Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } (39862 Views)

'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) / I Only Robbed Yahoo Boys, Not Innocent People – Suspect (Photo) / Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by FullBlastLight: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect

The Katsina Police Command on Thursday said the 25-year-old man, Najib Shehu, who used a pestle to kill his stepmother last Thursday in katsina would be arraigned in court anytime from now.

The command’s spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, made the disclosure shortly after Shehu was paraded at the command’s headquarters, katsina.

Also displayed during the parade was the pestle that the suspect used in killing the 60- year old woman.

Shehu who spoke in Hausa and in altering English explained, “My name is Najib Shehu. I am 25-year-old and a 200-level Education Management student at the Federal University, Dutsin-ma.

I have been having issues with my stepmother. But on that day, Thursday, I had just observed prayers and returned to our house.

My father was sitting in the sitting room. Then, my stepmother entered holding a pestle and threatening me with it.

She raised the pestle up to hit my head but I defended it. Then she wanted to hit on my legs but being a footballer, I jumped up and dodged it. That one hit my father’s leg who was coming to intervene.

Again, my stepmother raised the pestle up and wanted to hit me on the head again and I pushed her, the development which made the pestle hit her on the head and caused her to fall down and died.

My mother is the first wife of my father and they are separated. I am however staying together with my father along with my stepmother at Ambassador Quarters, Katsina here. I regret my action as I did not want to commit the sin.”

The Command’s spokesman told journalists after the parade that Shehu would be arraigned in court immediately after the completion of the police investigation.

“You know it is a murder case and we must investigate thoroughly. We shall arraign him in court anytime from now immediately after the completion of our investigation,” Isah said.

A statement issued by the command on the incident added, “On 18, August 2022 at about 4 p.m, one Najib Shehu, 25, of Ambassador Quarters, Katsina, had a misunderstanding with his stepmother, Asiya Mohammed, 60 years of the same address.

He went to the kitchen, grabbed a pestle, hit her severally with it on her head and as a result of which she sustained head injuries and was confirmed dead by a medical doctor.

“In the spur of the moment, the suspect also hit his father severally with the said pestle on his leg and sustained a fracture in different places on his leg.

The suspect has been arrested and confessed to the commission of the offence. The said pestle has been recovered as an exhibit. An investigation is ongoing.”

Family sources said the father is currently on admission at a hospital in katsina, receiving treatment.

There was no official reaction yet from the Federal University, Dutsin-ma on Shehu’s claim that he was a student of the institution.

https://punchng.com/why-i-killed-my-step-mum-25-year-old-suspect/?amp

2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Shalommy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Una weldone!.. Chaii

1 Like

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Staphylococcus: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
He should get a good lawyer and will be free.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
accidental death, at best...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
One of the many disadvantages of polygamy . Before you fulfill your lustful desires as a man by going the polygamy route, you should also pause and think about it’s disadvantages. So sad

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
accidental death, at best...
But unfortunately he’ll be killed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Oxb90: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Step mothers and their wahala ...

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Rozross:
But unfortunately he’ll be killed

a good lawyer with a little bit of sense would get him off... as the father was supposedly witness to all that happened that day and was even injured by the woman.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

a good lawyer with a little bit of sense would get him off... as the father was supposedly witness to all that happened that day and was even injured by the woman.
The woman is violent and I pray the boy gets a fair judgement

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2022
Rozross:
The woman is violent and I pray the boy gets a fare judgement

he shouldnt even be arrested as the death was accidental.... i doubt he will go to jail.
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by elepeter: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2022
With a good lawyer and your father's testimony ,you will be fine

35 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

he shouldnt even be arrested as the death was accidental.... i doubt he will go to jail.
He should be arrested for involving in violence even though it was against his wish, but he should get a very light punishment . Men hardly reason the negative side of polygamy which obviously outweighs it’s advantages ( that’s if there’s any)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2022
Rozross:
He should be arrested for involving in violence even though it was against his wish, but he should get a very light punishment . Men hardly reason the negative side of polygamy which obviously outweighs it’s advantages ( that’s if there’s any)

i cant blame polygamy because A) not all polygamous marriage end up in misery and B) as both parents entered into it willfully, the child in question is just an outcome of this lifestyle... but most importantly, C) its obvious the mother's violent physical attack is whats to blame here.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Machalla(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hmm
Such is life.
RIP to the dead
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Achieverxoxo: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nobody deserves to take the life of another.its really painful.
Learn skill or upgrade on your job so you don't become a devil's workshop.
Let's shaa handle all your content and writing needs...

Do you need premium softwares like grammarly, quillbot and Canva pro and great online courses too.
I'm your best bet
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:53am On Aug 26, 2022
Why the blame
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Lamanii22(f): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2022
Polygamy is a compound filled with madness...

4 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2022
From the little knowledge of law. this is a case of back to the sender.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by fineberry(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
If you're familiar with 'Discovery ID' a cable channel...you will see how easy it will take to uncover the perpetrator of this murder.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by mbahdi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
D
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by oxygenlove(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin grin Oga said As a footballer wey him be oo..he jump up and dodge pestle,.. haha grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Sonnobax15(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
lipsrsealed
Some one up there has already spoken my mind and that's the disadvantages of polygamy and this is one among the numerous ones..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Civilianarmy: 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
Women ehhn.
Las las she don rest

1 Like

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Ishilove: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
My father was sitting in the sitting room. Then, my stepmother entered holding a pestle and threatening me with it.

“She raised the pestle up to hit my head but I defended it. Then she wanted to hit on my legs but being a footballer, I jumped up and dodged it. That one hit my father’s leg who was coming to intervene.

Again, my stepmother raised the pestle up and wanted to hit me on the head again and I pushed her, the development which made the pestle hit her on the head and caused her to fall down and died
Which kind of kindergarten lie is this bikonu?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by grandstar(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
I sense piled up anger and a loose temper.

Trying to prove you're no walkover does not make you a man but an actual walkover.

Okonkwo in "Things Fall Apart" wanted to escape his father's "efulefu" shadow and achieved this by always trying to over-compensate in his endeavors and which eventually led to his death. His father's shadow haunted him until it led him to commit suicide.

His father's shadow walked all over him.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by SensualMan: 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
This people and the other people that hunt graves... Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by Romanoff(f): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
To Pro polygamy people, over to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } by olu77(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

i cant blame polygamy because A) not all polygamous marriage end up in misery and B) as both parents entered into it willfully, the child in question is just an outcome of this lifestyle... but most importantly, C) its obvious the mother's violent physical attack is whats to blame here.

That's the boy's narrative to safe his neck until we hear from the father who witnessed it all. The dead step mother might be as gentle as a dove and this boy might just be a sycophant trying to manipulate his way to light sentence. This is another example of the danger of a one sided story

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

23-Year-Old Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death In London (Photo) / PHOTOS: Two Robbers Arrested In Abuja / Nigerian Woman Mourns Husband Killed By Kidnappers Despite Ransom Payment (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.