Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me (890 Views)

In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel / I Want To Learn Programming. Please How Do I Start? / Medical Laboratory Science Or Programming Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
I've had interest in programming for more than 15 years, but I think now is the right time to start. But the problem is that I don't like mathematics and I don't do well in it either.

Can I still become a successful programmer?

Where do I start, which language will you recommend to me? (my major interest is cyber security)

What is the minimum spec of laptop that I should buy?

Please gurus help me
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by TastyFriedPussy: 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hmmm cyber security,one of the most underrated fields in tech..that's nice.. You don't even need programming to become a cyber-security consultant but if you want to become a wizard who's really good in cyber security, you need to know how to programme.. You don't need maths to become a successful programmer, as long as you know how to do basic 1+1 and CO, you'll be fine. But that doesn't mean it's going to be easy at all, at all.. Since your field of choice is cyber security, I'll advice you to start learning python because that's what Godly hackers and cyber-security experts use the most. After learning python, you can figure yourself out from there. I'm not saying it's a must to learn it ohh, you don't even need it, but if you want to be really, really good at what you do, like make your own hacking tools, reverse engineering, and more take your time to learn phyton first.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Hmmm cyber security,one of the most underrated fields in tech..that's nice.. You don't even need programming to become a cyber-security consultant but if you want to become a wizard who's really good in cyber security, you need to know how to programme.. You don't need maths to become a successful programmer, as long as you know how to do basic 1+1 and CO, you'll be fine. But that doesn't mean it's going to be easy at all, at all.. Since your field of choice is cyber security, I'll advice you to start learning python because that's what Godly hackers and cyber-security experts use the most. After learning python, you can figure yourself out from there. I'm not saying it's a must to learn it ohh, you don't even need it, but if you want to be really, really good at what you do, like make your own hacking tools, reverse engineering, and more take your time to learn phyton first.
That's very informative. You said I don't even need programming to debut in cyber security, please how? Explain more
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by TastyFriedPussy: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
uncleck:

That's very informative. You said I don't even need programming to debut in cyber security, please how? Explain more
a hacker or cyber-security expert who does not know how to programme is called a script kiddie (you can do more research on Google) these are the ones that used automated or already made tools to hack..they just download a bunch of hacking software, master it and start hacking. The government find it easier to trace and catch these one's (if your intent is malicious) and moreover, it's difficult to make legit money as a script kiddie because I don't think any company will be willing to hire you because they don't consider these ones to be skilled.

But like I said earlier, if your desire is to be a skilled ethical hacker who is good at what he does or a hacker who hopes to work for a company and earn legit money, you need to learn programming..simple

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
a hacker or cyber-security expert who does not know how to programme is called a script kiddie (you can do more research on Google) these are the ones that used automated or already made tools to hack..they just download a bunch of hacking software, master it and start hacking. The government find it easier to trace and catch these one's (if your intent is malicious) and moreover, it's difficult to make legit money as a script kiddie because I don't think any company will be willing to hire you because they don't consider these ones to be skilled.

But like I said earlier, if your desire is to be a skilled ethical hacker who is good at what he does or a hacker who hopes to work for a company and earn legit money, you need to learn programming..simple
That's it. See me see python
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:30am On Aug 11, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Of course you need to learn programming but professional programmers mostly use already made tools and for much of the time aren't programming.
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by Immunity1555: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2022
For your solution to LAUNCH your Tech Career Globally. try to login on this link.https://www.bincom.net/globaltech?utm_campaign=bincomtechclub202204&utm_source=Emmanuel Uwa_07038092071
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by Luzebox(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

Of course you need to learn programming but professional programmers mostly use already made tools and for much of the time aren't programming.
You should be able to read and understand codes to be a hacker..even if you can't build with it...if you plan on writing malwares though..you need to know how to code...for reverse engineering...u need c and assembly language...but for malware creation .. python will do...for me I started with web and mobile development...then transitioned into networking..then cyber security

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2022
Luzebox:

You should be able to read and understand codes to be a hacker..even if you can't build with it...if you plan on writing malwares though..you need to know how to code...for reverse engineering...u need c and assembly language...but for malware creation .. python will do...for me I started with web and mobile development...then transitioned into networking..then cyber security

Which learning progression would you recommend for me?
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by Luzebox(m): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2022
uncleck:

Which learning progression would you recommend for me?
start learning a programing language...like python...u don't need maths..and start reading up on networking...you can run both at the same time..after that...web development...you don't need to know how to build a website just understand how it works...and also change your OS to Kali Linux...and read up on how to navigate around the OS..after that you should be able to find your own way...it's not going to be easy bro

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by Lordpeckxy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
What you need is Logical thinking rather than math.
As long you good with logic, The you are good to go with programming.

and if you really want to explore cyber security, I recommend using Kali Linux as your Operating System and subscribing to NetworkChuck on YouTube.
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lordpeckxy:
What you need is Logical thinking rather than math.
As long you good with logic, The you are good to go with programming.

and if you really want to explore cyber security, I recommend using Kali Linux as your Operating System and subscribing to NetworkChuck on YouTube.

Thanks a lot. Please which budget laptop would you recommend to me?
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by uncleck: 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
Luzebox:
start learning a programing language...like python...u don't need maths..and start reading up on networking...you can run both at the same time..after that...web development...you don't need to know how to build a website just understand how it works...and also change your OS to Kali Linux...and read up on how to navigate around the OS..after that you should be able to find your own way...it's not going to be easy bro

Thanks a bunch. Could you please recommend a budget laptop?
Re: I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me by Lordpeckxy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
uncleck:

Thanks a lot. Please which budget laptop would you recommend to me?
Start with what you can, of average, then you upgrade the more you realize that your system is far below what you want to do.
The first HP Laptop I started out with, I bought for 37k. So far I have used 4 laptops (the one am using now, I bought at a discount rate of 380k). So the higher you go, the better your tech should be.

(1) (Reply)

Is Outsource Global Software Academy Worth It ? / Check Out My New Forum App I Created And Give Me Honest Opinions / Dreamweaver Mx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.