposed endeavor and provide supporting evidence for it.
-Education/Skills
-Successful past work similar to or related to your endeavor ( any awards/publications/prizes etc)
- Certifications related to your proposed endeavor
- Evidence or proof that you plan to continue to work in the field of your proposed endeavor
- Track record to show that you’re committed to continually improving your knowledge in the area of your proposed endeavor (Are you currently working in that field, are you taking any courses, membership in professional associations etc)
- Has your past work garnered the interest of users, customers etc (if you have publications, you can show proof of citations etc, you can show proof of collaborations with others in the field etc)
- Did you get letters of recommendation from supervisors you’ve worked with in the past that can vouch for you and your work?

See, NIW petition letter has a pattern to it, it’s almost like you’re writing a story, you must CLEARLY express your points. How you highlight your points and your exhibits to the adjudicating officer is very crucial!!. They have lots of petitions to review per day!.
Use subheadings, bullet points etc where necessary, bolden your points or use catchy colored fonts where necessary. You can even add images where necessary to drive home your points!

As a rule (for me); the first two pages of your petition letter should already let the officer know what your proposed endeavor is and how you’re well-positioned to carry out this endeavor!.

Did you include a list of all your exhibits? See, you have to make the job easy for the officer!. Did you properly label your exhibits? I always advise people to use colored printing, not just black and white (this is my personal preference though).

There’s so much more I want to write, but I’ll have to know the specifics of your application to give proper guidance.

Please relax, take your time (you don’t have much of it though, cos you only have 90 days to respond), calm your head and write convincingly again!

Print out the USCIS Policy manual for EB2NIW and Matter of Dhanasar (Read both of these very well!!), let it be your guide.

I wish you all the very best!, and Yes, you’ll have to respond. DO NOT GIVE UP PLEASE.🙏🏽
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 1:12pm On Mar 28
Hi @scipy, I have a couple of thoughts and pointers. Will be back soon today to write once I have some time.

But note these first
1) Your proposed endeavor is a really good one, there’s even a recent executive order from the president to back it up
2) EB2 preliminary qualification is based on having:
- Advanced Degree OR Exceptional Ability

You can’t say you pushed for both and expected the reviewing officer to decide which one it should be, naah!. The onus lies solely on you to decide which one you want to go with.

2) If you decide to go with the advanced degree option, you have A LOT of work to do to convince the officer since you have a Foreign bachelor’s degree ( which will be deeply scrutinized), plus the at least 5 years of PROGRESSIVE work experience, post graduation (emphasis on progressive and post-graduation).
You need to go to town with all your evidences in this regard. It’s not small evidence you’ll show oh my brother/sister lol.

You need a strong and very convincing petition letter with a preponderance of evidence!!, Like, the evidence must choke.

Will be back with some additional pointers.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by bharkarh(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28
NotsonewMary:

If you have the extra financial resources for a lawyer, then by all means go for it. The average charge I’ve heard of in recent times has ranged between $3k-4k for the lawyers fees alone!

Alternatively, this process is also something you can put together all by yourself if you do your research very well and you’re ready to put in the work.

Below is a link that could help you to get started;

https://myeb2niw.com/

There is a DIY package on that website that goes for only $150, and trust me when I say that package has ALL that you need to get started and MORE.
N.B. I have no business links or ties with the owner of the website. You can also download the free ebook from the website.

YouTube and the internet generally has many great videos and resources for sample petition letters, recommendation letters and how to properly fill the required form(s) for EB2NIW.

Good luck to you and your spouse!

thank you for this link. I have a master’s degree in finance and accounting + a 6 year accounting work experience. Am I eligible for the EB2NIW?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by Brightfab(m): 9:57am On Mar 29
Any particular reasons why you want to leave Norway for USA? just curious cos Norway is a dream country for me.

Arinze001:
Hi all,

I am about to start the Eb2 NiW application. I have a master’s in business analytics and strategic marketing in Norway and currently working as a data analyst on Norway with 2 months experience.

I am planning on taking the premium processing route but the only challenge is the waiting time.

1) what does this waiting time mean after approval?

2) Does the waiting time affect me after getting an approval, since I am in Norway and not Nigeria.?
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 5:47pm On Mar 29
scipy:
Hehe thanks for this tbh! I honestly am so taken aback by what I am reading in the RFE compared to the petition submitted.
I concede the point where it might have probably also been a case where I did not do a fantastic job on the flow of my story, but then that is where I probably would appreciate a second pair of eyes to read through my content

I will try to respond to your questions as much as I can without giving a longwinded response

1). What was your proposed endeavor? - It was focused on helping to strategise and implement AI and Cloud related projects for organisations in the US

2). What is your highest level of education? (hmm this is another potential wahala tbh) I have a bachelors so used the Bachelors + 5 years progressive experience.

