Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,479 members, 7,861,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! (543 Views)

Theme:the Risen Lord Also Calls Us By Our Names / He Is Risen! / Risen Ascended Glorified! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
Christianity a unique belief system? The fact that our founder,leader and Lord had the power to bring himself back to life. Jesus Christ beat death and did so for us as well.

People understand the concept of restoration. We restore antique furniture, vintage cars and Victorian houses. In a restoration , broken things get fixed and obsolete parts get updated. It entails bringing something back to its original condition. The Christian concept of resurrection goes further. The New Testament resurrection of Christ depicts Jesus as not only alive, but glorified. It was more than the mere re-animation of a corpse.

Resurrection is a crucial component of our faith. And while mystery cults and world religions allude to it , only Christianity has history on its side. The biblical worldview is unparalleled in its promise of a resurrected body for the believer, and Christianity is certainly distinct in that its founder alone Jesus Christ could and did enact His own resurrection. Jesus’s return after three days in the tomb is a vital,non-negotiable point of doctrine, because Jesus said before going to the cross that His resurrection would prove He was the Savior (Matt. 12:39-40; Rom. 1:4).

Both Christians and non-Christians may wonder how we can know for certain that Jesus rose from the dead. As with all of our questions, the Bible holds the answer. In 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, Paul said , For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than 500 of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living ( at that time ). Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also.

Paul points out in those verses that the most convincing argument for the veracity of Christ’s resurrection is that He was seen by hundreds of witnesses. Paul then goes on to pin the credibility of his ministry and of Christianity on that fact. He explains that , if Jesus Christ hadn’t been raised,Christian preaching, faith, testimony and eternal hope are all vain (literally,empty). With seamless logic, he reasons that , if Jesus is still dead, then Christians are to be pitied above any other group (1 Cor. 15:14-20).

Despite arguments and alternate theories from skeptics and doubters, one of the most compelling cases for the resurrection lies in the transformed lives of the disciples. Immediately after reporting seeing Jesus alive, these previously heartbroken,cowardly disciples turned into passionate messengers of the gospel. Nothing they experienced persecution, prison, imminent death got them to change their story or deny they had seen Jesus. Within a very short time, their consistent preaching that Jesus had conquered death would transform the world. Two initial doubters, James and Paul, became Christians some time after Jesus’ resurrection. What happened to change their minds? They each had encountered the living Christ.

Atheists, skeptics and determined unbelievers have spent centuries trying to explain away Jesus’ s resurrection. But attempts to refute all of the historical evidence have only made their theories increasingly complex and unbelievable. How much simpler it would be to accept the obvious conclusion: God, the One who created the universe and all of life, worked a miracle. Jesus came back to life under the power of God, just as He had promised.

http://www.alexmcfarland.com/Did-Jesus-Rise-from-the-Dead.html
Re: Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! by LagosShia: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
@frosbel

why do you have the attitude of a pros.titute?

whenever you are beaten in a topic,you jump up and spam the board to open a senseless thread to sing your praises for yourself.

come back here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-728478.0.html
Re: Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^^

You are a strange fellow.

I am not here to win arguments, but to state the truths and expose the works of darkness.

You should be careful , because it is possible that you could quite literally argue yourself into HELL !!

But this is not the will of GOD for you, turn from the power of SATAN  to the light of GOD in Christ Jesus !

Islamic debates are pitiful, in that they work towards wining debates, misstating truths and distorting facts.

Muslims also happily acknowledge celebrities that superficially become Muslims while living perverted life styles and hoping to be saved by some form of Muhammadistc magic.

Remember Islam might be growing, but this is not necessarily a good sign, for with Yahweh , majority is mostly wrong. Of course you believe in NOAH , during his time ONLY 8 people were saved among millions.

But we Christians are thankful to GOD, because Jesus said WE shall know the truth and the truth shall set us Free.

One thing is certain, there is no TRUTH IN ISLAM !

Again a reminder, most of my articles are for the gullible ( those who could be mislead by your lies ), the lukewarm Christians, repentant Muslims , captives of the prosperity gospel and followers of false prophets.

Ultimately the goal is the SALVATION of their SOULS and not the winning of debates .

Please feel free to visit the web site posted on my profile for a thorough exposition and repudiation of ISLAM.

Thanks.
Re: Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! by LagosShia: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

You are a strange fellow.

I am not here to win arguments, but to state the truths and expose the works of darkness.

You should be careful , because it is possible that you could quite literally argue yourself into HELL !!

But this is not the will of GOD for you, turn from the power of SATAN to the light of GOD in Christ Jesus !

