Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' (21732 Views)

Man Murders His Girlfriend In Oghara, Delta Over 'Infidelity' (Graphic Photos) / NDLEA Intercepts 1.6 Kilograms Of Controlled Drugs En-route Turkey / Yahoo Boys Fight Dirty In Delta Over Pick Up Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by nlfpmod: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2022
As shared by a Twitter user, Nneji Henry:

I've never had a cause to talk so bitterly against the Nigerian police but for today.

I'm a medical doctor travelling from Edo state to onitsha, I was stopped by this group of Nigerian police, got my baggage searched and they saw some medicines I'm currently on. Funny enough I was the one who innocently opened the drug pocket to them. Police immediately tagged my medicines as controlled drugs and requested I paid 100k to bail myself.

I tried calling my consultants and our resident doctors association but had my phone seized.

We were in the middle of no where, they brought out handcuffs and brought the threat game on. The head of the "gang" said nobody was coming to save me from here. These guys finally made away with my money 50,000.00 cash.

Today, I developed extreme hatred for a country I call mine because of the elements we have as security agents.

Pls @PoliceNG , you have to locate these group of criminals and retrain them.
Location is: idumukpoko junction Delta state.

https://twitter.com/nneji_henry/status/1563858838683623426

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by libertyfather(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mad men, they knw how to manipulate issue like ur real criminal, the day it happens to me they keep taking me from one oga office to an other like i rob a bank, all is just to scare you so one will part with large amount of money in the name of bail

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by God1000(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nigerian police needs to weed out bad elements among them.

No doubt we have a very corrupt police force, but I've used them to settle so many issues, I can't totally condemn them

They will ask you to pay between 1-2k before they will follow you to arrest the person.

I've walked into army barracks many times as well and soldiers never asked me for kobo before doing what I ask them to do

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by slawomir: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Police....very anyhow people....I nor go even wish any of my niggar to join that force....the day him go join na that day I go do away with am shaperly

Despite orders from above say make them nor dey search phone again

Some officers be want still check my phone inside may this year for lagos

I hold my ground...although wetin make me fit still hold my ground na because say na place way people for many....if na inside forest or express way ehnnn...them for change am for me

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by obyrich(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
Waiting for the scores.
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Prettylima(f): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
When are we going to get it right in this country kindly heck my signature we produce all kinds of packaging cartons

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by noble71(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
shocked
They will be dealt with appropriately. The new IGP doesn't take nonsense.

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.

16 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by NwaNimo1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Armed Robbers.......

[img]https://giffiles./216/216347.gif[/img]
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by bestman09(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
shocked
They don't hear. Bad eggs everywhere.

Nigerian police can never be your friend.

Las Las, they will say that village people are after them when they eat the breakfast that's been prepared for them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Livingod: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nigerian police again
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by VeryWickedMan: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is why I always hide mine inside spare tyre

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Cryomancer: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
There we go again....

The worst police force in the world.... They are never in the news for anything good.

They always end up miserable and neither of their kids always make it in life due to the atrocities they have committed while in service..

I'll rather save a hundred robbers before even considering saving the life of a Nigerian policeman.

Miserable death to them all....

6 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Pwettylinda(f): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
Police won't change

2 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by DFERENCE: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Police sef na doctors, they can surgically implant evidence

7 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Bigfish121(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Na only God go help us against all these police officers.

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Cmanforall: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
nlfpmod:

Japa

Which drug was that?

I guess an analgesic?

Unfortunately those policemen may not be well enlightened to know opioids are still medically used and needed, until they are in a situation where they will be begging for it.

If you are able to get a name or some number of any of those officers, please let us know. You also have high ranking colleagues in the police force.

1 Like

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Conner44: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
Did this happen today? To catch them would be very easy.

Just ask the dpo of the station around there to observe his patrolling officers and see those that are ‘high’ during their end of shift parade in the evening

5 Likes

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Splitmind: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
The so called doctor is a bloody liar. The police will not search you unless you are guilty.

People from that region are known for dealing in drugs anyway.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Starships4u(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nigeria shaaaaaa....

Even from a doctor
Nigerian Police sef?
These people don't undergo trainings or what exactly

Why do we get all these reoccurring dirty attitudes from NPF staffers?
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Creamypie(m): 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
nlfpmod:

be specific.where is idumokpokpo junction? Or which town is it from beginning of deltebfrom alifekede to Onitsha with respect to express from Benin to Onitsha?
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by tabaralph: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
nlfpmod:

The corrupt cops will be fished out within the next 72hours and punish accordingly…
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by Cryomancer: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2022
Splitmind:
The so called doctor is a bloody liar. The police will not search you unless you are guilty.

People from that region are known for dealing in drugs anyway.
May you and your family fall victim of police brutality and extortion... And may onlookers and passerby say the same about you during and after you have been extorted. Amen

Since you have chosen to be insensitive because you aren't the victim...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by cblack247(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
Hungry Policemen.

I hope they are caught and punished for this
Re: Police Extort ₦50,000 From A Medical Doctor In Delta Over 'Controlled Drugs' by FreeStuffsNG: 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2022
cblack247:
Hungry Policemen.

I hope they are caught and punished for this
Unfortunately, like most Nigerian youths who comment online, most of you and other comments above are ignorant.

Controlled substances are not and should never be in the hands of medical doctors and non-Pharmacists to carry around. He is wrong and the police were right and should have prosecuted him but they went about it the wrong way.

Only licensed Pharmacists can be in stock of controlled substances in significant quantities because they are licensed by law , trained on how to handle them and have a poison register they keep that regulators monitor periodically for the well being of the public health . Just to dispose expired controlled substances alone must go through regulatory process and if not, those expired controlled substances will go back into circulation if you allow folks like him non-expert handling of controlled substances.

It is only an ignorant healthcare professional who does not know that a medical doctor's license does not cover his movement of controlled substances around. This is because he is not a drug expert, he does not know how best to store them and can be used as a conduit for moving fake controlled substances into the medicine distribution chain.

This is a lesson to non-Pharmacists not to be ignorant. The Nigerian police officers are not ignorant as you think o wink

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Rescue Missing AJU Student, Arrest Kidnappers In Cross River State / Man Chained His Son For 2 Months In Lagos / 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.