Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? (17491 Views)

Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy / Ruling On Eating Onion And Garlic / Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Lukgaf(m): 6:58am On Aug 26, 2022
Can we eat Turkeys and Domestic fowls?

No one can forbid you from eating Turkey (and Domestic fowls) if they are well-kept and slaughtered appropriately. If you are not the one who slaughtered it but you are sure that it was slaughtered in the name of Allaah for Allaah by a Muslim, it is permissible to eat it. Note the condition; it must be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for Allaah. It should not be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for a person. That is why we have to be watchful of the people who slaughter our animals. They (the lawful animals) must be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for Allaah. An animal can be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for an idol. Will you eat this kind of animal? No, you mustn’t eat it. An animal can be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for a Shaykh. Will you eat this kind of animal? No, you can’t. It must be slaughtered in the name of Allaah for Allaah. Allaah says, ‘Say, verily, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, Lord of the Worlds [Soorah al-‘An’aam (6):162].

But if your question is regarding the Turkeys and Domestic Fowls imported from foreign countries, our advice is that you do not eat them except if you are certain about those who slaughtered it. This is because the whites show no concern about the rights of the Muslims regarding this, especially in this Nigeria where the government does not make the importers know these conditions.

The Arabian Lands had conquered problems like this for long. Saudi Arabia conquered this to the extent that they have representative in factories other than their country that supervise and give conditions of the meats that can be shipped into their country. This is from the consumers right which the Muslims desire. We should seek this so that we would be sure of the conditions of whatever is imported in, otherwise we mustn’t eat it. This is because these non-Muslims kill animals in ways that are contrary to the teachings of Islaam, and their aim is to make the Muslims violate the laws of Islaam. That is why they have made many Muslim consume pigs unknowingly. They may kill animals by electrocuting them, and that is why many of their meats appear excessively reddish because they died with blood in them.
Also, many of their cows are killed by striking them with huge sticks. There is a documentary which shows how domestic fowls were killed by cutting their necks with bare mouth. You can imagine! Yet they send this to the people for eating. May Allaah save us from eating unlawful meat! That is it.

Besides, people (Muslims) who have poultry should buy turkey and breed them. You can kill them and package them for the Muslims. We would be at ease buying from you and you can distinguish your animals by writing halaal (permissible) on their packs after packaging. This will make people distinguish them from impermissible ones. I hope I have answered this question.
Answered by Dr Sharafuddeen Gbadebo Raji

[Source: Question and Answer session of the clip titled, "Explanation of Ma'aarijul Qabuul at Ibadan]
Translated by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2022
Allaah says, ‘Say, verily, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, Lord of the Worlds [Soorah al-‘An’aam (6):162].

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Amspecial: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin
Abeg make una no make me laugh mess
Because I no fit do another ablution before I comment o.
Since we all must swear before we comment

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by stoodida: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
Swearing day is upon us

Nonsense

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Jacksoncoke(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
My brothers & sisters, i need your help to enable me buy drugs for my mum pls. We've spent all funds on hospital bills already. Pls help us with 4k to buy drugs. The pains are unbearable.
Accessbank plc 1 2 2 8 0 8 9 5 9 0
Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Lukgaf:
Can we eat Turkeys and Domestic fowls?

Answered by Dr Sharafuddeen Gbadebo Raji

[Source: Question and Answer session of the clip titled, "Explanation of Ma'aarijul Qabuul at Ibadan]
Translated by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey
Let's say FG regulates the way they kill animals like how it's done in Saudi Arabia that the animals ll be slaughtered in the name of Allah. How do we Christians that doesn't share same faith or belief with Islam cope?
Christians aren't advocating for killing animals anyhow but when Qur'anic verses are read on animals before killing and you expect us to consume it, don't you think that's infringement of religious/human rights?
Lukgaf, how are you and how is the family?

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by barbstee(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
Jazakumullahu khayr

I think the way and manner of slaughtering is the main bone of contention.

May Allah safeguard us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Praktikals(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by barbstee(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
Sweetplum:

Let's say FG regulates the way they kill animals like how it's done in Saudi Arabia that the animals ll be slaughtered in the name of Allah. How do we Christians that doesn't share same faith or belief with Islam cope?
Christians aren't advocating for killing animals anyhow but when Qur'anic verses are read on animals before killing and you expect us to consume it, don't you think that's infringement of religious/human rights?

It's simple now they can just differentiate it.

However in my view it's the way and manner of slaughtering that matters most.

I think if it was well slaughtered but the name of Allah wasn't mentioned while slaughtering or we are not sure whether it was mentioned or not we can still eat it by mentioning the name of Allaah.

Wallahu a'alaam

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by FIRDAUS3(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
Islam is the way of Life.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
barbstee:

It's simple now they can just differentiate it.

However in my view it's the way and manner of slaughtering that matters most
How can it be differentiated?
Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by motayoayinde: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
JAZAAKALLAH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Sleekfingers: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
Na thunder go fire, the person, wey make accept to be a Muslim, before commenting..

That's why most jews, don't eat anyhow. They prefer to buy their meats from a Jewish butcher shop or store.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Quitam: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them." Q5:5. This quoted verse mentions that muslims can eat the food of ahl kitab. Or am I misinterpreting it?

7 Likes

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by divide9ja: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
Funny people.

haram this, haram that.

meanwhile blowing people up is accepted angry

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Sleekfingers: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
divide9ja:
Funny people.

haram this, haram that.

Blowing people up is part of their doctrine.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Fash20: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
Jazakallahu khairan. I think the government should encourage the importation of halal product.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Moneyboyz: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
What is your rulling on the Saudi Arabian slave trade in North africa, southeastern Africa and north Asia for over 1300 years before the British got a taste of it.

Do you know that the reason why slavery wasn't abolished until 1962 is because the Arabians refused to believe the idea that all men are created equal.

So take your black ass and go apologize to your ancestors whom you have vilified over the years that they are the reason behind your misfortunes.

You have no idea what they went through in the hands of Fulani Usman Dan Fodio before they accepted Islam you wanna die on today.

I pity the Hausa people the most cause they have lost their culture, the Fulani who are are scattered all over Africa deceived them and now they rule over them with their installed EMIR.

Where was their religion of peace when they were taking your ancestors as slaves?
The sad part is you all will kill your fellow black man for an Arabian god you don't fucking know.

Do you know that these Saudi people will cut off male slave penis so they won't be able to reproduce and rape the women so the males can see?
Most of these males commited suicide, when this happens they will come back to Africa and take more slaves to replenish the ones that died.

Even till today their wives don't work, they all have some black ass African in their homes working as a servant to clean up their mess while being paid peanuts.
Infact there was a case that made nairaland front page last year of how people in Kuwait are selling black women as domestic slaves on Facebook marketplace.

Africans needs to wake up.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by QuietHammer(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
Iku pa e

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
We’ve been getting that Jewish money, everything is Kosher

Get at it then we gon pray with the pastors scriptures
Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Fash20: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
divide9ja:
Funny people.

haram this, haram that.

When did we say or encourage that please. The sensible abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? by Fash20: 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Sweetplum:

No.. they would be some meats that would be for Muslims and the regular one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruling On Shaking Hands With Opposite Sex / Share Your Eid Pictures / For Husband And Wife: 17 Tips For A Happy Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.