3). Are you currently employed?, if yes? What do you do? Is your current employment related to your proposed endeavor? Currently employed and it is related yes.

4). Did you apply as an advanced degree holder or exceptional ability? I pushed for both and both was faulted, cos I submitted my unofficial copy of wes evaluation for my degree so they faulted my advanced degree, and of course exceptional ability - they were mentioning that I did not submit things which were right there in my exhibits like certifications, recommendation letters etc. I am keen to defend my advanced degree more, as that is well within reach compared to the exceptional ability criteria

-Is the US Government making any efforts on the things your proposed endeavor addresses
I did all of these, whitehouse press releases, exec orders, fact sheets etc were all referenced and cited. I spoke about how my endeavor would impact the US economy, create jobs, impact national security etc.

Thanks once again for your words of encouragement and contribution - I am grateful

Hi again @Scipy,

The best way to show you have an advanced degree is to actually have an indisputable advanced degree (Master’s degree or PHD).
Now, USCIS says for those without an actual advanced degree, a Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of progressive experience in that specialty is equivalent to an advanced degree.

In your case, you’re proving two preliminary things;
1.) Foreign bachelor’s degree equivalency, by submitting:
- Your actual bachelor’s degree certificate
- Your transcript from school you received your bachelor’s degree
- Foreign degree equivalency of your degree

Additional evidences that can help are:
- A printed copy of the world ranking of the university you had the degree from or something showing information about your school
- A printed copy of information about WES or the organization that did your degree evaluation
(In response to your RFE, you might want to do another degree evaluation with another independent institution. A friend had to do this when USCIS queried his WES evaluation).
- Did you receive any awards upon graduation/ while in school and have proof of it with your university name boldly written? It could come in handy here as well.

Now, moving to the “at least 5 years of progressive experience”, you have to go all out with showing your evidence. First thing you need to note is that the qualifying years of experience must be post graduation. Only a copy of your CV would not suffice here, you need more proof.
- Did you submit a copy of your dated letters of employment or offer letter
- Are you able to get any proof of employment from the places you’ve worked post graduation?
-Are these places able to attest to your roles and responsibilities while working with them plus show that you worked full-time
- Do you have any letters of promotion/ proof of progress in your speciality? Please note that these letters should have the letterhead of these organizations for authenticity!
- Are you able to submit copies of your pay-stubs from the organization you worked with?
- Did you submit any printed copies of information about the organizations you work/have worked with? To show what they do and how it’s related to your specialty and/or proposed endeavor.

The burden of proof rests on you, and you have to do it well, because USCIS will question those years of experience.

Please see links below for additional pointers:

-https://www.hooyou.com/lc/articles/advanced-degrees.html
-https://immigrationofficesolutions.com/perm-employer-sponsored-green-card/progressive-experience-for-eb2-perm/

If you decide to go with the exceptional ability criterion, then you’ll have to satisfy 3 out of the 6 criteria listed in the USCIS Policy manual.

You need to decide which one you want to go for, i.e., (Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability) and explicitly state that in your response.

Like I said, you have a strong proposed endeavor. However, no matter how nationally important a proposed endeavor is, you must FIRST satisfy the preliminary eligibility criteria.

Your petition letter must have a good flow with clear sections and subheadings. The first section should be showing your “Eligibility for EB2-NIW Classification”, with subheadings like;
1) Foreign Degree Equivalency
2) Proof of X Years of Work Experience in My Specialty
2a) My work experience at Organization A from year…. to year….
2b) My work at Organization B from …. to …….

Also, when you’re writing about the 3 prong requirements, everything must be well put together and organized, with your exhibits/ evidences properly numbered.

Wish you all the best!

3 Likes

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by scipy: 9:22pm On Mar 29
Great guide here NotsonewMary, I am very grateful for taking your time to help provide guidance on this.
I would definitely be going this direction as you have stated. I see further opportunity to give more evidences especially on the 5 years of progressive experience. Thanks so much for your response.
I am grateful once again

NotsonewMary:

Hi again @Scipy,

The best way to show you have an advanced degree is to actually have an indisputable advanced degree (Master’s degree or PHD).
Now, USCIS says for those with an actual advanced degree, a Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of progressive experience in that specialty is equivalent to an advanced degree.

In your case, you’re proving two preliminary things;
1.) Foreign bachelor’s degree equivalency, by submitting:
- Your actual bachelor’s degree certificate
- Your transcript from school you received your bachelor’s degree
- Foreign degree equivalency of your degree

Additional evidences that can help are:
- A printed copy of the world ranking of the university you had the degree from or something showing information about your school
- A printed copy of information about WES or the organization that did your degree evaluation
(In response to your RFE, you might want to do another degree evaluation with another independent institution. A friend had to do this when USCIS queried his WES evaluation).
- Did you receive any awards upon graduation/ while in school and have proof of it with your university name boldly written? It could come in handy here as well.

