Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? (1341 Views)

Poll: Who is winning it?

Cristiano ronaldo: 33% (2 votes)
Lionel Messi: 50% (3 votes)
Xavi Hernandez: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by mamagee3(f): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2011
The Candidates are Cristiano ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Xavi.

Who's winning this one?
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by Mcleo007(m): 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
Guess the question should be, who and who will not win the award? grin
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by medjai(m): 6:07am On Aug 07, 2011
Mcleo007:

Guess the question should be, who and who will not win the award? grin
cheesy nice
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by medjai(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2011
Easily Messi, there isn't even a contest. However, this award isn't the main one. It's all about the Ballon d'Or!

Ronaldo scored a lot of goals last season, but I've never personally judged a player soley on goals stats. It's what they can do in big games, the varieties of goals in which they score and what they can do in games when they don't score. I also look at the playmaking abilities of a player and their work rate and if they can single handedly change games or not. For this, Messi is quite a bit ahead, he performed in the final, he performed in more or less every classico and on top of that he made some wonderful assists along with scoring alot of goals. 
Ronaldo on the otherhand scored 25% of his goals when the season was at it's dead end and everything was decided. All the teams Madrid played at this point like Villarreal and Almeria already had their fates decided in the league. Villarreal, for example, couldn't move up nor down the table so I doubt they took the game seriously, whereas Almeria were already relegated, etc. Apart from scoring a header in the CDR final, he was a major disappointment in all the clasicos and did basically nothing. I personally don't think scoring a header alone makes a good performance either. The goal was just as much about Di Marias wonderful cross. Ronaldo also scored more penalties than anyone in the league and also more tap-ins. Goal stats alone don't make a player "inferior" to another. When breaking down everything, there is only 1 winner and that is La pulga.

I can see it going like this:

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi
but I'd rather it went like this:

1. Messi/Xavi
2. Xavi/Messi
3. Ronaldo.
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by Mcleo007(m): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2011
medjai:

Easily Messi, there isn't even a contest. However, this award isn't the main one. It's all about the Ballon d'Or!

Ronaldo scored a lot of goals last season, but I've never personally judged a player soley on goals stats. It's what they can do in big games, the varieties of goals in which they score and what they can do in games when they don't score. I also look at the playmaking abilities of a player and their work rate and if they can single handedly change games or not. For this, Messi is quite a bit ahead, he performed in the final, he performed in more or less every classico and on top of that he made some wonderful assists along with scoring alot of goals. 
Ronaldo on the otherhand scored 25% of his goals when the season was at it's dead end and everything was decided. All the teams Madrid played at this point like Villarreal and Almeria already had their fates decided in the league. Villarreal, for example, couldn't move up nor down the table so I doubt they took the game seriously, whereas Almeria were already relegated, etc. Apart from scoring a header in the CDR final, he was a major disappointment in all the clasicos and did basically nothing. I personally don't think scoring a header alone makes a good performance either. The goal was just as much about Di Marias wonderful cross. Ronaldo also scored more penalties than anyone in the league and also more tap-ins. Goal stats alone don't make a player "inferior" to another. When breaking down everything, there is only 1 winner and that is La pulga.

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi

1. Messi/Xavi
2. Xavi/Messi
3. Ronaldo.
in more or less every classico and on top of that he made some wonderful assists along with scoring alot of goals. 

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi

1. Messi/Xavi
2. Xavi/Messi
3. Ronaldo.

On point! Messi provided more assists than the total of xavi, iniesta and ronaldo.
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by montelik(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
Why aren't peeps like Vidic included in your shortlist? Are we cursed to forever see forwards and wingers dominating.
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by mamagee3(f): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2011
^^Why should Vidic be included in the shortlist when players like Iniesta didn't even make it to the top three. . .

Please, let's just concentrate on the three contenders.
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
Of course Messi.
I cannot see a contest here either. Lol!
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by eyoniggar(m): 6:42am On Aug 14, 2011
The EVIL 1 mama-gee knows the winner, she just love to lick C-ororos Boot opening meaningless threads
such as this. Shior!!
Re: Who Should Win Uefa Best Player In Europe 2010-2011 Award? by mamagee3(f): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^Ronaldo is winning the award, .

Just accept it already. tongue

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Sleep Because Of Real Madrid.Help!!! / UCL: Round Of 16 Draw Champions League Draw On Monday Dec 11 @ 12:00pm / History Behind Arsenal Aaron Ramsey Goal Scoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.