Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder (32934 Views)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / Why Is Dangote still Wealthy After Committing Fornication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Interesting15: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2022
Last week, I wrote about why the average person is usually grieved after indulging in an illicit sexual activity that is against God's perfect Will. If you have read that post (you can do so here https://www.nairaland.com/7292060/why-feel-remorseful-after-certain, you will see these sexual blunders (sexual sins) highlighted.

Now, after committing a sexual sin, what is the next step?

1. If you are an unbeliever who is yet to have a good relationship with the LORD, you can take advantage of the mistake to build an intimate relationship with HIM. Don't forget that the reason the devil lured you into sexual sin is so you can ruin your life (John 10:10). However, you can partner with God to turn the evil plans of the devil away, by running to the LORD after your sin.

Although God is Holy, He loves sinners. When you commit a sexual sin (or any other type of sin), this is not a time to dwell in its dirt. Rather, you should run to the waiting Arms of Jesus, and He won't turn you away.

Anywhere you are, say this prayer with sincerity of heart:

LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.

2. If you are a believer already, but you made a mistake by indulging in sexual sin, here is what you should do.

First, you must sincerely approach the LORD and ask for mercy. Don't dwell in regrets and self condemnation. Scripture says: "being confident that though our sins are red like scarlet, He can always cleanse us completely if we turn to Him in sincerity."

Then you can now engage Galatians 4:7,8 for victory:

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded"

You should intentionally submit yourself under the Hand of the Holy Ghost. In other words, intentionally submitting yourself to the Holy Ghost's dealings, as touching this matter.

This is important for two major reasons:

A. One, so the Holy Ghost can prune you to eradicate that tendencies and lustful desire still lurking in you.

After that, the LORD will now give you instructions and consecrations that will become structures to ensure such won't happen again. Definitely, one of the immediate things the LORD will demand is that you should cut off from whatever made you fall in the first place. There are different other things the LORD will instruct you.

But these things won't happen if you won't first realistically and humbly put yourself down in submission to the Holy Ghost's dealings and pruning.

B. So the Holy Ghost will help you eradicate the evil seeds the devil would have taken advantage of to plant in your life.

You must understand that the sinful act is utilized by the devil to get access to drop negative stuff into your life. These negative seeds the devil has planted might not be obvious now, but is a time bomb waiting to explode.

Hence, after asking God for forgiveness, you should submit yourself intentionally to the hands of the Holy Ghost for wholesome purging.

Finally, from the conclusion of that scripture up there, it's obvious that you also have your role to play to gain complete victory over this issue... You must avoid people and places and things that can make you fall into sin.

If you need more directions, you can always reach out to me.

God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/08/the-next-step-to-take-after-committing.html?m=1

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Interesting15: 7:10am On Aug 28, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone. Jesus loves you. Amen

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Interesting15: 7:10am On Aug 28, 2022
lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2022
It's bad enough to sin against God...

It is worse not to be repentant and sorry about it.

That's where I believe Adam and Eve complicated matters further for themselves after they sinned against God.

Instead of being sorry and asking God for forgiveness, they were busy making silly excuses and apportioning blame to someone else.

Perhaps the story would have been much different from what it is today, and the punishment would have less severe or even reversed, since God is not willing for any sinner to perish but for all to come to repentance as He'd shown in several instances, as that of the people of the ancient city of Nineveh who repented.

But they didn't, and the rest as they say, is history.

May God help us not to fall into temptation, and also to be sincerely repentant whenever we did. in Jesus name!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2022
This is hilarious,you are indirectly telling us that we can sin as much as we want,all we have to do is to keep praying to God for forgiveness, haha.

What do you even mean by sexual sin?as far as I didn't rape a lady I see nothing wrong with having a good sex.

8 Likes

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2022
First of all,
What do the topic mean by a sexual blunder?

A scenario in which a person accidentally brushes up against another or touches a part of the body without intent to do so is more logical and imaginable than a scenario in which penetration happens "accidentally" or by blunder!!

Let's call a spade a spade and not an..............

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by crafteck(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Make una rest, laslas humans are just intelligent animals and not even the most intelligent on the average, na una go define god, define what he likes, what he hates, still twist his likes, hates, words and commandments to suit your ego and lifestyle... Rest.

