Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:36 AM

Father Of Fathers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Of Fathers. (141 Views)

Happy Father's Day To All Roman Catholic Church Fathers / Happy Father's Day To The Entire Catholic Fathers All Over The World / I Need Deliverance From Powers From Fathers' House- Help Me Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father Of Fathers. by AbundantLife05: 6:15am On Aug 14, 2022
FATHER OF FATHERS. Luke 11:11-13
“You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? [12]Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! [13]So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.” NLT.

There are fathers on earth who are biological fathers because they are responsible for bringing children into the world. These people are also known as parents, and as we all know that one gender cannot bring children into the world without the cooperation of the other gender. This means that the fathers we are talking about this morning are both fathers and mothers (parents). The duty of fathers (parents) is to take care of their children by providing for them, by teaching them how to live and by guiding them. Every responsible parent will take care of their children and not give them what will hurt them. Luke 11:11. Also, we know of parents who leave inheritances behind for their children, we know of parents who set their children up after school and so on. These are the responsibilities of parents towards their children.

However, there is a father who acts as the father for everyone because even our earthly fathers need someone to take care of them and because it is not every earthly father that is responsible. So, people without responsible fathers need someone to fill in the gap for them apart from other father figures that they have. This father is the father of everyone who accepts his one and only Son Jesus as his or her Lord and saviour. He adopts everyone as his child immediately they give their lives to Jesus. Romans 8:15: So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” NLT. The first thing he does is to give his Spirit to us to open a line of communication with us and to give us a sense of belonging by leading us. Galatians 5:25: Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. NLT.

After this, the Holy Spirit within us gives us power to carry out our task because like our earthly fathers, God will give us tasks to carry out which primarily are preaching the gospel, casting out devils, healing the sick and having dominion over everything. Mark 16:16-18: Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. [17]These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. [18]They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.” NLT. Also, the Father of fathers comforts his children through the Holy Spirit who is the comforter. John.14.16: And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever – [17] The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you. AMP.

The Father of fathers provides for his children beyond their wildest imaginations. Philippians 4:19: And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. NLT. God is the role model Father who takes care of people more than how anyone will take care of them. It is only advisable that you become his child by accepting his one and only son as your Lord and saviour and you will begin to enjoy the benefits of his fatherhood which is designed to lead you here on earth and take you to heaven. John 14:6: Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. NLT. If you are ready to do so, say this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

God's Everlasting Covenant / The Secret Of Overcoming Sins / Don't Come And Be Judging After You Watch This Finished Oó

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.