Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Court Sentences Bus Driver To 2 Years In Jail For Breach Of Traffic Rule - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Court Sentences Bus Driver To 2 Years In Jail For Breach Of Traffic Rule (728 Views)

Bus Driver Strips Unclad As LASTMA Officials Try To Tow His Bus / Jeeez.... See What This Bus Driver Did With Our #1,000 Note / Soldier Delayed Vehicles For 3hrs For Violating Traffic Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Sentences Bus Driver To 2 Years In Jail For Breach Of Traffic Rule by ireke(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2011
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201108060365789

I think this sentence is rather harsh for the offence committed. The man may not be able to afford the fine and will end up in jail. It will cost the government a minimum of 50 thousand naira to take him through jail. After his jail term, he probably will have increased chances of going into crime due to joblessness and/or his new found friends from the prison. My summary is that the society is the loser when we have unnecessarily harsh sentences like these.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Pet Breeders In Lagos / I Think Seun Deserves This For His Birthday / I Want To Know The Meanin Of Fanta Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.