11 Likes

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
This is hilarious,

What do you even mean by sexual sin?as far as I didn't rape a lady I see nothing wrong with having a good sex.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by BenjaminDomer: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author= post=116131118][/quote]
Don't quote me to vomit wetin no make sense, thanks.lol

1 Like

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Nwadu: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
As a growing realist... I have come to terms with the fact that the best reaction you can give to sexual temptation is to indulge it..

After that comes your freedom. It's now left for you to regret doing it or continue in it.

8 Likes

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Offpoint1: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
wink
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Eriggs: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Don't quote me to vomit wetin no make sense, thanks.lol
Lol grin
Dis one don dey jittery and don dey beg even before dem MANNA type.
Una dey always look left and right before una vomit any rubbish dis days, incase of gbasgbos from dem MANNA.
Dem MANNA : teaching some Nairalander MANNERS since 2015.
Carry go aunty MANNA,
Na u fit dem grin grin

@topic,
Say no to useless and anyhow fvck.
It only destroy your future and life generally.
I don talk my own o
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=Eriggs post=116131157][/quote]
With your alternate again?
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Gospelpreacher1: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Repentance is the key.
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Romanoff(f): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Repent, forgive yourself.

The biggest hurdle is forgiving yourself and not dwelling in the guilt. The devil uses the guilt to make people believe the sin is unforgivable that it says them up and keeps them prisoner to the sin.
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Eriggs: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

With your alternate again?
Your reply below
Gospelpreacher1:
Repentance is the key.
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Triangles1(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2022
If you truly love your spouse you can't cheet on he or her.
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by MrPRevailer(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2022
The U N, WEF 2030 agenda, The great Reset is coming, I.e One world financial system and government, 666 forceful compliance

Means the rapture is near.

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by oluwaseyi0: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2022
crafteck:
Make una rest, laslas humans are just intelligent animals and not even the most intelligent on the average, na una go define god, define what he likes, what he hates, still twist his likes, hates, words and commandments to suit your ego and lifestyle... Rest.

You deserve a medal

2 Likes

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2022
Eriggs:

Lol grin
Dis one don dey jittery and don dey beg even before dem MANNA type.
Una dey always look left and right before una vomit any rubbish dis days, incase of gbasgbos from dem MANNA.
Dem MANNA : teaching some Nairalander MANNERS since 2015.

Carry go aunty MANNA,
Na u fit dem grin grin
Everyone knows this is your alternate,lol.

2 Likes

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by BabaAgba79(m): 9:52am On Aug 28, 2022
Interesting15:
Last week, I wrote about why the average person is usually grieved after indulging in an illicit sexual activity that is against God's perfect Will. If you have read that post (you can do so here https://www.nairaland.com/7292060/why-feel-remorseful-after-certain, you will see these sexual blunders (sexual sins) highlighted.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/08/the-next-step-to-take-after-committing.html?m=1

Nothing can be more evil than demonizing sex or calling the act a sin! Pls, for humanity sake, sex is not evil or sinful and there is no justification for such in nature except in culture! Pls, only RAPE is evil! Engage in sex with sense because of STIs and make sure that there is an agreement btw u and ur partner b4 having sex! Pls sex is not a SIN and it is no evil.

1 Like

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Jayjayjohnson(m): 9:52am On Aug 28, 2022
Na hell some of this motivatinal speakers wey dey form pastors go end ... Stop twisting God words again.. Let God judge everyone according to His Infinite mercy...
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by kennyz247(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2022
ask for forgiveness
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Eriggs: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Everyone knows this is your alternate,lol.
Mufaki Mufa, repent, thr kingdom of God is at hand.
I don tell u my own oo
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Okortor: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2022
God have mercy on us, we are all sinners.
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by crafteck(m): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

You deserve a medal

This shit, tribalism and racism are the jeys 2 our downfall, people benefitting from it would never admit... Just like nysc grin
Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by phemmyfour: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
This is hilarious,you are indirectly telling us that we can sin as much as we want,all we have to do is to keep praying to God for forgiveness, haha.

Sex outside the confines of marriage is a sin.

He's not encouraging you to sin. The thread is a sequel to what he gave us last week. Ye hypocrite wants to have good sex but not ready to get married. The thread is for a genuine repentant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder by Ancecoker(m): 9:56am On Aug 28, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN / Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Smoke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.