Islamic debates are pitiful, in that they work towards wining debates, misstating truths and distorting facts.

try for once to stop being stu.pid.

i am not talking about "winning".when debating religion one can only be beaten with the truth.i'm talking of truth here.you are going in cycles.why would i talk about you being beaten if i believe you have the truth?i believe you are blind and sadly so deaf!

Muslims also happily acknowledge celebrities that superficially become Muslims while living perverted life styles and hoping to be saved by some form of Muhammadistc magic.
you see the double standard here?

muslims no doubt would be happy when people embrace islam because that is a sign of something good and hope that those coming into islam would adopt islamic values and morals.if those people keep on leading bad lifestyles they used to follow when they were christians,then God all the same will judge them and not us.

the double standard is,people and muslims in particular like myself or anyone is not judged by how good the lifestyle they lead or how many times they pray,fast and help people.christian fanatics like yourself still believe we are destined for hell no matter how much good we are or do if we dont accept the "MAGICAL BLOOD OF JESUS" which you believe in.

Remember Islam might be growing, but this is not necessarily a good sign, for with Yahweh , majority is mostly wrong. Of course you believe in NOAH , during his time ONLY 8 people were saved among millions.

But we Christians are thankful to GOD, because Jesus said WE shall know the truth and the truth shall set us Free.

One thing is certain, there is no TRUTH IN ISLAM !

Again a reminder, most of my articles are for the gullible ( those who could be mislead by your lies ), the lukewarm Christians, repentant Muslims , captives of the prosperity gospel and followers of false prophets.

Ultimately the goal is the SALVATION of their SOULS and not the winning of debates .

Please feel free to visit the web site posted on my profile for a thorough exposition and repudiation of ISLAM.

Thanks.

you are too small,insignificant and blind to think the above wishful thinking!
Re: Jesus Risen , Christianity Unique ! by omoalaro: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
RESURRECTION OR RESUSCITATION?

Jesus returned to the upper room after his alleged crucifixion 'and saith unto them, his (disciples), Peace be unto you' (Luke 24:36) and his disciples were terrified on recognising him? "Why should they be terrified?" When one recognises one's long-lost friend or one's beloved, the natural reaction is to feel overjoyed, elated and one wants to embrace and kiss the hands and feet of the beloved. Why did they get terrified?"

It is because the disciples of Jesus were not EYE-witnesses or EAR-witnesses to the actual happenings of the previous three days, as Vouched for by St.Mark who says that at the most critical juncture in the life of Jesus, "they all forsook him and fled." (Mark 14:50). All the knowledge of the disciples regarding their Master was from hearsay. They had heard that their master was HANGED ON THE CROSS; they had heard that he had GIVEN UP THE GHOST; they had heard that he was DEAD AND BURIED FOR THREE DAYS. If one is confronted by a person with such a reputation then the conclusion is inescapable; they must be seeing A GHOST. Little wonder these ten brave men were petrified."

"To disabuse their minds from the fear that gripped them, Jesus reasoned with them. He said, 'Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:' to put it in colloquial English, this is how he told them: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FELLOWS, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I AM THE SAME PERSON - who walked and talked with you, broke bread with you - flesh and blood in all respects.
Why do doubts enter your minds? 'Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones as you see me have.' (Luke 24:39). In other words he is telling them: If I have FLESH and BONES, then I am not a GHOST, not a SPOOK and not a SPIRIT!” Jesus is telling them, as recorded in this verse, in Basic English, that what the disciples were asked to HANDLE AND SEE' was not a translated body, not a metamorphosed body and not a resurrected body, because a RESURRECTED body is a SPIRITUALISED body. He is telling them in the clearest language humanly possible that he is NOT what they were thinking. They were thinking that he was a SPIRIT, a RESURRECTED body, one having been brought back from the dead. He is most emphatic that HE IS NOT!"

To assure them further after having offered his hands and feet for inspection and verification that his was a material, physical body, and that all their bewilderment and disbelief was unjustified, he asked his disciples: "Have you here any meat?" (Meaning something to eat). 'And they gave him a piece of broiled fish and of a honeycomb, and he took it, and did eat before them.'(Luke 24:41-43)

A DRAMA?
What was Jesus trying to prove by all his demonstrations of wanting his hands and feet to be handled and chewing and masticating broiled
fish and honeycomb?

Was all this a pretence, make-belief, an act or drama? "NO!" Said Schleliermacher in 1819, Albert Schweizer records him saying, "IF CHRIST HAD ONLY EATEN TO SHOW THAT HE COULD EAT, WHILE HE REALLY HAD NO NEED OF NOURISHMENT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A PRETENCE _ SOMETHING DOCETIC."("In Quest of the Historical Jesus," page 64).

(1) (Reply)

Women Programme / Uk Aid Threat To Anti-Man-Lover Nations / Jesus Is Lord!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.