Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,449 members, 7,958,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Chika - A New Voice - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Chika - A New Voice (3619 Views)

Kike Adesina - A Powerful New Voice In Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2011
[center]

Many upcoming artists arrive on the stage in Nigeria's music industry, each with his or her own unique talents. There is a new voice emerging. She goes by Chika. An Anambra native, Chika has been singing since before she can remember, but decided to take her vocal talents to a professional level seven years ago. A graduate from Nnamdi Azikwe University (Unizik), Chika has released her first two singles: "Tell Mummy" and "Lullaby".

"Tell Mummy" is a touching song, conveying the fear and pain of some situations plaguing Nigeria: child abuse and defilement.

"My name is Bola am thirteen
I sell biscuits and sweets on the streets
Brother Wale says he likes me, he buys my biscuits and
Sweets e dey cut eye for me, on the streets
Brother Wale don touch me
Brother Wale defiled me
Took way my innocence on the street"

Her lyrics backed by her soulful voice are sure to bring emotions out of listeners.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/5hBbSmFa/Chika_-_Tell_Mummy.html?

"Lullaby" is a sweet, unique ballad with a Spanish-island influence to it. It is of one crying and being unhappy. She sings us a lullaby of reassurance, telling us "na oga dinma" (it will be well). The chorus is sure to bring memories from those with Igbo mothers, or whose mothers knew and sang the Igbo lullaby.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/xQWW-f7u/Chika_-_Lullaby.html?

Her voice is as calm and velvety as ever. Soothing and sure to be a favorite.

Chika's anticipated album is said to be released by early 2012. Stay tuned.[/center]
Re: Chika - A New Voice by amblors(m): 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2011
beautiful girl,
sweet voice.
good music.
nice share.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2011
She has a nice voice with a melodious tune. She's good.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by nnekachika: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2011
one word,  special
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 05, 2011
Yes, I agree. I think she's a gift.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by janealex: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2011
She really have a very nice voice. I think she will be a great addition to our music industry.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Talenty(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
These singles are unique. Not like the usual Nigeria gospel songs, but a masterpiece that will meet all standards in any part of the world any day, any time. No doubt Chika is going to be an explosion in the music industry. Keep it up.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by semid4lyfe(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
Didn't really feel her voice on the ''lullaby'' track cos the instrumentation was too loud and kinda drowned it.

All in all, not a bad voice but she's kinda overstretching it IMO.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Talenty(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Semid4life. Because of the device u used in playing the song, u cannot get all that's in there.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by twinskenny(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
nice lyrics nice song nice voice
Re: Chika - A New Voice by whobemumu(m): 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2011
me i go buy oh , sweet voice and concepts

she go go far

sweeeeet voice and very original

all the best girl
Re: Chika - A New Voice by RickyRoss1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2011
Shes very talented with a good voice. Keep it up Chika
Re: Chika - A New Voice by mekaboy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2011

NICE ONE ,
Re: Chika - A New Voice by seedord247(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
what's her relationship statuss?
Re: Chika - A New Voice by playboy19(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2011
Nice voice, whack lyrics, terrible production. Doesn't sound anything like a mainstream music, more like my old church choir. Just my opinion
Re: Chika - A New Voice by freepeople: 12:07am On Aug 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Didn't really feel her voice on the ''lullaby'' track cos the instrumentation was too loud and kinda drowned it.

All in all, not a bad voice but [size=18pt]she's kinda overstretching it[/size] IMO.

[size=14pt]supported[/size]
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 07, 2011
PLEASE TELL HER TO GO BACK TO HER FORMAL JOBS

BUYING AND SELLING BISCUITS AND SWEETS

she sick small, just waste my megabyte nonsense
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 07, 2011
Oga if you can't leave constructive criticism for her, then go back to load pushing.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by IBEXY(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2011
The lyrics made me laugh at times.
I initially thought "comical". Whats the stuff about selling biscuits  grin Who is brother Wale? That dude is in trouble cheesy
My rating on the voice and arrangement: not bad.
Lyrical content: not very good
Verdict: Interested to see what she does next before I reach a DECISION.
Advice: Work on the lyrical content. The voice is good though.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Kc3000: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
Very nice lyrics, and nice voice. I like it. But I agree, the production is not really the best, and the beats do tend to drown her voice,,,,,,,,,not her fault. It's just the quality of the production is not what it should be.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Kc3000: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
I would like to believe that she is throwing up that hand sign out of ignorance, anybody that knows this beautiful girl should tell her to please find out the meaning of that hand gesture before she identifies with it.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by sylve11: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
ActiveMan:

