Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,540 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

A Thread For Homesteaders - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Homesteaders (361 Views)

All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading / Thread For June/July 2021 NIAS GAS Certificate Exam / A Thread For Grains And Tubers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Homesteaders by greenermodels: 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Homesteading means moving to less populated places where one can acquire land to cultivate crops,raise animals and carry out small/medium scale production on relatively small plots of land measuring from a few plots to a few acres. It involves leaving the urban lifestyle with it's stress, pollution, crime etc to move to a more serene environment where one can live directly from the land and other economic activities. Do we have people who are homesteaders or wish to be homesteaders in Nigeria? This thread is for us.
Re: A Thread For Homesteaders by Childfree: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2023
greenermodels:
Homesteading means moving to less populated places where one can acquire land to cultivate crops,raise animals and carry out small/medium scale production on relatively small plots of land measuring from a few plots to a few acres. It involves leaving the urban lifestyle with it's stress, pollution, crime etc to move to a more serene environment where one can live directly from the land and other economic activities. Do we have people who are homesteaders or wish to be homesteaders in Nigeria? This thread is for us.

I am not currently but planning to.
Are you?
Re: A Thread For Homesteaders by greenermodels: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Childfree:

I am not currently but planning to.
Are you?
It's my retirement plan, I'm based in the southeast but considering relocating to Oyo state to pursue that dream. It's still a long term plan.
Re: A Thread For Homesteaders by Ajaxjay1996: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2023
greenermodels:

It's my retirement plan, I'm based in the southeast but considering relocating to Oyo state to pursue that dream. It's still a long term plan.

Hello GreenerModels. Saw your post while scrolling through Agric section. There might be something for us to share concerning Homesteading. You can WhatsApp me on 09113567524. Looking forward to it.
Re: A Thread For Homesteaders by Curiouscity(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
greenermodels:

Homesteading is not necessary about where you live, it is more about how you live. It is more of self-sufficiency. Yes, subsistence agriculture is a major component, but it also involves making your own needs, food preservation and processing. Making your own needs like soaps, milk, yoghurt, textile, drinks like beer/wine, etc. It means minimal dependence on other people.

This is what I hope to do in about 20years from now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cucumber Farming Establishment And Management / Please Who Can Recognize What This Is / Let Us Revive Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.