Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,303 members, 7,864,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

The Anatomy Behind A $12,000 Website Flip - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Anatomy Behind A $12,000 Website Flip (198 Views)

How Nigerian Banking Prodigy Herbert Wigwe Scored A $12 Million Win With Access / How To Make $12,000 Monthly From E-commerce Selling Your Products To America / How To Make $12,000 Through Online Publishing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anatomy Behind A $12,000 Website Flip by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
My $12,000 content site flip was the second website I sold for profit.

My first profitable flip which was the very first website I sold earned me nearly $100,000.

Here’s everything you’re curious to know about including how my second flip went, why it took two tries to make a sale and the positive and negative impact it had on my business.

What’s website flipping?

It’s about making a profit on a website you build or buy.

Like with car flipping for example, you might buy a car for $2000 and resell it a week later for $4000, making a $2000 profit.

Website flipping works similarly.

You can buy or build a website and then flip it for profit.

I tend to build sites and then develop them so they are valuable web properties that the buyer will be proud to own and I’ve developed a strategy that has helped me easily flip site after site quickly.

How to get started?

It’s easier than you think.

You don’t need to be tech-savvy or know how to build sites or code. I certainly don’t code and I wouldn’t call myself a techie either.

Here’s how I do it:

Build a site
Improve the site
Sell it for profit

To get a good foundation of how website flipping works and how you can flip sites for yourself for beginners, learn about it here: www.wealth-ideas.com/website-flipping

9 Months in the Making

From start to sale, my site was 9 months old.

It was the very first blog I ever built and I created it in the “make money online” niche.

I mostly wrote about making money online through side hustles and blogging, along with some content about saving money sprinkled in.

Here’s the proof: www.wealth-ideas.com/website-flipping

It felt like the time was right to sell and I was eager to move on to the next blog project on a full-time basis.

The site was getting around 40,000 monthly page views and earning $1,400/month at the time it sold.

I sold it at a discount (more on this below) at $12,000.

It took about a month to sell.

Why it took 2 attempts to sell

The first time I listed the site on my secret auction platform, it sold in 7 days.

The buyer wanted to pay using a credit card and it just wouldn’t work with the escrow service we were using.

We looked at a few alternatives but it just didn’t work so when that sale fell through I relisted it.

The second time I listed the site, I was happy to get at least $12,000 so that’s why when a buyer came around offering this amount, I was willing to take a discount (in hindsight I could’ve sold for $25,000+ but I didn’t realize this back then).

I had a buyer contact me who was really serious about getting the site.

She and I chatted off and on during the two-week timeframe the site was live the second time around on Flippa.

We agreed on $12,000 (the same sale price as the first sale) and I sold the site to her halfway through the auction by Buy it Now.

The Buy It Now price is a price you can list on the auction platform that will end the auction immediately if a buyer agrees to pay that amount. And that’s what happened.

After the auction

A LOT of interested buyers wanted the site and I got close to a dozen messages after the sale congratulating me and sharing their dismay that they lost out on the auction.

I got a couple consulting offers that came afterwards plus an immediate sale of another site I was working on for $8,000.

I really had no negative impact to my business from selling the site.

The buyer was a dream buyer.

She was great and we really got along, talking for years after the sale.

I still flip websites today on Flippa and other places.

Here’s a screenshot of some of my Flippa sales: www.wealth-ideas.com/website-flipping

And, I’ve taught hundreds of students who have made thousands on Flippa with website flipping too.

Website flipping can help you create a side business, side hustle, or a full-time business.

If you want a money-making hobby that’s fulfilling and rewarding or an opportunity to grow a large and thriving venture, look into flipping websites.

Click here if you’d like to check out the ebook I created on flipping websites or click here to read about the full course: www.wealth-ideas.com/website-flipping
Re: The Anatomy Behind A $12,000 Website Flip by Fredmatic(m): 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Congratulations for your success, u look forward to domain and website buying and selling as part of part of my online making money journey I most do. ...
However,but have some few questions

1. How many pages were you able to write before flipping it for sale?
2. Did you use SEO tools to rank your pages ? Which free or paid tools did you use? Bcus you might have really put effort for a site to have 40,000 views per month. With a $1400 profit it generated for you per month must be a nice prospect the buyer look into to buy at that amount.

3. Make money online niche is very niches to or most in not all people. What other niche do yob think one can build on to sell faster?

4. You said you would have sold it for $24,000 + but sth happen . Can you explain that part more, didn't get it well

5. Where you or conscious of the domain name with a dash as part of it? Or you attention was just go build content and sell without minding whatever name you give to the site? Be thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover How Having A Website Can Benefit Your Business Or Brand / The Off-white Brand Shirt Is Suddenly All The Rage / Privacy Center Tool For Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.