Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation (1985 Views)

CBN Extends BVN Registration For Armed Forces / BVN Registration For Diaspora Nigeria Banking Customers / CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by utimayor(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2011
I want to put up a charitable organisation, Sort of an NGO to help children that cant afford basic life needs, now the confusion is on how to register this organisation, must it be limited liability. Cos i just want to do the normal registration. Can i operate it without registration? Are there other authorities i need to register/ recognise with? Are there legal implications to this? Please matured responses will be appreciated.
Re: CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by gbenger(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2011
the normal registration for business name is less than N5,000 which i did for my biz name of HOKCUZ BUSINESS CONCEPTS. Since this is sort of non profit making business i think you might still use same process as well. For more on it, you need the documents needed which will be given you at CAC and less than N5k you will open the account. For details about this, SMS only to 08028790043, subject line - CAC biz register. thanks and God bless
Re: CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by Samokprpty: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
NGO,Organisations ,Churches etc are non-profit oriented and are not registered as Company whether limited or Public/private rather they are registered under 'Part C' of Company and allied matters act as Incoporated Trustees. Hence, you must register it as an organisation and not a business. The cost of doing so is between N130K-N150k because you need to place adverts in 3 dailies,draw up constitution of the organisation, obtain Iron seal,get Trustees,Minutes of meetings etc. If you are ready to start call for extensive details on NGO,Organisations etc, Incorporation of Company, Business name Registration.  08086656404 08037902969 8086656404 08037902969
Re: CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by utimayor(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
Thanks friends, i think i'l have to use the services of one of you,
Re: CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by anawebtech(m): 5:32am On Aug 14, 2011
All you need is to make a search first and
register it as an NGO which will cost like 100k-130k anddepending on who is doing it for you
Re: CAC Registration For Charitable Organisation by omogidi234(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-608964.0.html

Hi,

in addition to what other posters have said, you may consider the post above. Ltd by Gte is getting more attention from those who want to run NGOs.

(1) (Reply)

What Online Business Can I Get Into..as A Student? / These Furniture Is Urgently Needed!!! / I need one on one Online Business Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.