Now, moving to the “at least 5 years of progressive experience”, you have to go all out with showing your evidence. First thing you need to note is that the qualifying years of experience must be post graduation. Only a copy of your CV would not suffice here, you need more proof.
- Did you submit a copy of your dated letters of employment or offer letter
- Are you able to get any proof of employment from the places you’ve worked post graduation?
-Are these places able to attest to your roles and responsibilities while working with them plus show that you worked full-time
- Do you have any letters of promotion/ proof of progress in your speciality? Please note that these letters should have the letterhead of these organizations for authenticity!
- Are you able to submit copies of your pay-stubs from the organization you worked with?
- Did you submit any printed copies of information about the organizations you work/have worked with? To show what they do and how it’s related to your specialty and/or proposed endeavor.

The burden of proof rests on you, and you have to do it well, because USCIS will question those years of experience.

Please see links below for additional pointers:

-https://www.hooyou.com/lc/articles/advanced-degrees.html
-https://immigrationofficesolutions.com/perm-employer-sponsored-green-card/progressive-experience-for-eb2-perm/

If you decide to go with the exceptional ability criterion, then you’ll have to satisfy 3 out of the 6 criteria listed in the USCIS Policy manual.

You need to decide which one you want to go for, i.e., (Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability) and explicitly state that in your response.

Like I said, you have a strong proposed endeavor. However, no matter how nationally important a proposed endeavor is, you must FIRST satisfy the preliminary eligibility criteria.

Your petition letter must have a good flow with clear sections and subheadings. The first section should be showing your “Eligibility for EB2-NIW Classification”, with subheadings like;
1) Foreign Degree Equivalency
2) Proof of X Years of Work Experience in My Specialty
2a) My work experience at Organization A from year…. to year….
2b) My work at Organization B from …. to …….

Also, when you’re writing about the 3 prong requirements, everything must be well put together and organized, with your exhibits/ evidences properly numbered.

Wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:42pm On Mar 29
scipy:
Great guide here NotsonewMary, I am very grateful for taking your time to help provide guidance on this.
I would definitely be going this direction as you have stated. I see further opportunity to give more evidences especially on the 5 years of progressive experience. Thanks so much for your response.
I am grateful once again

You’re welcome!, It’s a lot of work and evidence gathering/compiling. I’m rooting for you, you gat this!!.
Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by NotsonewMary(f): 9:59pm On Mar 29
bharkarh:
thank you for this link. I have a master’s degree in finance and accounting + a 6 year accounting work experience. Am I eligible for the EB2NIW?

Hi, apologies for the late response.

Yes, you meet the basic eligibility criteria by possessing an advanced degree (your master’s degree).

However, you still need to satisfy the 3 prong requirements of the national interest waiver (you can read about these 3 prong requirements in previous pages of the thread or check the USCIS policy manual).

What’s next for you is to have a “proposed endeavor”. I’ll recommend that this should be something related to your field such that you can easily relate it to your current and/or past work experience to show that you’re well-positioned to carry out this endeavor.

See links below to give you ideas of endeavors in finance, you can also do a google or YouTube search for more ideas.

-https://www.akinalaw.com/blog/58/eb-2-niw-approved-for-a-client-in-the-field-of-business-and-financial-analytics

-https://eb2niw.info/2023/03/06/eb2-niw-success-story-mohamed-a-finance-expert/
-https://legalservicesincorporated.com/immigration/national-interest-waiver/national-interest-waiver-niw-strategy-for-finance-professionals/

1 Like

Re: USA Employment-based Immigration (EB-1,EB-2,EB-3 Visa) by bharkarh(m): 9:33am On Apr 01
NotsonewMary:

Hi, apologies for the late response.

Yes, you meet the basic eligibility criteria by possessing an advanced degree (your master’s degree).

However, you still need to satisfy the 3 prong requirements of the national interest waiver (you can read about these 3 prong requirements in previous pages of the thread or check the USCIS policy manual).

What’s next for you is to have a “proposed endeavor”. I’ll recommend that this should be something related to your field such that you can easily relate it to your current and/or past work experience to show that you’re well-positioned to carry out this endeavor.

See links below to give you ideas of endeavors in finance, you can also do a google or YouTube search for more ideas.

-https://www.akinalaw.com/blog/58/eb-2-niw-approved-for-a-client-in-the-field-of-business-and-financial-analytics

-https://eb2niw.info/2023/03/06/eb2-niw-success-story-mohamed-a-finance-expert/
-https://legalservicesincorporated.com/immigration/national-interest-waiver/national-interest-waiver-niw-strategy-for-finance-professionals/
mmh thanks, I will go through the link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Living In Saskatchewan, Canada / Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.