|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1063342 members, 1236974 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013 at 08:14 AM
|10 Tallest Nba Players by legendarys: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2011|
1. Manute Bol The seven foot seven Sudanese giant shocked fans when he entered the NBA as the tallest player ever to set foot on the hardwood in 1985. As a rookie, he set an NBA record for blocked shots, blocking 397 shots, averaging just under four per game. Gol was also know for shooting three-point shots and once hit six out of twelve in one game.
2. Gheorghe Muresan Tying with Bol at seven feet seven inches tall, Gheorghe played six NBA seasons before injuries halted his career. Gheorghe averaged six rebounds and just under two blocked shots per game.
3. Yao Ming Yao isn't far behind Bol and Muresan at seven feet six inches tall. Yao is still an active player in the NBA; he is also the tallest in the league. Yao averages nineteen points, nine rebounds and two blocks per game.
4. Shawn Bradley The seven foot six inch Bradley played for twelve seasons in the NBA before injuries put him on the bench. He averaged eight points, six rebounds and just under three blocked shots per game.
5. Chuck Nevitt At seven foot five inches, Chuck played for five NBA teams. His career lasted nine seasons, yet he only played a total of eighteen games. Chuck averaged just under two points and two rebounds per game.
6. Slavko Vranes Vranes is seven feet five inches tall. Vranes was drafted by the Knicks but never played a game with the team. After going to Portland, he played just one minute of one NBA game with the Trailblazers, Vranes missed the one shot he took and earned a personal foul before taking the bench.
7. Mark Eaton Eaton stands seven feet four inches tall and was a starting center for eleven seasons with the Utah Jazz. Eaton averaged 28 minutes of playing time per game. Mark also scored six points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked just under six shots per game during his NBA career.
8. Rik Smits The seven foot four inch "Dunkin' Dutchman" played twelve NBA seasons for the Indiana Pacers. Smits scored just under fourteen points per game; he also grabbed six rebounds and blocked one shot per game.
9. Ralph Sampson The seven foot four inch Sampson played nine seasons in the NBA. Ralph played for three teams before injuries took their toll on his promising career. Sampson averaged fifteen points, eight rebounds and one blocked shot per game.
10. Priest Lauderdale Priest Lauderdale played NBA basketball at seven feet four inches tall for four seasons. Lauderdale played a total of 74 games and averaged three points and two rebounds.
|Re: 10 Tallest Nba Players by enomakos(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2011|
bol is now late
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health