PLEASE TELL HER TO GO BACK TO HER FORMAL JOBS

BUYING AND SELLING BISCUITS AND SWEETS

she sick small, just waste my megabyte nonsense

IBEXY:

The lyrics made me laugh at times.
I initially thought "comical". Whats the stuff about selling biscuits grin Who is brother Wale? That dude is in trouble cheesy
My rating on the voice and arrangement: not bad.
Lyrical content: not very good
Verdict: Interested to see what she does next before I reach a DECISION.
Advice: Work on the lyrical content. The voice is good though.

lol grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
Kc3000:
I would like to believe that she is throwing up that hand sign out of ignorance, anybody that knows this beautiful girl should tell her to please find out the meaning of that hand gesture before she identifies with it.

Not of ignorance; more of innocence. What of the numerous Nigerian stars throwing up signs? Na she be the first?
Re: Chika - A New Voice by AccoPen(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
Nice one!!
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Promolink: 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
great songs!, inbox me ur number via: hotradiojam@yahoo.com, these are songs really worth on-air/radio promotions.

holla asap
Re: Chika - A New Voice by rapjunkie(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2011
this song no be am at all. . . . .
Re: Chika - A New Voice by freepeople: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2011
What a load of excrement!
Her voice is uninspiring.
The beats are crap!
The lyrics are comical.
Your producer deserves to be fired.
I thought that Nigerian artists have risen above the level of mediocrity.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by 195(f): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2011
IF SHES BLACK SKINNED THEN SHE RUBBISH undecided
Re: Chika - A New Voice by nnekachika: 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
The girl has got very strong reactions. she must be something, something big.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by jiggaz(m): 11:33am On Aug 18, 2011
I like d songs, especially d first one. @ogugua88, is she ur friend? She looks like someone i used to know way back in school. UNIZIK to be precise. She got a nice voice.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Kc3000: 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ogugua88, U are right, its probably out of innocence rather than ignorance. I did not make my coment to spite the singer. Like I said, I like her stuff, especially the 'Lullaby' song,,,,,took me back to my childhood, and its very soulful. From my understanding, that hand gesture does have some connotations that I'm sure our innocent sister doesn't want to identify with. I know some street gang, a particular college frat, and numerous entertainers in the US affiliate themselves with this same hand sign or something similar, but some or most of them probably do not know its true meaning. Anyways, I wish the best of luck to Chika, nevermind the pathological haters of nairaland, they are as pathetic as it gets.
Re: Chika - A New Voice by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2011
jiggaz:
I like d songs, especially d first one. @ogugua88, is she your friend? She looks like someone i used to know way back in school. UNIZIK to be precise. She got a nice voice.

She is smiley

Kc3000:
@ogugua88, U are right, its probably out of innocence rather than ignorance. I did not make my coment to spite the singer. Like I said, I like her stuff, especially the 'Lullaby' song,,,,,took me back to my childhood, and its very soulful. From my understanding, that hand gesture does have some connotations that I'm sure our innocent sister doesn't want to identify with. I know some street gang, a particular college frat, and numerous entertainers in the US affiliate themselves with this same hand sign or something similar, but some or most of them probably do not know its true meaning. Anyways, I wish the best of luck to Chika, nevermind the pathological haters of nairaland, they are as pathetic as it gets.

Oh don't worry. I completely understood you lol. The throwing of signs by many of our artists used to annoy me as well. The fact is that they're in Nigeria and most of them have no idea what those signs would mean out in the western world, so I've learned to ignore it. It's much like how holding up the index and middle fingers in the US to show peace has an entirely different meaning in Brazil. Down there it means "f*** you" lol. I wonder if you remember the Ronald Reagan controversy with that. We know what some of those signs mean, which is why we say something. As for those back home, I'm sure they mean no harm. They just shouldn't do it when they cross seas lol.

I agree with the bolded. My mom used to sing that lullaby to me as a child, so I can relate to it very well. She's been watching the page. I'm sure she knows haters come with the job lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download D’banj – Bachelor Audio & Video To Mobile / [www.mixtapes.ng] Best Of Professional Beat Mixtape By Dj Edge / Favourite Album Covers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.