Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Thread of my two beautiful noilers. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thread of my two beautiful noilers. (3911 Views)

Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (broilers, Noilers,turkey) Online In Nigeria. / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Okay,i like animals, i decided to get two “noilers"... I just want to know if it is really a noiler or something else.
I'll only be posting the female noiler's picture and you are free to comment or air your thoughts because i thought noilers were mostly plain brown for the females without white spots.
Mine developed some white spots on her plumage and the legs have a light yellow hue now. I also notice the legs have gotten slightly longer.

Bosses, how do i identify a good noiler coz i noticed some strains have yellow legs while others have the normal pale coloured legs.
My brother bought a spotted black and white little chick which was a male a long time ago, it had normal pale coloured legs while young but as it grew, the legs became yellow in colour and long...but the body size was not yet in proportion with its legs.( It was not yet fully mature though).

Does this kind of chicken have a name or is it still a noiler?

Please, the poultry lords @mr jidestroud,@neologee,and other bosses , i need your responses, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
As far as i can tel. They are noilers and noilers aint just dat colour u described. They come in different colours, some r multicolored.

Enjoy. So far dey lay eggs and provide meat. U r good to go.

There is anoda breed called kuroilers. Check them online.. They r usually taller than noilers tho.

Good luck homes

2 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:
As far as i can tel. They are noilers and noilers aint just dat colour u described. They come in different colours, some r multicolored.

Enjoy. So far dey lay eggs and provide meat. U r good to go.

There is anoda breed called kuroilers. Check them online.. They r usually taller than noilers tho.

Good luck homes

Thanks for your response...
I didn't know chickens require multivitamins too...please what brand do you suggest? And can i give my chickens vitamin C? Sorry my questions are becoming a lil bit annoying.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Thanks for your response...
I didn't know chickens require multivitamins too...please what brand do you suggest? And can i give my chickens vitamin C? Sorry my questions are becoming a lil bit annoying.

Not annoying. Its a nice question. We all learning. I'm not 100% right too.
They require multivitamins and anti virus. Just little in their water.

Go to where dey sell feeds and tell them. They will understand
Depends on funds on you.
Ranging 500naira to 2k in satchet forms.

Pending them vitamins C in d water is nt bad. Just little.

Ur poultry settings (the first pix) doesnt suggest u r new to it tho. If u r, thumbs up

Also.. Get dat dog away frm dem to avoid stories..

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Zonefree(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:

Depends on funds on you.

Ur poultry settings (the first pix) doesnt suggest u r new to it tho. If u r, thumbs up

Dog dey chop fowls?

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:

Depends on funds on you.

I'm a newbie o... But i have always wanted to rear/ keep chickens.
Thank you so much for your response!

I'll do all as you said... As for the dog, He knows his limits and i purposely let the chickens move around him so he sees them as part of the family... Anyways, he is under my watchful eyes.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Dog dey chop fowls?

Yess oo
Our lhasa apso injured my neighbor's big broiler.

It also killed 4 of my neighbor's cockerels.

My papa flog shege comot the body that night...my neighbor sef dey beg for am.
Since that night, e no dey near fowl again.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Zonefree:

Dog dey chop fowls?

It could kill it. Dat tin u call dog has a wild side in it. Dey just wild animals that are tamed.
It may b cool for now until he kills one during his/her playful time and taste of blood wakes up his/her killing instinct.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Maxitomxane:

I'll do all as you said... As for the dog, He knows his limits and i purposely let the chickens move around him so he sees them as part of the family... Anyways, he is under my watchful eyes.

Let it be under ur watch oo. But dont bank on it knowing its limits.

All doze cross breed dogs have a touch of madness and wildness in them
When it clicks, u will never know.

Good luck tho.. Noilers full my compound. Taking care of poultry ehn na work but i no dey use money buy egg again. grin

All d best papi.

3 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:

Let it be under ur watch oo. But dont bank on it knowing its limits.

All doze cross breed dogs have a touch of madness and wildness in them
When it clicks, u will never know.

Good luck tho.. Noilers full my compound. Taking care of poultry ehn na work but i no dey use money buy egg again. grin

All d best papi.

Can you post their pictures whenever you are less busy?? embarassed... I'm more of a visual person grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Yess oo
Our lhasa apso injured my neighbor's big broiler.

