Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Super Sub Fati Helps Barca Get Past Real Sociedad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Sub Fati Helps Barca Get Past Real Sociedad (152 Views)

Ansu Fati Becomes Youngest Goalscorer In UCL History At 17 Years / Wonderkid Fati: From African Suburb To Barcelona's Camp Nou / Super-sub, Victor Osimhen Prove His Class As He Scores Two Wonderful Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Sub Fati Helps Barca Get Past Real Sociedad by plethora007: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
The 75-year-old, who ended Australia's 32-year World Cup exile by steering them to the 2006 tournament where they reached the last 16, will work alongside coach Graham Arnold for their clash against New Zealand at Brisbane on September 22.

"I am very delighted to go there (to Australia) because every now and then when I talk about my career with people, I always highlight my experience with the Socceroos," said Hiddink, who will come out of retirement.

ADVERTISING

"This is one chapter in my career which gave me a lot of energy. I met very kind people and very open-minded people, which I liked very much."

He will help out in the absence of Arnold's regular right-hand man Rene Meulensteen, who will be in Europe to scout two of Australia's Group D opponents, France and Denmark.

Arnold, who was one of Hiddink's assistants at the 2006 World Cup, said he believed his presence would inspire and motivate the squad.

"Guus is a great storyteller, so I can't wait to see the effect he has on this current generation of Australian players," he said.

"Many of our boys know of his feats and achievements internationally but have never had the opportunity to meet him."

In addition to two interim stints as Chelsea manager, Hiddink also coached Real Madrid, PSV Eindhoven and Valencia, along with the Netherlands, Russia, and Turkey.

But he is perhaps best-known for inspiring co-hosts South Korea to a shock semi-final spot at the 2002 World Cup. The World Cup begins in Qatar on November 20.

(1) (Reply)

Sport Betting At Its Best. / Special Tips / 1xbet Is The New Official Regional Partner Of LOSC Lille

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.