Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. (3887 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Dantecmu(m): 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2007
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF A MY COUSIN WHO IS A STUDENT IN CANADA CURRENTLY RUNNING AN UNDERGRADUTE PROGRAMME IN CANADA CAN INVITE ME FOR DECEMBER HOLIDAYS I WOULD BE SPONSORING MYSELF BECAUSE I WORK WITH MULTINATIONAL ORG HERE IN NIGERIA AND I HAVE BEING TO SOUTH AFRICA, UK AND IRELAND. THIS IS QUITE IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE I DONT WANT MY PASSPORT MESSED UP. THE ISSUE NOW IS CAN A STUDENT INVITE ME TO CANADA PLEASE YOUR VIEWS ARE KINDLY AND URGENTLY NEEDED.THANKS
CIAO
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Dantecmu(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2007
sorry he is a nigerian studying in canada at the moment.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by vikiviko(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2007
He can invite you.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Ezinwannem: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2007
I wanted to post da same thing as I am in that situation now. I am an undergrad. student in Canada and wanna invite my aunty, but stuff like occupation was being asked so i dont know how to go about it
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Kennwosu(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2007
I can package you to canada in less than ten days,just call Ken 08052778461.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by ssRhino: 2:37am On Aug 17, 2007
He cant invite you excpet it is for family reason, here are the reasons
1. before someone can invite u to canada, there has to be some finacial stability, and someone that is a student is blved by the govt of canada not finacially stable to be able to take care of herself, talkless of taking care of someone else.

2. to invite someone over, they will look at your income, and how come will a student be able to show, and what will the source of income be.

3. if the invitee default, what will the govt be able to hang on to, and who take care of the bills while the visitor is around.

if you must visit canada, better for you to get your own visiting visa, go to the embassy and tell them that you wanna go for shopping, or maybe you wanna go and see what it is like and as long as you are able to provide the embassy with a valid good work for you to come back to and ability to take care of your trip, you might be good, good luck
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Dantecmu(m): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2007
well its quite diffrent from the uk then cause i think students in the uk can invite relations over. the deal is this i would sponsor ma self i really need opinions and reasons, examples or experiences to back those opinions thank you.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by vikiviko(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2007
There is a case where a student invited a friend who was working here in lagos, the embassy called for an oral interview and he was asked his source and origin of funds considering the person inviting him.

A student can invite on MANY grounds
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by kaysie83: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
He can't invite you excpet it is for family reason, here are the reasons

[list]
[/list]@Rhino, I have been in Canada for 4 years and I have never heard of cases where international students can only invite someone for family reasons only.

1. before someone can invite u to canada, there has to be some finacial stability, and someone that is a student is blved by the govt of canada not finacially stable to be able to take care of herself, talkless of taking care of someone else.

2. to invite someone over, they will look at your income, and how come will a student be able to show, and what will the source of income be.

[list]

[/list]The Canadian high commission assesses the financial stability of the invitee  and not the student who will play the host.

3. if the invitee default, what will the govt be able to hang on to, and who take care of the bills while the visitor is around.

if you must visit canada, better for you to get your own visiting visa, go to the embassy and tell them that you want to go for shopping, or maybe you want to go and see what it is like and as long as you are able to provide the embassy with a valid good work for you to come back to and ability to take care of your trip, you might be good, good luck

@ Dantecmu, here a few tips for you and your cousin

just ask your cousin to include in the invitation letter that you will be responsible for your financial expenses during your stay.

Also your cousin should go to his/her school's ISO Office ( international students office) and get a notarized letter invitation letter. please don't go for your interview without the  ISO letter because the visa officer will ask you for it. the ISO letter carries more weight that your cousin's because that's the only way Canadian immigration will know for sure that your cousin is really a student as said in his/her application.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by ssRhino: 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2007
Kaysie, what is your status in canada and what part of Canada land are you at?
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by kaysie83: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2007
$$Rhino:

Kaysie, what is your status in canada and what part of Canada land are you at?

Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Ezinwannem: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2007
@kaysie83, can u speak French?
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by kaysie83: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2007
Ezinwannem:

@kaysie83, can u speak French?

@ ezinwannem,
nope. but I know a few swear words, thanks to my quebecois roomate   wink
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by debosky(m): 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2007
I think he can state he is coming to visit the student, not necessarily that the student is the host/invited him. In that case he'll just provide all the documents to show that the person is still in school and all, as well as proof that he can support himself.

A friend of mine did that for his folks to come over for his wedding last year and I don't think it was a big deal.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Ezinwannem: 1:14am On Aug 19, 2007
@kaysie83, aite, am not suprised cuz we alwayz learn da bad words 1st, lol, u@McGill Uni?
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by kaysie83: 3:37am On Aug 21, 2007
Ezinwannem:

@kaysie83, aite, am not suprised because we alwayz learn da bad words 1st, lol, u@McGill Uni?

nope, Concordia ( GO STINGERS !!!!) but my sis goes to McGill .
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by chikoo(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2007
pls i need somebody that can help me to admission in school or anyway he can help me to come to canada.pls call me so we can talk 08033831188 08062747073.
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by Ezinwannem: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2007
oh, I will be coming 2 McGill in Jan. for a UN CONFERENCE (ONE OF DEM DELEGATES)
Re: Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. by meetyommy: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2009
Hello Mr, i saw your response to my post, CANADA CONFERENCE.
i really dont understand what you meant by that response, however i understand that your Level of maturity accounts for that kind of response, if you had put the word ALL instead of US, it would have made alot of sense,
Take care

(1) (Reply)

Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? / Greece Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Greek Schengen Visa Application / Angel Like Creature Falls Down From The Sky (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.