Imagine and Lhasa apso suppose be pet oo. Forget dat calming down. He dey observe una. He go still kill after all d floggings. D taste of blood be like Jack Daniels for their mouth. Dey get high. D apso fit plan his next move for 6-8months.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Can you post their pictures whenever you are less busy?? embarassed... I'm more of a visual person grin
i gat u. Mayb 2moro. Coz i get owambe.. Cant be missing semo and porridge and ofada rice. I get d timetable of chow 2 be served.. grin.

If not then sunday.

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:

It could kill it. Dat tin u call dog has a wild side in it. Dey just wild animals that are tamed.
It may b cool for now until he kills one during his/her playful time and taste of blood wakes up his/her killing instinct.

Like our werey lhasa apso... 4 cockerels in one night, omo! My head was hot... Another person's chicken cry...
angry grin i wont let it kill half a chicken much more a whole chicken.

I'm sure some chicken sellers wont know the difference between a kuroiler and a noiler..
But i noticed, some "“noiler chicks have Smooth brown beaks and look exotic.
I'm planning to buy one more noiler male.
Brown colour sha...I just want to have a giant chicken.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:
i gat u. Mayb 2moro. Coz i get owambe.. Cant be missing semo and porridge and ofada rice. I get d timetable of chow 2 be served.. grin.

If not then sunday.

I'll bank on Sunday... grin
I'll remind you sha ...
Thank you wink wink
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Natbrowny:

Imagine and Lhasa apso suppose be pet oo. Forget dat calming down. He dey observe una. He go still kill after all d floggings. D taste of blood be like Jack Daniels for their mouth. Dey get high. D apso fit plan his next move for 6-8months.

grin grin... The plan go lead to a series of disastrous floggings.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Maxitomxane:

I'll remind you sha ...
Thank you wink wink

Maxitomxane:

I'll remind you sha ...
Thank you wink wink

Gotta just do it b4 i forget. To see dem snap like dis sef. Na work. As i open door.. Dem all scatter. U could see some ducks beside dem. Na so bros. Chop anything as long as na poultry.

Doze eggs r duck eggs. I don chop tire but dis ones in 26-30days time. I gat me some ducklings.

Hope d pix helps. My noilers are street oo. Tough, Rugged n Rough. Small n big ones mix for dat pix. I for sort dem. Some of we locals dey among too if u look. (they r forever useful grin)

4 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2022
wink

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
Natbrowny:

Gotta just do it b4 i forget. To see dem snap like dis sef. Na work. As i open door.. Dem all scatter. U could see some ducks beside dem. Na so bros. Chop anything as long as na poultry.

Doze eggs r duck eggs. I don chop tire but dis ones in 26-30days time. I gat me some ducklings.

Hope d pix helps. My noilers are street oo. Tough, Rugged n Rough. Small n big ones mix for dat pix. I for sort dem. Some of we locals dey among too if u look. (they r forever useful grin)

I can see one big red rooster with yellow legs in the first pic.

Thats the type i want.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
Natbrowny:

Is this type of chicken also a noiler....coz this breed was the kind my brother bought then in 2019 for #350 naira at 3 weeks...

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Maxitomxane:

I can see one big red rooster with yellow legs in the first pic.

Thats the type i want.

That one na noiler too. Very rugged. E full everywhere na. Ask sellers for rooster noilers.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Natbrowny: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Is this type of chicken also a noiler....coz this breed was the kind my brother bought then in 2019 for #350 naira at 3 weeks...

Naaah dis doesnt look like noiler sha but could be Kuroilers. Dey r tall in nature. And it looks like them
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2022
Maxitomxane:
Okay,i like animals, i decided to get two “noilers"... I just want to know if it is really a noiler or something else.
I'll only be posting the female noiler's picture and you are free to comment or air your thoughts because i thought noilers were mostly plain brown for the females without white spots.
Mine developed some white spots on her plumage and the legs have a light yellow hue now. I also notice the legs have gotten slightly longer.

Bosses, how do i identify a good noiler coz i noticed some strains have yellow legs while others have the normal pale coloured legs.
My brother bought a spotted black and white little chick which was a male a long time ago, it had normal pale coloured legs while young but as it grew, the legs became yellow in colour and long...but the body size was not yet in proportion with its legs.( It was not yet fully mature though).

Does this kind of chicken have a name or is it still a noiler?

Please, the poultry lords @mr jidestroud,@neologee,and other bosses , i need your responses, thank you.

