Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

A Competent Gearbox Mechanic In Benin City - Gearbox Mechanic Please Advise Me - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Competent Gearbox Mechanic In Benin City - Gearbox Mechanic Please Advise Me (388 Views)

Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures / Automatic Gearbox Doctor; Before Replacing Your Gearbox Contact Us Now / Honda City Gearbox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Competent Gearbox Mechanic In Benin City - Gearbox Mechanic Please Advise Me by kontrieman: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Gurus in the House, I salute all. Please, I need your guidance

I use a 2001 Honda Civic with Automatic Transmission. I changed my shaft on Thursday, and after some minutes of test-driving, I noticed that the car started having gear shift problem. It will stay on one and delay before it change gear and sometimes, it wouldn't change at all, instead the RMP will just go up. Check Engine Light show on the Dashboard

I visited a gear mechanic, he said it was because the shaft was removed while the engine was still hot. When he scanned, he saw two Error code; one was P0730 OBD-II : Incorrect Gear Ratio, I can't remember the other. He cleared the code, did some adjustment; the check engine light disappear, and the gear shifted though with some hesitation sometimes which promised will disappear overtime.

This Is My Problem
One of the shaft got stiff and pulled, so I have to remove it and replace it yesterday, and the problem of improper gear shifting is back again. The gear would not shift to a higher gear. Note: I ensured the car was not driven at all before removal and replacement.

I also noticed that my transmission shifter doesn't shift the gear correctly, when I try to put it in any of the gear, first, it doesn't align correctly, and I will have to shift a little more forward before it will eventually engage.

Gurus in the House, I need help, please guide me. This is the only place I can run to and be sure to gain knowledge and find answers

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Used 2014 Toyota Camry Se / Direct Tokunbo 2015 Mercedes Benz ML 350 - 13.3m Last Price Pls. / *SOLD ** Registered 2008 Toyota Camry LE Black **SOLD **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.