Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,174 members, 7,860,221 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? (295 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by reececlark(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2022
As Christians we've been taught that a closed mouth is a closed DESTINY and scriptures confirms it that death and life are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21). Also salvation is professed with the mouth (Rom. 10:10), even God our father created the world in 7days with just the words of his mouth. Now here's my question what if I pray in my mind and I don't speak the words with my mouth, is such prayer answerable by God. Happy Sunday
Re: Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by Dollarseeker: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2022
reececlark:
As Christians we've been taught that a closed mouth is a closed DESTINY and scriptures confirms it that death and life are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21). Also salvation is professed with the mouth (Rom. 10:10), even God our father created the world in 7days with just the words of his mouth. Now here's my question what if I pray in my mind and I don't speak the words with my mouth, is such prayer answerable by God. Happy Sunday
Yes God answers prayers of the mind.

The problem is wrong preaching from pastors. this statement is wrong "A closed mouth is a closed destiny". this fake statement and the propagation of it, has been the confusion to Christians especially Christians that don't read their bible or follow whatever their pastor says even without making their own research.

read more about mind prayer here https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/can-you-pray-in-your-head.html
Re: Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by derecho(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2022
We sang this hymn as kids

Prayer is the soul's sincere desire
Uttered or unexpressed
The motion of a hidden fire
That trembles in the breast

Prayer is the burden of a sigh
The falling of a tear
The upward glancing of an eye
When none but God is near

Prayer is the simplest form of speech
That infant lips can try
Prayer, the sublimest strains that reach
The Majesty on high

Prayer is the Christian's vital breath
The Christian's native air
His watchword at the gates of death
He enters heav'n with prayer

Prayer is the contrite sinner's voice
Returning from his ways
While angels in their songs rejoice
And cry, "Behold! He prays!"

Nor prayer is made on earth alone
The Holy Spirit pleads
And Jesus at the Father's throne
For sinners intercedes

O thou by whom we come to God
The Life, the Truth, the Way
The path of prayer thyself hast trod
Lord, teach us how to pray

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by Jokerman(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2022
Yes he does. Actually God looks into the heart more than physical appearance

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
reececlark:
According to Jesus Christ, the only kind of prayer that God answers are those said in private ...
5 “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6 But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.
7 “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
8 Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 So this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, we pray that your name will always be kept holy.
10 We pray that your kingdom will come— that what you want will be done here on earth, the same as in heaven.
11 Give us the food we need for today.
12 Forgive our sins, just as we have forgiven those who did wrong to us.
13 Don’t let us be tempted, but save us from the Evil One.’
14 Yes, if you forgive others for the wrongs they do to you, then your Father in heaven will also forgive your wrongs.
15 But if you don’t forgive others, then your Father in heaven will not forgive the wrongs you do. - Matthew 6 vs 5 - 15
God does not answer loud prayers said at the hearing of others, neither does He answer prayers said in public. Following that, one's mind may seem a private enough place to say one's prayers but still it remains best to pray secretly where no one can see or hear one - location-wise. undecided
Re: Does God Answer Prayers Of The MIND? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
reececlark:

As long as you have qualified for your prayers to be heard by God in the first place!

(1) (Reply)

I Will Leave! / Prayer To Lucifer. / How Prophet Kingsley Gave Prophetic Warning On Late Lagos Lawmaker, Organises 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.