Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

How I Make Money By Flipping Blogs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Make Money By Flipping Blogs (306 Views)

How To Make Money By Selling Your Photos Online / How To Become A Millionaire With Domain Flipping Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Make Money By Flipping Blogs by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
Here’s How I Started

I call myself a blog flipper and I make money flipping blogs.

To start you might be wondering what blog flipping is.

Well, today just like you can flip real estate and make a profit, you can also flip blogs and websites as well as flipping other kinds of assets, too.

How It All Started

I was coming off the sale of my e-commerce business.

I was running an online store for a couple of years that was profitable but sucking up all my time and energy so I decided to sell.

And as I was figuring out what direction to take my career next I came across blogging.

On Pinterest, I found a pin from a six-figure blogger who is making $60,000 per month and up from blogging.

I was really shocked.

In e-commerce, I worked with a ton of different bloggers for photography and giveaways, promotion, and marketing. I was somewhat familiar with the blogging industry but I had no idea that you could make that much money blogging!

This definitely piqued my interest so I decided to try blogging for a living after selling my bustling online store.

My Start with Blogging

Blogging was a lot of work but it was also very rewarding and because I loved writing it didn’t necessarily feel like work to me.

On top of that, I was only working around 20 hours per week, coming from working 60+ hours per week from my online store business so blogging was a pretty enjoyable experience for me.

I blog for about eight months and I got the blog up to around 40,000 in monthly page views and $1400 per month.

I started thinking about the sale of my online store business more and I thought what if I could sell my blog?

So I gave it a try and it ended up selling less than two months later.

I saw the blog on Flippa and it ended up getting thousands of views, I was reached out by a ton of people and it’s sold for five figures about a week before the listing was scheduled to end.

I also ended up making another $10,000 to $20,000 from that sale indirectly from people who wanted to work with me helping them start a blog, grow their blog, as well as consulting and coaching gigs that resulted.

My Next Blog Flip

My first blog flip ended up going for around $12,000 which I was super happy with.

My next blog flip which happened a few weeks later ended up going for $8000.

And, that was the start of my blog-flipping journey.

Why People Love Blogs

People love blogs for lots of different reasons.

What I like about reading blogs is that a lot of blog writers are truly authentic and they write like they talk (which I like), they sound genuine and they’re super relatable.

Not to mention if I happen to stumble across a blog that’s in the niche that I’m interested in, I will definitely be a loyal reader, bookmark that blog and continue checking back on newly published content for weeks and months to come.

For investors, blogging is a way to make money, even earn money passively or semi-passively with a lot less work involved than other website models.

For example, with an e-commerce store, there’s a lot of work involved.

You have to source products, photograph products, maintain a website and inventory, practice customer service, do fulfillment, handle the marketing and advertising campaigns, and much more.

It’s a full project and you have to find the right kind of investor that wants to embark on a site like that.

So, for their income-producing power and ease in running operations, blogs are the kind of website investors like, which makes them perfect for flipping!

Doing Your First Flip

Pick a niche, add content, monetize, add SEO, and promote.

When the time is right in the future. Flip it!

Create a site, grow it, flip. Rinse and repeat.

If you want to learn more about how all this works, check these out: https://www.wealth-ideas.com/website-flipping

(1) (Reply)

Learn Graphic Design & Earn / Bread Wrappers Printing / 2022 Samsung M8 4K Monitor + TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.