Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad (859 Views)

Pls How Can I Receive Money From India / What It Means To Be An Elite / How To Receive Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by strictly4data: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
Greetings to you all.
I got a job abroad. It's Remote and you can work from anywhere in the world. Necessary steps will begin tomorrow, but I think I will need account number of which I can accept money in Pound or Dollar.
Any safe and legal means. I know PayPal is out of it.
Kindly help with vital input and God bless
Lalasticlala , seun abeg I dey beg
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Typicool8(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2022
strictly4data:
Greetings to you all.
I got a job abroad. It's Remote and you can work from anywhere in the world. Necessary steps will begin tomorrow, but I think I will need account number of which I can accept money in Pound or Dollar.

You can open a Payoneer account
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by jesmond3945: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2022
strictly4data:
Greetings to you all.
Open dorm
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by odiinsgrace(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Actively buying
paypal-GNS/FNF FUNDS tongue
Payoneer FUNDS tongue
Fiverr/upwork balance tongue
Usdt, btc, eth, Busd tongue
Bits/bulk funds at amazing rate
I accept wese90 escrow
Don't give in to poor rate
Check my signature
God bless you as you come kiss
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
A simpler solution is a foreign account that receives local transfers and you get your pay in Naira at parrallel rates

In that case grey dot co and geegpay would serve you quite fine

If you want to receive in foreign currencies then Payoneer or get them to use WU/Moneygram/Worldremit
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
DrLevi:
A simpler solution is a foreign account that receives local transfers and you get your pay in Naira at parrallel rates

In that case grey dot co and geegpay would serve you quite fine

If you want to receive in foreign currencies then Payoneer or get them to use WU/Moneygram/Worldremit

I would never encourage anyone to go through the route of getting a service that pays them Naira equivalent even if it's at parallel rates. People need to minimize their risks and hold the money in FX. Naira is too volatile at the moment

@OP, get a Payoneer account (easiest from my experience) AND open an FX domiciliary account. Pair your dom with your Payoneer and setup Payoneer to transfer to your dom periodically. Match currency to currency

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I would never encourage anyone to go through the route of getting a service that pays them Naira equivalent even if it's at parallel rates. People need to minimize their risks and hold the money in FX. Naira is too volatile at the moment

@OP, get a Payoneer account (easiest from my experience) AND open an FX domiciliary account. Pair your dom with your Payoneer and setup Payoneer to transfer to your dom periodically. Match currency to currency
They're not that bad and you can always convert back to FCs at a cost

Someone I know converts to USDT after receiving his funds
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
DrLevi:

They're not that bad and you can always convert back to FCs at a cost

Someone I know converts to USDT after receiving his funds

You are right that the alternatives you mentioned aren't bad. But my eye dey chook. I always like to keep my "losses" due to currency exchange very low. Changing to ₦ then back to FX is one loss too many especially after Payoneer collect their transaction fee. But yeah either is fine
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You are right that the alternatives you mentioned aren't bad. But my eye dey chook. I always like to keep my "losses" due to currency exchange very low. Changing to ₦ then back to FX is one loss too many especially after Payoneer collect their transaction fee. But yeah either is fine
The bolded took me out
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
DrLevi:

The bolded took me out

Lol! But it's the truth na. We are in this remote hustle make we for fit see money. So any charges and all I no dey like am. But I fully understand that those Fintech platforms are providing a very necessary service and have to be paid for that.
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Peejay007: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
I recently noticed my payoneer account "pay to recipient's payoneer account" and "pay to recipient's bank account" function is not there anymore, has anyone ever experienced this and what was the solution.

p.s: I was still using this option as of may 2022
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by holluikon(m): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Which one is FX domiciliary account please?
I've had my money hanging on Payoneer since last two weeks, I can't withdraw to naira due to huge loss from the ridiculous naira-dollar rate, so I'm looking for a better way to withdraw from Payoneer and convert to naira at a better rate ..
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
holluikon:

Which one is FX domiciliary account please?
I've had my money hanging on Payoneer since last two weeks, I can't withdraw to naira due to huge loss from the ridiculous naira-dollar rate, so I'm looking for a better way to withdraw from Payoneer and convert to naira at a better rate ..

Go to your bank. Open a USD account. Go to Payoneer and add that USD account as your receiving account. When Payoneer does the transfer, they wo transfer dollars instead of converting to Naira at the horrible official rate.

Withdraw from your USD dom account and go to aboki to change to Naira
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by holluikon(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Go to your bank. Open a USD account. Go to Payoneer and add that USD account as your receiving account. When Payoneer does the transfer, they wo transfer dollars instead of converting to Naira at the horrible official rate.

Withdraw from your USD dom account and go to aboki to change to Naira

What are the requirements to open a dom account; I have First bank visa account, can I use that?
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2022
holluikon:

What are the requirements to open a dom account; I have First bank visa account, can I use that?

I don't bank with First Bank so I don't know their requirements. But when I opened my dom, I had a zero balance and the bank still opened it for me.
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by holluikon(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I don't bank with First Bank so I don't know their requirements. But when I opened my dom, I had a zero balance and the bank still opened it for me.

I mean the prerequisites; like I'd card, utility bill etc, and which bank please
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by Vicky2k(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

which bank dorm account is that. GT I guess.
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2022
Vicky2k:

which bank dorm account is that. GT I guess.

Zenith actually
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by airsaylongcome: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2022
holluikon:

I mean the prerequisites; like I'd card, utility bill etc, and which bank please

It's been a few years so I don't remember the specific requirements.
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by holluikon(m): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by maestro299: 9:54am On May 15
strictly4data:
Greetings to you all.

How did you later solve this issue?
Re: Legal Means To Receive Money Abroad by strictly4data: 4:07pm On May 15
maestro299:

How did you later solve this issue?
Yes, Grey

(1) (Reply)

JavaFX Goes Live / Help For Xp Gost Installation / Pleas Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.