Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,398 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nairaland Writers How Are You Sure - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers How Are You Sure (338 Views)

The Greed Of Nairaland Writers! / Nairaland Writers, How Are You Mentally? / Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Writers How Are You Sure by GoodIsGod: 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
How are you sure someone somewhere is not publishing your books.

If you don't know it's easy to make books out of your posts. All they need is to compile your story and Edit. Replace the names of characters and places. Some might even translate your stories into other languages and upload them for sale on Amazon and other sites.

They would change the title
Change the characters
Change the names of places,
Add a few pages by changing the narration in some places.
Or even change the language.

I have been thinking about this for so long and just wanted to know your thoughts about it.

What are you doing to keep your works safe from intelectual thieves?

Weldon to you all.
Re: Nairaland Writers How Are You Sure by Mirriamvic(f): 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
There is love in sharing
The more they steal, the more their lives depend on stealing and the more you make use of your brains, the sharper it becomes.

Don't forget to click on my signature to read the most amazing story.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers How Are You Sure by ajekpaks(m): 3:05am On Aug 10, 2022
GoodIsGod:
How are you sure someone somewhere is not publishing your books.

If you don't know it's easy to make books out of your posts. All they need is to compile your story and Edit. Replace the names of characters and places. Some might even translate your stories into other languages and upload them for sale on Amazon and other sites.

They would change the title
Change the characters
Change the names of places,
Add a few pages by changing the narration in some places.
Or even change the language.

I have been thinking about this for so long and just wanted to know your thoughts about it.

What are you doing to keep your works safe from intelectual thieves?

Weldon to you all.

Truth is it's more beneficial for your work to be out there and it's stolen than for you to hoard it in your head...

a useful tip I got from an experienced mentor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kokoka iya ika-The Wicked Witch / Chinua Achebe Prize For Literature 2022 Shortlist Announced / The Island Wolf - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.