Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) (40327 Views)

Girlfriend Rejects Marriage Proposal Because She Is Pregnant For Her Bestie / The 5 Most Reliable Way To Tell If Your Rabbit Is Pregnant / Wrong Expression: Is 'She is Pregnant FOR him' wrong or correct ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by abobote: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2022
T
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by BadNews: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Realtalk20: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2022
These are the type of things Tinubu doesn't want to see
.he wants everyone outside the southwest to be in farms cultivating cassava and corn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by SeriouslySense(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2022
So you still keep records, of who laughed at you. And the relative comparisons. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by EponOjuku: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2022
Realtalk20:
These are the type of things Tinubu doesn't want to see
.he wants everyone outside the southwest to be in farms cultivating cassava and corn

Mkpurummiri cannibal, If they don't execute you in a foreign prison, UGM will behead you at home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by OPICANTO2223: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2022
Afunjaas should be aware not to look down on Obi cos tomorrow is pregnant with more poverty and owo da in thiefnubuAPC
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by BadNews: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:
A long read but quite insightful and inspiring.

I was supposed to graduate with a First-Class but made 2:1(second class upper) because a lecturer vowed that I can't be the best student ever in Computer Science Department.

What was my offence?

He said I was so insolent to publicly correct a wrong notion he postulated in class during one of his lectures, also, since he didn't graduate with a First Class then nobody else would be in the department as long as he is alive.

This happened about 12 years ago.

He was the head of the conspiracy that marked me down in my final year...

I was very depressed the day I collected my call-up letter to the National Youth Service Corps and saw I was posted to Kebbi one of the educationally less developed states in the country.

Going out of the school, I met Dr. Irukefe at the walkway and he said " I heard about your posting."

He laughed and continued " It doesn't cost much to give your details to someone at NYSC, I want to see how your computer knowledge will be useful in a state where you can count the number of computers, you felt you know something l will see how you will make it in this profession. Best of Luck". And he walked away.

I was stunned because I wanted to serve in Lagos, so this was how I got Kebbi.

Later, a reliable source told me he said that I should thank my stars that he didn't make me have an extra year in school.

I didn't know the hatred was so much.
I was diligent in my studies because of my poor background, my parent struggled to send me to school.

I went to the NYSC camp in Dakingari, very discouraged because I wanted to serve in Lagos where an IT firm had promised to pay me 20,000 Naira apart from my NYSC allowance.

Three days to the end of the camp, a man came asking if there is anyone who can repair a Laptop computer. I volunteered and successfully repaired it. He said his thanks, collected my phone number, and left. He didn't even pay me for my effort.

I thought I was going to teach in a school, When I received my placement letter, I was shocked that I was posted to the office of the Senator representing one of the constituencies in the state.

I was astonished. More amazed, when my phone rang about an hour and the man who came with the faulty Laptop was waiting for me in a Jeep.

He drove me to meet the senator, who thanked me profusely for saving his laptop because it contained bills that he wanted to sponsor at the Senate for his constituency.

The Senator offered me a job as his Personal Assistant and computer instructor at the computer institute he had set up in the state. He laid down his plans on how he wanted young students in his constituency to be computer literate and I am to be the coordinator.

My salary was over 80,000 Naira, with a furnished apartment, and medical allowance. I had access to his cars, and the first contract I executed made me a millionaire because I was asked to procure laptops and accessories for all the senior civil servants in the state ministries.

His company was given the contract.

It was from this state that I was able to secure a scholarship to study after three years of working with my principal after NYSC. He didn't want me to go because the computer school was a success story but he facilitated my comfortable arrival in the United States.

All this happened within 12 years.

I have a Ph.D. in Forensic and Information Technology.

Not quite a long time, I was speaking at the conference of World Forensic Scientists in Japan. After delivering my lecture, there was a standing ovation from the participants all over the world.

Among them was my old-time lecturer, after the proceeding, I walked up and greeted him, he acted like he couldn't recall who I was so I reminded his exact words which were "let me see how you will make it in this profession. I am the boy you said those words to.

He was astonished.

I advised, "try to be a mentor to the young students, you don't know who and what they will become."

"Not only have I made it from this profession but internationally am recognized, you must have been seeing my publications, It was I who paid $5500 to sponsor your trip for this conference under the auspices of GRAND Inc. I owed the company.

"Sir, yearly you will be invited, to speak at a conference like this, it's my way of saying thank you for influencing my posting to Kebbi state that particular year. If you had not done it I would not have made it to where I am today. You meant evil but God turn it into good.

"I hope your hotel room (Room 312) has a nice view of Tokyo?"

He stood rooted to the spot, he was too dazed to speak as I was taken away to meet other professionals in the tech business.

He later sent a mail of apology

when ASUU went on strike, I was informed he was boasting at the department in Nigeria that he is the only lecturer in Africa, who was invited to participate at the GRAND Inc World Conference and subsequently he would be one of the speakers. I guess a leopard never changes its spot.

I am glad he is not poor but he didn't meet me where he left me 12 years ago.

No matter what anyone does to you, continue to be hardworking, a man's gift one day will always make a way for him.

COPIED

Where Did you copied it from
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by GloriousGbola: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:

I was supposed to graduate with a First-Class but made 2:1(second class upper) because a lecturer vowed that I can't be the best student ever in Computer Science Department.

What was my offence?

He said I was so insolent to publicly correct a wrong notion he postulated in class during one of his lectures, also, since he didn't graduate with a First Class then nobody else would be in the department as long as he is alive.

I was very depressed the day I collected my call-up letter to the National Youth Service Corps and saw I was posted to Kebbi one of the educationally less developed states in the country.

