Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground (4050 Views)

Poll: You find some cash on the floor... what do you do?

Leave it: 30% (40 votes)
Pick it: 42% (56 votes)
Alert people around: 20% (27 votes)
Tell the police (lol): 6% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

A Church Where The Pastor's Feet Doesnt Touch The Ground / Man Spotted Lying On The Ground In Victoria-Island Lagos (Photos) / Wow!!! See The Original Gold I Found In The Ground... I Can't Bliv It... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by kheme(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
ok, so you're walking out of a cafe after browsing the net for a while, and you kick something and notice is a small bundle of cash, about 100 bucks in total,  what do you do?

A. Leave it
B. Pick it
C. Alert the cafe owners about it
D. Tell the police (lol)

what would you do and why?

as for me oh, some people same "leave am" but me i say "if i leave am, then the next tom, Joystick or harry to come by go take 100 bucks rich pass me". so honestly, i'd pick it up in an obvious but coded manner, and hang around for a few mins to see if anyone comes looking for it or if anyone's monitoring me. if after a few mins, no one's looking for it,  i'd walk away with it.

happened very recently sef,  was going to the bank and found 80bucks on the floor. i picked it up immediately oh, but went in the bank waiting for someone looking for money they lost lol but one one came, until i was done at the bank. so i left.

what would you do
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by obowunmi(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2011
I once found a large sum of money on the floor --- looking back today, I wish I kept it. Doubt the real owner came to claim it.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by babyme1(f): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2011
Picked a small Ghana -must-go bag with close to a mill naira. There was a cell phone in it, kept it open till the owner called. Returned the cash and the guy was in shock for months.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by superior1: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
Will split saliva on my left palm thrice (make person no come turn goat) and pick the money with it fast fast grin grin grin
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by pereze: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2011
Incomplete option to select from.
E. Other( Specify),
Police should not be an option!!!!!
For me I will leave it rather than pick another person's problem!
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by 2goodbobo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
as for me, i will piss on it then look for cain and flog the money so that if bad spirit day am, e go disapear then after that,i will wear a leather
and pick the money then wash and dry it before spending.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by lexzybaba(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
i 4 leave am, buh naija hard, lolz
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by DAY12(m): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
baby.me:

Picked a small Ghana -must-go bag with close to a mill naira. There was a cell phone in it, kept it open till the owner called. Returned the cash and the guy was in shock for months.

Dat was ma money cheesy
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by Princek12(m): 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2011
I am sure some people would not pick up the money for fear that the money was jazzed and picking it up may make them turn into a cat or a dog.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by enomakos(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
Princek12:

I am sure some people would not pick up the money for fear that the money was jazzed and picking it up may make them turn into a cat or a dog.

very common in nigeria
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by b0dnel: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2011
100 bucks of what? certainly not Zimbabwean dollars??

If the money reach a Million dollars or pounds, then I go pick am, no pissing, no spiting rubbish, nobody fit jazz that kind money, my one jazz sef go pass that one, if na 1,000 naira then i leave am there
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by lafuria1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2011
if u cant find d owner, one shld try and donate it 2 charity. Nt easy if d money big sha but d best.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2011
will urinate on the cash so that i will not turn to anything
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by toyemz(f): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^

what?
what if its a public place?
you will urinate on it before picking it up?
na wa oh
serious flashing be that oh!
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by GoldCircle: 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
ZUBBYNWA:

you tookthose words outta my mouth! that's exactly what I'll do! i also ensure i pick it with my left hand! grin grin
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by Thatdave(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
i would return it to the cafe administrators telling them to HELP ME return it to the owner.

i have done that a million times and am very comfortable with it.

if i see some notes lying on the kerb by the road side , i leave it there hoping that the owner may come back and pick it. but if its a bundle (though never happened by the road side) i would return it to the any nearby shop telling them to HELP ME return it to anyone who can state the exact amount.

i have picked phones a million times, i have returned them all freely and THANKFULLY, and am damn comfortable with it.

every time ma sellers have mistakely ballanced me extra i return the extras imediately. if they get confused i help them go thru the whole calculation to help them prove that i was right.

i have done that a million times, and am so comfortable with, because thats the way i was brought up as a christian.

Jesus was killed because the people chose to spare a thief - barabas, instead of him.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by mallorca(m): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
nice post
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by osenzo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
found 100 bucks on d floor once, didnt pick it but later notice a guy watchin me n wen i left saw d guy pickin d money. Nw i dont knw if he's d owner or nt
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
omo, pick ur God Sent cash and move on, these days, blessings can come in various forms.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by denony(m): 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2011
Thatdave:

i would return it to the cafe administrators telling them to HELP ME return it to the owner.

if i see some notes lying on the kerb by the road side , i leave it there hoping that the owner may come back and pick it. but if its a bundle (though never happened by the road side) i would return it to the any nearby shop telling them to HELP ME return it to anyone who can state the exact amount.

i have picked phones a million times, i have returned them all freely and THANKFULLY, and am damn comfortable with it.

every time ma sellers have mistakely ballanced me extra i return the extras imediately. if they get confused i help them go thru the whole calculation to help them prove that i was right.

i have done that a million times, and am so comfortable with, because thats the way i was brought up as a christian.

Jesus was killed because the people chose to spare a thief - barabas, instead of him.

Is this a Poem or what?
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by Sike(m): 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
Without Thinking Twice. . . Palm it like a Goal keeper
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by kokoye(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
pee around it and . . . well, you know. wink
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by donjon: 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
Back in d days, i no send any evil spirit! But now, i have to be a big boy - if not
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by kingsrod: 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
I will thank God for the daily bread and blessing in disguise, I will pick it up and look around if breeze blew the remaining away, jazz nor fit work for ma head
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by wittyguy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
I go pick the money sharply sharply, if its in millions oo, even if i turn to goat in the process i no mind ateat its worth the effort nw smiley
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by adetunrayo(f): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
I wont pick it, but I would rather notify people around if their are.

what comes around goes around you know. By so doing, yours might b return too.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by nigerhead(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
grin grin grin , Nigerians and Jazz , grin grin grin see different tactics for picking up money.

Well, for me it all depends, if its dem 5 - 1000 Naira range, I go just waka pass, like say I no see am. If na Ghana-must-go-bag of money, I will see if there is a way of identifying the owner. Giving the money to the Police, is gon be a last resort. I no fit use my church mind give those Men-In-Black anything, or even near their station. I fit just leave the money for there instead of going to meet the police.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by iice(f): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2011
Lmao at turn to goat/yam/something.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by comechop(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
Thatdave:

LOL at a million times.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by johnshagb(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2011
GoldCircle:

you tookthose words outta my mouth! that's exactly what I'll do! i also ensure i pick it with my left hand! grin grin
Thatdave:

i have done that a[b] million[/b] times and am very comfortable with it.

i have done that a [b]million [/b]times, and am so comfortable with, because thats the way i was brought up as a christian.

you like million no be small. so you don pick money for ground a million times? you got me laughing my b.utt off.
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by Tolulop001(f): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2011
kingsrod:

I will thank God for the daily bread and blessing in disguise, I will pick it up and look around if breeze blew the remaining away, jazz nor fit work for ma head

LMAO!!!
Re: Finder's Keeper's: Finding Cash On The Ground by ifyalways(f): 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
LOL @ Thread.

As a kid,I remember picking N850,gave it to the maiguard and aboki claimed it was his . . .although i picked it like 5 miles away from our house. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That I've Got Your.... / Poverty Rises In Europe (pics) / President Goodluck Jonathan Vs Pastor Adeboye Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.