Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Who Are You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You? (215 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You? by AbundantLife05: 6:10am On Aug 21, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
WHO ARE YOU? Acts 9:1-5
Meanwhile, Saul was uttering threats with every breath and was eager to kill the Lord’s followers. So he went to the high priest. [2]He requested letters addressed to the synagogues in Damascus, asking for their cooperation in the arrest of any followers of the Way he found there. He wanted to bring them—both men and women—back to Jerusalem in chains. [3]As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. [4]He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me” [5]“Who are you, lord?” Saul asked. And the voice replied, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting! NLT.

Who are you is a question asked to have knowledge about someone’s identity. It means you do not know who the person is or you want to know more about the person because what you know about the person is not enough. Also when you ask the question Paul asked Jesus in our text; Who are you, Lord? It means the moment there is a connection with Jesus, you get to know that you have met the powerful one, the God of the universe as he will leave that impression on you.

However, there will be something missing which is that you are yet to know him on a personal note and that will prompt the question we are talking about as you want to know him more. God revealing himself to people is one of the ways he uses in getting their attention in order to save them from their sins. Jesus did this with the samaritan woman in John 4:1-30, he started by asking the woman for water and he went further to talk about the living water before he revealed one or two things about the woman which convinced her that she was talking to a prophet and the event was patterned in a way that she believed Jesus was the messiah and she went out to call other people to see him.

The curiosity that God builds in the mind of people to lead them to salvation continues after they have been saved when they begin to serve God. He will keep on revealing himself to you as you walk with him. These are the ways God reveals himself to people:

1. By saving you: Hebrews 7:24-25
But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. [25]Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. NLT.

The reason Jesus came into the world is to save souls from hell and give us eternal life.

2. By showing us that he is merciful: 1 Timothy 1:15-16
This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. [16]But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. NLT.

Despite all that Paul did, God did not just save him, he used him mightily for his purpose to show how merciful he is.

3. By showing us his power: Philippians 3:10-11
I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, [11]so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! NLT.

The power that raised Jesus from the dead is the creative force of creation. It is the might of God that can do all things and bring all things to existence. This is the power God has in store for us through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This power is the one that will raise us up and make us reign with God.

4. By showing us that he can break the power of sin: Colossians 3:3-5
For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. [4]And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. [5]So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. NLT.

The power of sin is rendered useless over the lives of God’s children because they live in Christ Jesus. They now have power to say no to sin.

5. He is the soon coming King: Revelation 22:12
[12]“Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. NLT.

No matter what people say, Jesus is coming back to reward everyone according to the works of their hands. The fact that he has not come is a chance for you to repent and turn to him. 2 Peter 3:9-10: The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. [10]But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. NLT.

Therefore, if you are yet to surrender to him, I implore that you do so today by saying this prayer with all of your hearts; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Allah Has An Allah That He Worships In The Quran. Who Is That Allah Above Allah? / Pastor Osibanjo Address Americans From The White House(video) / Epignosis (bible Interpretation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.