Going out of the school, I met Dr. Irukefe at the walkway and he said " I heard about your posting."

He laughed and continued " It doesn't cost much to give your details to someone at NYSC, I want to see how your computer knowledge will be useful in a state where you can count the number of computers, you felt you know something l will see how you will make it in this profession. Best of Luck". And he walked away.

Later, a reliable source told me he said that I should thank my stars that he didn't make me have an extra year in school.

I was diligent in my studies because of my poor background, my parent struggled to send me to school.

I went to the NYSC camp in Dakingari, very discouraged because I wanted to serve in Lagos where an IT firm had promised to pay me 20,000 Naira apart from my NYSC allowance.

Three days to the end of the camp, a man came asking if there is anyone who can repair a Laptop computer. I volunteered and successfully repaired it. He said his thanks, collected my phone number, and left. He didn't even pay me for my effort.

I thought I was going to teach in a school, When I received my placement letter, I was shocked that I was posted to the office of the Senator representing one of the constituencies in the state.

I was astonished. More amazed, when my phone rang about an hour and the man who came with the faulty Laptop was waiting for me in a Jeep.

He drove me to meet the senator, who thanked me profusely for saving his laptop because it contained bills that he wanted to sponsor at the Senate for his constituency.

The Senator offered me a job as his Personal Assistant and computer instructor at the computer institute he had set up in the state. He laid down his plans on how he wanted young students in his constituency to be computer literate and I am to be the coordinator.

My salary was over 80,000 Naira, with a furnished apartment, and medical allowance. I had access to his cars, and the first contract I executed made me a millionaire because I was asked to procure laptops and accessories for all the senior civil servants in the state ministries.

It was from this state that I was able to secure a scholarship to study after three years of working with my principal after NYSC. He didn't want me to go because the computer school was a success story but he facilitated my comfortable arrival in the United States.

Not quite a long time, I was speaking at the conference of World Forensic Scientists in Japan. After delivering my lecture, there was a standing ovation from the participants all over the world.

Among them was my old-time lecturer, after the proceeding, I walked up and greeted him, he acted like he couldn't recall who I was so I reminded his exact words which were "let me see how you will make it in this profession. I am the boy you said those words to.

He was astonished.

I advised, "try to be a mentor to the young students, you don't know who and what they will become."

"Not only have I made it from this profession but internationally am recognized, you must have been seeing my publications, It was I who paid $5500 to sponsor your trip for this conference under the auspices of GRAND Inc. I owed the company.

"Sir, yearly you will be invited, to speak at a conference like this, it's my way of saying thank you for influencing my posting to Kebbi state that particular year. If you had not done it I would not have made it to where I am today. You meant evil but God turn it into good.

He stood rooted to the spot, he was too dazed to speak as I was taken away to meet other professionals in the tech business.

when ASUU went on strike, I was informed he was boasting at the department in Nigeria that he is the only lecturer in Africa, who was invited to participate at the GRAND Inc World Conference and subsequently he would be one of the speakers. I guess a leopard never changes its spot.

No matter what anyone does to you, continue to be hardworking, a man's gift one day will always make a way for him.

COPIED

the sort of rubbish fantasy God's plan stories we love to share in third world countries

complete with an anonymous storyteller.

when lecturers got the power to influence NYSC posting - that is another story again.

on well, we all need our opium i guess

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Trojan8(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2022
More than 30 people have posted this story on Nairaland alone.

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by victor9jaar: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2022
I would have burned his world down and danced in The ashes of what once was.
HOW DARE HE TRY TO MESS WITH MY FUTURE OVER SOMETHING SO STUPID!
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by bigdammyj: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2022
Story
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Burgerlomo: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2022
MMempire:
Good lesson to hateful Nigeria lecturers.

This is a great lesson to all bad belle people and not only the lecturers

2 Likes

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by jonili(m): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:

What was my offence?

He was astonished.

COPIED

Read this on FB weeks a go o
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by xevove2061: 11:09am On Aug 13, 2022
That is how God works. He did it in like this for Joseph. Also did the same thing to Pharaoh. Likewise he is doing the same thing to Tinubu. That is why he said our wisdom is like foolishness in his sight because he knows the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning. Muslim-Muslim wey them dey calculate say go fetch them all their numbers go in the end be their downfall. lol
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by JohnBullMySon: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2022
Great story.

From my findings, there's nothing like Grand inc conference in computer science. But we get the message and wisdom. Just like the bible.
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:

What was my offence?

He was astonished.

COPIED
This is life touching. Thanks for sharing.
Bros na you this thing happened to?
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by sweetval: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2022
This piece almost made me cry. I’m inspired. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by PHIPEX(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Rickmann:

I think the lesson here is that God can use even ur enemy to propel you to greatness. You were seeing things from ur human point of view but God always has his own plans for us. Also, lets always see opportunities anywhere we find ourselves. No place has a monopoly of success, God is everywhere , if only u believe.

Congrats my friend.
You just inspired me without knowing it. "No place has a monopoly of success".

1 Like

Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by farous(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Karleb:

Stories like these are from LinkedIn, they might not be fake but not totally true.

The author normally add sugar to make it presentable.

Hahahahaha
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
This is not necessary, just thank God and move on...
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by dettolgel: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
MMempire:
Good lesson to hateful Nigeria lecturers.

You believed this cock and bull story?
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by Ayk8: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:

What was my offence?

He was astonished.

COPIED

Wow! A great write up. Nobody knows tomorrow
Re: Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant) by ejimatic: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2022
UrVillagePpl:

What was my offence?

He was astonished.

COPIED
. I have seen this fiction on many plartforms It however has many lessons

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday. / Why English Is So Hard! (PHOTO) / Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.