Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Much Does Your Husband Earn? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does Your Husband Earn? (6611 Views)

Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Does Your Husband Help With The Child At Night? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2011
Okay, I don't really want figures. I just wanted to ask the guys here, do you share your salary details with your wives? If you don't why? And for the women in here, does your hubby tells you what he earns? Do you expect him to?

PS: not just husband/wives but fiancé/fiancee. . .
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2011
Why wouldn't a man tell his wife what he earns and vice versa? undecided

I know what he earns and he knows what I earn. My own is please do not expect me to hand over my paycheck
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 04, 2011
jennykadry:

I know what he earns and he knows what I earn. My own is please do not expect me to hand over my paycheck

Lol cheesy cheesy

Ibu nnoo ezigbote onye igbo! grin
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by kemori: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2011
@jennykadry, that is really funny, so what is the point knowing how much u earn and cant get a token from it, lol
women, we are comedians
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2011
^^He married me to take care of me financially not the other way round.

Yea yea, let me hear someone scream gold digger. I kinda like the name though cool

Ujujoan:

Lol cheesy cheesy

Ibu nnoo ezigbote onye igbo! grin

Nne my eyez dey shine like torch cool
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2011
Well the reason why I asked is because some men think it's Oyinbo style to talk about what they earn with their other half. I am in favour of transparency. If you cannot share these kind of information with your other half, it may mean you do not trust her and if you do not trust her, why be with her?

At the same time, I am also against women who depend on their man for everything or stash away their earnings somewhere while eyeing the guy's own. . .
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 04, 2011
Glamglam:

At the same time, I am also against women who depend on their man for everything or stash away their earnings somewhere while eyeing the guy's own. . .

You got me there cool
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2011
Glamglam:

Depend?No But expect ?Oh Yes.  cheesy

@Topic,What about non-salary earners,business men and women,self employed et all?Do you account for all profits made?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by blank(f): 11:49am On Aug 05, 2011
We know what each other earn and we are both signatories to each others account right from when we were dating but i am too lazy to worry about banking transactions. He does all of that and we both use our money as we decide. Can't remember doing my money or your money. Everything he buys, he buys in my name so i can't really be bothered with keeping my money for myself. Let him worry about money while i worry my pretty head about more important things like what to wear. lol.

Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Jkorokoro: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
@JennyKandry: Are u married?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
I am still waiting for a guy to give an answer or an opinion on this issue. Or could it be that the guys have other ideas? wink
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
@jkorokoro

Your question is un answerable.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
Depends on the couple. Some couples beleive in total transparency and some dont.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
No real man tells his wife what he earns unlesss he is a complete f.ool.
Women will still come to ask their man for the money for the smallest thing in the house even if she earns more than him!
The more a man exposes his finances,the more she gonna ask for.
Clever men never declare real account figures to their women.
Thats the truth!
So when you feel you are cleaning him out,he is actually having the last laugh!
I do it all the time and I can bet my bottom money other brothers do it too!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
Richvkunt:

Women will still come to ask their man for the money for the smallest thing in the house even if she earns more than him!
Thats the truth!

Thank you very much for your response. I have to admit I was expecting something similar from a guy. But you didn't say if you know what your wife earns and if you do, does that make her foolish? If you don't know what she earns does that mean she is secretive or hoarding her money etc?
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2011
Richvkunt:

Thats the truth!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Na wa o
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
Glamglam:

Thank you very much for your response. I have to admit I was expecting something similar from a guy. But you didn't say if you know what your wife earns and if you do, does that make her foolish? If you don't know what she earns does that mean she is secretive or hoarding her money etc?

[/quote
Am divorced.
When I was married,I couldn't care less what wifey was earning because I knew she was always gonna ask me for everything even if she was earning more than me.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
naijababe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Na wa o

Its called the truth,which will set everyone free!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
^ Whose truth? Yours? I humbly submit that I would rather remain in bondage in a lie
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^
Suit yourself,it is a free world!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
^ Oh, I plan to cool
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^
Goodnight!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Glamglam(f): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2011
Richvkunt:

Richvkunt, I must confess that you have quite a strong opinion on this matter. I hope this did not contribute to your divorce though. . .
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2011
^^^
I have a strong opinion on this because I am experienced in such matters.An average woman prefers you spend all your money before she will agree to touch a dime of hers.
As for your second question:NO!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 06, 2011
jennykadry:

lai lai. grin As the chief economist of my home, you must hand over your paycheck with immediate alacrity. We cant be having spurious buying of bags and shoes no one will ever use around the home.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2011
Richvkunt:

Thats the truth!

your problem isnt that you told your wife how much you earned but that you married a bad, uncaring and selfish woman who was more interested in herself than her home. A real woman would be more interested in how to use both yours and her money to take care of the family than her own needs.

Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 06, 2011
davidylan:

your problem isnt that you told your wife how much you earned but that you married a bad, uncaring and selfish woman who was more interested in herself than her home. A real woman would be more interested in how to use both yours and her money to take care of the family than her own needs.

Hmm,You are entitled to your opinion as I am To mine.
What percentage of women really do the bolded? Be honest with yourself!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 06, 2011
davidylan:

lai lai.  grin As the chief economist of my home, you must hand over your paycheck with immediate alacrity. We cant be having spurious buying of bags and shoes no one will ever use around the home.

embarassed embarassed embarassed I was told that I need deliverance from shoes and bags buying.

Bia dafidi e be like say you have become a prophet grin grin Good guess
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by ifyalways(f): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2011
Richvkunt is[b] divorced[/b]?

Explains all the hate and dislike for the 'M' word.Chei,unleashing all the divorce and lost years pains on here.Like someone already mentioned,you probably got yourself a wrong woman.

Truly,divorcees are in serious emotional pain.E go better.
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by david45(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
hello
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
ifyalways:

Richvkunt is[b] divorced[/b]?

Explains all the hate and dislike for the 'M' word.Chei,unleashing all the divorce and lost years pains on here.Like someone already mentioned,you probably got yourself a wrong woman.

Truly,divorcees are in serious emotional pain.E go better.

So you are not only a wrestling fanatic but also a psychologist as well?
Like I once told you you do NOT know me.
This is an anonymous forum.
Stop trying to place me in a box!
Re: How Much Does Your Husband Earn? by ifyalways(f): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2011
^
LOL.I intentionally did not quote your reply to glamglam.
See his response to your divorce confession:
Glamglam:

Richvkunt, I must confess that you have quite a strong opinion on this matter. I hope this did not contribute to your [b]divorce [/b]though. . .

Your rushing to edit that post of yours proves one thing . . .you are amongst other things a coward.  cool
. . .As per your rants,I understand how bitter you are and can only wish you better days.
BTW,was the divorce that bad  undecided

SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful. / / Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package!