Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

How To Teach Your Dog To Drop Items - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Teach Your Dog To Drop Items (228 Views)

How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) / How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive? Please Help. / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Teach Your Dog To Drop Items by africamediang(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Teaching your dog to drop items on command is a great way to establish yourself as the pack leader. Dogs are pack animals by nature, and they will be happier if they regard you as their leader. This is critical not only for relationship reasons, but also for safety. Your dog may pick up something dangerous that it should not ingest, or you may require it to drop something for another reason. It can also be enjoyable to teach this command!

Why is it necessary to teach your dog to drop objects?Teach
There are several reasons why you should teach this skill to your dog. These are:

1. It can help prevent choking or swallowing items that cause esophageal or gastrointestinal obstruction.

2. It keeps property from being damaged.

3. It prevents fights between dogs who want the same toy.

4. If your dog has something that he shouldn’t chew on, he might eat some of it. You can use the drop command to make him release the item so you can take it away from him before he eats it any further. This will not only prevent him from choking or swallowing something that could cause an intestinal blockage, but it will also save you a trip to the emergency veterinary clinic.

Read More>>>>https://petstudymedia.com/how-to-teach-your-dog-to-drop-items/

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Female Pitbull Puppy In Ilorin / I Need A Female Pitbull Pup In Ilorin / Facebook Group For Enugu Dog Breeders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.