Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

UK Or Portugal? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or Portugal? (1368 Views)

Can 3million Naira Take Someone To Germany Or Portugal Prove Of Fund Aside? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Or Portugal? by olabisi99(f): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hello everyone, so there is a decision we are trying to make for a sister of mine who wants to study as an undergraduate but stuck between choosing either Portugal or United Kingdom. The main issue is after study, where there is High chance of her getting jobs, residency, or even ability to migrate to any other country. People in the house, which do you think she can go for between these two countries?
Re: UK Or Portugal? by rickpat(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
anywhere provided it's not NIGERIA... hahahaha...

seriously now,she should go to UK...easier to get jobs and UK now allow stay for students after schooling...that is changing your tier4 visa(student visa) to tier2(sponsored work permit).....and lastly she cannot easily get jobs in Portugal except she can speak Portuguese...so language barrier is a big issue.... UK is better...goodluck to your sister

3 Likes

Re: UK Or Portugal? by wittywriter: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
olabisi99:
Hello everyone, so there is a decision we are trying to make for a sister of mine who wants to study as an undergraduate but stuck between choosing either Portugal or United Kingdom. The main issue is after study, where there is High chance of her getting jobs, residency, or even ability to migrate to any other country. People in the house, which do you think she can go for between these two countries?

UK is home to Nigeria do if she comes back she'll get a job....but I think you peeps should trouble more on the kind of course or profession she should go into....any Tech related undergraduate course in any of the two countries is ok.

Migrating to either of the two countries is almost same cost but I'm sure there'll be more scholarship programs in Portugal.

I attached some useful info as sent by my link in Portugal....you can drop your Whatsapp for further details ....

©Wittyness

1 Like

Re: UK Or Portugal? by ednut1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
why not go to a private uni in Nigeria, then she goes for masters abroad after working like a year. undergraduate is expensive abroad plus no work experience. it will be hard to get reasonable jobs that would want to sponsor work visa with no proven work experience .

5 Likes

Re: UK Or Portugal? by Gerrard59(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
rickpat:
anywhere provided it's not NIGERIA... hahahaha...

seriously now,she should go to UK...easier to get jobs and UK now allow stay for students after schooling...that is changing your tier4 visa(student visa) to tier2(sponsored work permit).....and lastly she cannot easily get jobs in Portugal except she can speak Portuguese...so language barrier is a big issue.... UK is better...goodluck to your sister

You think sponsoring someone for an undergraduate degree is the same thing as postgraduate studies? undecided
Re: UK Or Portugal? by Gerrard59(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
olabisi99:

Send her to Covenant or that private university in Okada, Edo state if her brain no carry. There are many private universities in Nigeria these days. Undergraduate education abroad is very expensive, and I doubt she would see courses taught in English in good Portuguese universities.
Re: UK Or Portugal? by ednut1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Gerrard59:

You think sponsoring someone for an undergraduate degree is the same thing as postgraduate studies? kiss
i don’t understand how people reason in this Nigeria. There are many of them in usa and Canada opening go fund me for us to come contribute for their tuition. You hear things like my parents are currently undergoing financial hardship bla bla bla. Foreign education is expensive.Try go for courses like pgd or msc that you can pay once. Then you hustle for living expenses. Unless person papa na politician or extremely rich avoid undergrad in those top tier nations abroad o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Or Portugal? by BigDawsNet: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
olabisi99:

Large numbers of international students are flooding the UK... too many competition for her after graduate

Let her focus on Portugal je je

Just know UK can be pretty easy if docs and every every is completed. ..

No idea about Portugal study visa rate

Jobs in Portugal is similar with the other EU countries for international students... she will hav to hope on it... no assurance anywhere... the deal is... study and return

(1) (Reply)

British Airways Just Made Me Throw Up! / Sweden Visa / Canada,uk,sweden,turkey Student And Visiting Visas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.