Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State (1380 Views)

An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by Africanamania: 10:26am On Aug 11, 2022
It is very alarming and wicked,the way marriage list is been prepared nowadays.
I stumbled into one during the week,what I saw that was listed as requirements,is beyond acceptable. The level of taxation of the bridegroom is very appalling and wicked.
Urhobos have never had it so bad like this, we are not known as tribe that rips off financial gains from prospective in-laws, through out right sale of our children. This must be curtailed,all traditional institutions must synergize and create a level playing for our people and future prospective in-laws.
The economic situation does not give us the room to exploit ourselves, below is a current list from an urhobo kingdom.

1 Share

Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by tritt(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2022
What is alarming here? Is it expensive or moderate enough?
Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by Felimax(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2022
Mad list!

I have married off two of my sisters and despite my dad's stubbornness I took it upon myself and work on the list. I removed all the unnecessaries and reduced what I could. I got to the village and told my kindred about my actions. It was a tug of war but I succeeded as non has ever reach out to me concerning their sister's marriage so therefore they cannot insist on what are not necessary, they had no choice.

I told my in-laws that my sisters are not for sale, at the tail end of the marriage they must return home dead or alive.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by DOUBLEWAHALA: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2022
Number 12 is dupe cool

1 Like

Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by Treasure17(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2022
Which one is fuel finish? grin E be things.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by Mindlog: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2022
Felimax:
Mad list!

I have married off two of my sisters and despite my dad's stubbornness I took it upon myself and work on the list. I removed all the unnecessaries and reduced what I could. I got to the village and told my kindred about my actions. It was a tug of war but I succeeded as non has ever reach out to me concerning their sister's marriage so therefore they cannot insist on what are not necessary, they had no choice.

I told my in-laws that my sisters are not for sale, at the tail end of the marriage they must return home dead or alive.

You did well, men are the ones to curtail the extortions going on under the guise of "list".

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Marriage Price List From A Certain Urhobo Kingdom In Delta State by Richy4(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I like that number 4 with all my heart...very hilarious grin
Number 17, mummy GO will send them straight to hellfire grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Spice Up Your Sex Life With Jekonmo / About Your Parents / The Fight For Equal Rights!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.