Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians (3190 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / ASUU Strike: Education Minister Walks Out Of Meeting With Students / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Youngboss54(m): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
sinkhole:
What a surprising comment embarassed
I will respond to you on Friday, if not before! wink

Please Note:
Tuesday meeting (this meeting will most likely not be a public meeting and the discourse there may not be accessible to all, but rumor of what was discussed will always be available) and Thursday briefing will hold.

Nobody says that the meetings must necessarily bring positivity, but we are all praying that it should be positive and from what we could gather, it seems positive. Meanwhile, if the outcome turns negative, then there is nothing anybody can do about it!

We shall see, on or before Friday. Cheers cheesy
ASUU chairman just corroborated your claim on channels. Don't mind that immature guy up there
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Lastbornbuns: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2022
So the struggle is at an end at last.
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by SATANlSTMINION: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2022
Adonis69:
ASUU-FGN agreement on UTAS. Over the weekend, Pantami admitted a lot of pitfalls in IPPIS, thus today, Adamu at the instance of the Buhari agreed to drop IPPIS and have adopted UTAS for payment of all the various unions in the university system.

On salary, federal government accepted to double lecturers salaries, that's, 100% increment as against 180% recommended by Briggs committee.

On EAA, the matter is undecided.
On revitalization fund, the matter is undecided.

God will see us through.
is this true?
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by SATANlSTMINION: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2022
MyFlair:

I graduated before you were born. Why I was angry by your post is because you have consistently posted incorrect information here . It is wrong
just shut up already.
Sinkhole's information has always been accurate and most of us on this forum can attest to that.
You're a notorious failed blogger known all over this forum for scamming nairalanders by spreading false information
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Creeknigga(m): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2022
They should hurry up with the update na
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2022
SATANlSTMINION:
is this true?
It is a rumor!
ASUU will get the correct information today and if they are happy, that will be the end of the strike cheesy
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Wilson500: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2022
I don't think ASUU has any justification to continue their strike if FG has accepted their UTAS
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
FG and ASUU meeting ongoing.
Prof Gambari, Buhari's CoS presiding.
Ngige, ministry of edu, finance, NiTDA, TETFund, salary and wages, etc in attendance cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Jecci(f): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
Will the strike be called off is there any hope of it being called off
Frustrated Nigerian student
sinkhole:
FG and ASUU meeting ongoing.
Prof Gambari, Buhari's CoS presiding.
Ngige, ministry of edu, finance, NiTDA, TETFund, salary and wages, etc in attendance cheesy
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
Jecci:
Will the strike be called off is there any hope of it being called off
Frustrated Nigerian student
Sure, there is a very big hope!
This their meeting is like a football match at a penalty kick stage after a draw match, everybody's heart just dey do gbim-gbim grin cheesy
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Phillyboi(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:
This their meeting is like a football match at a penalty kick stage after a draw match, everybody's heart just dey do gbim-gbim grin cheesy

How far , dem don call am off? as we dey penalty stage na .. lmao .. you dey whine buhari �� grin

I'm sure after this debacle , you'll learn to stop raising people's hopes unnecessarily .. obviously you've got little sources here and there but be calm
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by GregoryPeterson(m): 1:06am On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:

Phillyboi:

How far , dem don call am off? as we dey penalty stage na .. lmao .. you dey whine buhari �� grin

I'm sure after this debacle , you'll learn to stop raising people's hopes unnecessarily .. obviously you've got little sources here and there but be calm
Cc MyFlair
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Wilson500: 1:26am On Aug 17, 2022
Las las ASUU na wicked union sha
Dem just murder students' hope
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 5:52am On Aug 17, 2022
Phillyboi:

My guy please relax cheesy, if you follow Nigerian journalists and bloggers you will just kill yourself without a course!
This is the truth of the matter: the meeting was held secretly and the outcome was not known to any outsiders; FG has offered ASUU something but ASUU excos will take the offer(s) to the their members for approval before agreeing on strike suspension!
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 5:55am On Aug 17, 2022
Wilson500:
Las las ASUU na wicked union sha
Dem just murder students' hope
NO, the truth is that outsiders do not know the outcome of the meeting and the journalists and bloggers have decided to go on free-for-all speculations.
ASUU is meeting to consider what FG has offered and there is still hope!
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Lastbornbuns: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:
NO, the truth is that outsiders do not know the outcome of the meeting and the journalists and bloggers have decided to go on free-for-all speculations.
ASUU is meeting to consider what FG has offered and there is still hope!
But according to Punch, a member of ASUU NEC said FG isn't serious. Osodeke said "the meeting wasn't good"
How much longer will this last oh Lord?
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2022
Lastbornbuns:

But according to Punch, a member of ASUU NEC said FG isn't serious. Osodeke said "the meeting wasn't good"
How much longer will this last oh Lord?
Relax please.
Hope is not yet lost, if it is lost I will tell you!
ASUU should be meeting at the EXCOs level, as I am typing now! And they may have to reach down to their branches before we can conclude. NO outsider knows the conclusion of yesterday's meeting, they did not even know the venue of the meeting!

Let us all pray that whatever FG offered ASUU is acceptable to the generalty of ASUU members.
THERE IS STILL HOPE!

You can read my post from Vanguard newspaper here: https://www.nairaland.com/7285300/strike-anxiety-ASUU-fg-teams
It gives better perspective of the meeting and it's outcome!
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Wilson500: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:
My guy please relax cheesy, if you follow Nigerian journalists and bloggers you will just kill yourself without a course!
This is the truth of the matter: the meeting was held secretly and the outcome was not known to any outsiders; FG has offered ASUU something but ASUU excos will take the offer(s) to the their members for approval before agreeing on strike suspension!

Ok
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2022
Wilson500:

Ok
That is good.
Mauope of ChannelsTV, herself said that the deadlock report was based on "body language" since no press person know the outcome of the meeting.
If you keep following me on NL, I will surely inform you when to start smiling or crying (sorry for my use of those words), but for now we do not need to cry or smile, we only need to keep hope alive wink
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Lastbornbuns: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2022
OK, thanks
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Phillyboi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:

ok boss grin
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Niklaus398: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
sinkhole:
Adamu seems to have performed the miracle o cheesy cheesy
Let us hope that next week will bring smile to everybody's face cool

Adamu will be meeting with ASUU & Co on Tuesday and he will be briefing the general public on Thursday: I think we are guessing what I am guessing? Meanwhile, let us wait for ASUU themselves!
Well apparently he failed
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by sinkhole: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Niklaus398:
Well apparently he failed
I, painfully, agree cry cry
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by tayewomi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
abeg so there's no hope again.
Re: Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians by Wilson500: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
This strike will roll over to next year
Both parties involved are wicked
I just weep for students

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniuyo's Screening And Registration Requirement! / Top 100 Secondary Schools In Nigeria / 2010/2011 Admission@ Osun State Polytechnic, Iree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.