Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How To Search For Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Search For Job (340 Views)

5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Search For Job by chapwiz(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Last week, I posted how I got three jobs in oil and gas companies in two months. So many Nairalanders were congratulating me within that week, got over a fifty emails. some ask me how I did it and probably should give them some tips, and some were requesting me to send them those companies' info so they can apply. Now every one of them may have their reasons but I found some of those communications funny and unserious minded so I declined those requests not because I don't want help but because it is unprofessional. How can you be requesting I give you a company address or email so you can apply, if I may ask what are you applying for? What if you send your CV and nobody even open it let alone read it? You then wait in vain and maybe lost hope and confidence on yourself. though some will say they want shoot their shots which is good anyway. With my little experience on this sector, some of this big companies don't do recruiting by themselves except on exceptional cases they rather give the job to big recruiting and outsourcing firm but they will be represented on the interview. some of the recruiting fiemI will mention here.
For those I was able respond to their mails I gave them some tips and I come across some impressive CVs with good grades and some CVs despite having good grades or MSc it is as good as a JSS 3 resume I begin to ask myself how would someone who looking for good job submit this kind of CV? Remember your CV is first impression the employer will have about you, it can make employer doubt your quantification and even your competency.
So a good CV can make a way for you, another thing is how do see an advert of the kind of job you are wishing to get?
My best advice to anyone who wishes to get a job in oil and gas is to go online and network.
Open a LinkedIn account and have a good profile for those who have accounts already next step is to network with people, connect with people most especially people who are already in the field you wishing to get a job. Still on networking, follow HRs and Recruiters this is very key because they are the posters of job advertisement. now apart from HRs and Recruiters follow the these companies on LinkedIn, irecruiters, hoberkinternational, Philip consulting,
Also do your job search on the following site: hotnigeriansjobs.com, job gurus.ng, irecruiters.com, just to mention a few notes the above have given me series of interviews.
Let me stop here watch out for tips “HOW TO NAIL AN INTERVIEW” a tip that have work for me over seven times I will drop the tips by this weekend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Hiring... / Vacancy: Intern (coding Instructor/tutor) / Field Sales Officer (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.