So it's been 5 months + now, Throughout the period of 5 months, my Noilers came down with infectious coryza from one of the broilers(we have eaten all grin).
The brown noiler(female) was infected first, but got over it within a week without any medication.
The male Noiler also got infected about 3 weeks later, it also had cough which made it lose weight and it took about 3 weeks for it to get better.(I got tylodox, but it wasn't effective, so I stopped administering it and only gave proper feed and clean water).
It simply just improved.

Attached below is their current pictures now at 5 months+

3 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2022
They were fed on home scrap and finisher(To complement) majorly, i just changed their feed to grower last week and they have been doing just fine.

The male started mounting the female about 2 weeks ago.

The female laid her first egg on Wednesday.
The picture is attached below.
She laid another on Thursday.

The egg she laid yesterday had a soft shell and tore in the nest (I was expecting this kind of egg first beacuse i haven't given the chicken layer feed for egg production).

Second picture is the Noiler making the nest after i put the dried leaves there.

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2022
I added ground egg shells to the grower feed i feed the female noiler with to supplement them so as to increase her calcium level.
I hope it won't affect the chicken in the long run?
Coz she didn't show any sign of interest in food this morning and was a bit sluggish than her usual self.

Could the soft shelled egg she laid cause it?

She went to where she laid her two eggs and sat on them this morning, I don't know if it's due to the cold this morning or just natural instinct because I thought chickens don't incubate their eggs till they are done laying all.

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2022
Should I take her away from the eggs? Or leave her be? undecided
Coz I don't only want two chicks o sad
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2022
Maxitomxane:

So it's been 5 months + now, Throughout the period of 5 months, my Noilers came down with infectious coryza from one of the broilers(we have eaten all grin).
The brown noiler(female) was infected first, but got over it within a week without any medication.
The male Noiler also got infected about 3 weeks later, it also had cough which made it lose weight and it took about 3 weeks for it to get better.(I got tylodox, but it wasn't effective, so I stopped administering it and only gave proper feed and clean water).
It simply just improved.

Attached below is their current pictures now at 5 months+

Wow... very impressive. They are so lovely.
I'm glad they both overcame the disease.

3 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
jidestroud:

Wow... very impressive. They are so lovely.
I'm glad they both overcame the disease.

Yes Sir, Thank you.
grin grin

She didn't lay any egg today, I thought it would be a daily thing sef grin
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2022
Attached below are their pictures when they were within 2 months + to 3 minths +.

The female had a lot of white in her feathers which I loved, but in the long run she lost them sad...

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by jidestroud(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2022
Maxitomxane:

Yes Sir, Thank you.
grin grin

She didn't lay any egg today, I thought it would be a daily thing sef grin
Lolz... It's a 200 Max eggs per year. So expect a few off days.
Not a fan of the birds again though. The male to female ratio in a carton is a total turn off for me (in most cases from experience is between 30/70 Male:Female).

1 Like

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
jidestroud:

Lolz... It's a 200 Max eggs per year. So expect a few off days.
Not a fan of the birds again though. The male to female ratio in a carton is a total turn off for me (in most cases from experience is between 30/70 Male:Female).

That's not good for market because the males get bigger and weigh more than the females.
I thought it was 50:50.

Thanks for the information Sir.
Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Maxitomxane(m): 7:33am On Dec 16, 2022
She dropped the fifth egg this Morning. grin I'm not giving layer feed to her yet, just home scraps + grower feed(I add broken egg shells to it since egg shells are calcium fortified). wink

She has laid a total of 7 eggs now, two were soft shelled eggs cry and have been disposed.

3 Likes

Re: Thread of my two beautiful noilers. by Ryan03(f): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
Maxitomxane:
She dropped the fifth egg this Morning. grin I'm not giving layer feed to her yet, just home scraps + grower feed(I add broken egg shells to it since egg shells are calcium fortified). wink

She has laid a total of 7 eggs now, two were soft shelled eggs cry and have been disposed.
happy for you o. Guess it's your personal space cause where I stay, you have to keep your birds in a cage (that's if the landlord even agrees). I bought two 4 weeks old poult and one died after 3 days. It was really painful, I am still managing the other one. As if that's not enough, I bought two point of lay ducks and one male duck. One female and one male dies of disease I don't even understand. They just start twisting their neck, flap their wings, stretch and died. What did I do wrong? I just tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Germinate Your Own Oil Palm Seeds / Multi-trex: The Cocoa Factory That Must Not Die! / How To Start And Propose Beans Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.