Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,751 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin (1342 Views)

Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? / Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by Khafsun: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Good afternoon people,
Please I need your help urgently. I'm traveling to the UK with student visa but I am having a stopover of about 7hrs at Dublin. Please do I need a transit visa.

Thanks a lot as you help.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Khafsun:
Good afternoon people,
Please I need your help urgently. I'm traveling to the UK with student visa but I am having a stopover of about 7hrs at Dublin. Please do I need a transit visa.

you do. I also booked a flight from Canada to uk with dublin stop over. Wasn’t allowed to board due to transit visa. I had to buy another ticket at the airport. Lost my money o. Avoid that route

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by gforce5: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
OP, yes you need a transit visa to travel to any country that your country does not a have a visa free agreement with. If you are traveling to any country, it is advisable to check their Embassy website for information regarding their visa policies. Also a student visa is different from a transit visa. A student visa only gives you permission to travel to the country you intend to undertake your studies. It doesn't allow you travel to other countries via transit. That's what a transit visa is for.
Khafsun:
Good afternoon people,

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by Khafsun: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
gforce5:
OP, yes you need a transit visa to travel to any country that your country does not a have a visa free agreement with. If you are traveling to any country, it is advisable to check their Embassy website for information regarding their visa policies. Also a student visa is different from a transit visa. A student visa only gives you permission to travel to the country you intend to undertake your studies. It doesn't allow you travel to other countries via transit. That's what a transit visa is for.
ednut1:
you do. I also booked a flight from Canada to uk with dublin stop over. Wasn’t allowed to board due to transit visa. I had to buy another ticket at the airport. Lost my money o. Avoid that route
Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by Aizenosa(m): 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
If you just book the flight today sharply apply for refund. the airline should have a 24hrs refund policy.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by Khafsun: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2022
debow11
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by artworks1: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
The airline is supposed to know this.
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by seunny4lif(m): 12:47am On Aug 28, 2022
Nigeria passport holders need transit visa to use Dublin airport unless they have Permanent resident of EU etc but Which airline is that, because most airline only have stopover in Ireland to refuel if the airline is going to USA or Canada.

Am surprised an airline travelling to UK from Nigeria will have stopover in Ireland shocked and 7hrs for that matter when Dublin to Belfast is only 2 hrs by train and Bus without passport control on the way.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/at-the-border/transit-including-transfer-visa-advice/
Nigeria is among those countries that require transit visa

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by MonsieurVictor: 6:16am On Sep 30, 2022
ednut1:
which route should I take? Need advice
Re: Do I Need A Transit Visa Dublin by ednut1(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2022
MonsieurVictor:
which route should I take? Need advice
direct flight or those with transit in france, amsterdam, doha, cairo; Ethiopia etc

(1) (Reply)

Heroic Jamaican Man Didn't Insult His Country But Smashes Mexican Airport / Urgent Visa Questions: Submitting Next Week / Travel With Ease To Europe,america,canada,u.k,russia,ukraine,malaysia,egypt,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.