Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO (532 Views)

I Left Enugu To Visit My Boyfriend In Owerri - Kosisochukwu Anioma (video) / Moment Mexico Arrest Entire Police Force Of A Town Over Murder(pics) / Young Woman Blocked From Police Force Because Of FAKE Boobs….poses Risk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Fidelarinze9(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
This interview with Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Victor Ogbeide, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Utako Police Division, begins a series of interviews THE WHISTLER would be having with police officers who have demonstrated uncommon patriotism and professionalism in the discharge of their duties.

The Commissioner of Police for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) approved this website to identify and interview police officers who have excelled at their duties to protect residents of the FCT.

It is our way of celebrating officers who are making sacrifices for the welfare and protection of the people. While some officers of the Force may have given it a bad public image due to shameless disregard for due process and corruption, we are also aware that the Nigeria Police Force has some of the most conscientious, competent and patriotic officers any police force could have.

The situation gets worse in the event of the insecurity ravaging the country, leaving police officers overwhelmed, despite the ostentatious lack facing the system.

CSP Ogbeide has served the NPF in different capacities, at home and abroad. He has strong expertise in Tactical/ Crack/Tracking Operations.

This interview with Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Victor Ogbeide, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Utako Police Division, begins a series of interviews THE WHISTLER would be having with police officers who have demonstrated uncommon patriotism and professionalism in the discharge of their duties.

The Commissioner of Police for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) approved this website to identify and interview police officers who have excelled at their duties to protect residents of the FCT.

It is our way of celebrating officers who are making sacrifices for the welfare and protection of the people. While some officers of the Force may have given it a bad public image due to shameless disregard for due process and corruption, we are also aware that the Nigeria Police Force has some of the most conscientious, competent and patriotic officers any police force could have.

The situation gets worse in the event of the insecurity ravaging the country, leaving police officers overwhelmed, despite the ostentatious lack facing the system.

CSP Ogbeide has served the NPF in different capacities, at home and abroad. He has strong expertise in Tactical/ Crack/Tracking Operations.

Excerpts:

Why Did You Join the Police?
My name is CSP Godfrey Victor Ogbeide. I joined the Police Force as Cadet ASP precisely August 15, 2002. I joined the Force not because I was not working; I was an operational manager in one of the oil firms in Rivers State, Port Harcourt.

I joined the Force because of Passion. You know, God is omniscient and omnipotent. He gives talents and potential to everybody; I feel that I have the flare for security and the comparative advantage in doing that.

Do You Feel Fulfilled As Police Officer, And Are you Happy With Your Profession?
Yes, I feel very fulfilled. If I reincarnate, I will wish to join the Police Force because the police are like a Reverend Father or Pastor because you are touching people’s lives. If criminals will go and attack, kill and kidnap somebody, and you can take them off the streets, then you are doing God’s work.

What Are Some Professional Hazards You Have Experienced In Your Line Of Duty?
We have so many hazards. Precisely, in Imo State last two years, we were attacked by members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), and one of my boys paid the supreme price. So many times, as a tactical commander, we confront hoodlums one-on-one, and by God’s grace, He has seen me through it because these criminals, if they don’t like you, will want to get rid of you.

So, it’s a field of hazards, and you have to be professional while dealing with them. Most of the hazards, are seen when you are a victim of hoodlums and, as a police officer, your boys can be killed. However, the IGP is trying to see how to assuage that feeling by giving them some funds, employment and other things. But apart from being attacked, there is also the hazard of post-trauma that most policers go through because if you lose a loved one, it is a big trauma.

Is There A Body Responsible For Handling Post Trauma Operation For Officers?
What happens in the police force is a microcosm of what happens in the larger society. The question I will ask you is, is there any psychological trauma centre you have in Nigerian society? We don’t. So, you have to rely on an improvised way of rationing ourselves through churches and mosques.

What Are the Dangers You Have Encountered Leading The Police Team In Utako?

Read more: https://thewhistler.ng/interview-i-left-oil-company-to-join-police-force-because-its-gods-work-dpo/
Ew

Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by JON01: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2022
angry
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by JON01: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2022
angry cheesy
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2022
Enjoy and be safe.
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2022
Roger
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Befulfilled(f): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
Wonderful decision.
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Fidelarinze9(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lalasticlara
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Fidelarinze9(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Myndy44
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by danietohbadt(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2022
No be juju be this?
Re: INTERVIEW: I Left Oil Company To Join Police Force Because It’s God’s Work — DPO by Angrygoat: 7:00am On Aug 18, 2022
Stupid Benin man

(1) (Reply)

General Buratai Commissions Project In Nigerian Army University / Breaking:umo Eno Attempts To Change Certificate Tendered In Court / I Need Help My Life Is At Stake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.