Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Is Life Truly Worth A Living? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Life Truly Worth A Living? (833 Views)

My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 10:16am On Sep 03, 2022
I'm not happy with the situation of my life. To say I am depressed is an understatement. Nothing seems working for me. Let me narrate my ordeal this way.
I am presently 28 years of age. I was raised by a single mother. She gave birth to four children though I am the first son(I have a sister before me and two younger brothers). Since I am begining to understand life.ever for once measured up with my peers. It was not that we live in poverty. She was able to afford basic needs for us. During my underage period I thought it was my non-working status that brought about insufficiency. Albeit this I wasn't bothered though I was not happy with my condition.
Now that I'm grown. I have finished from College of Education since 2016. I have tried businesses but I failed in them. I have worked in schools as ateacher but they were not promising so I has to leave the jobs. The worst part is that, my relationship life is poor. I do not have serious relationship. Every girl I asked out would always prefer someone else than me even though the person might not up to my status in age or other standards. I'm fed up. I thought about ending it all but I do not want to fail my mother.
If you have been in my situation before. Kindly educate on how you scale through this stage. Thank you.
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by Blackdeewhy(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2022
Have you ever heard about an immortal called GOD?
He is full of GRACE and MERCY.
PLEASE say a words of prayer, fast and NEVER GIVE UP.
Things will be fine with you. I can feel it from this side.
Cheers....

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by yemmit90: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2022
I feel your pain, majority of Nigeria youths are facing something similar to yours. Just keep working but smartly, one day, you will sing a song of praise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by emmanuelbrown26: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2022
I wanted to suggest something, but immediately i came across RELATIONSHIP, i had to reserve my comment/suggestions.

Let me tell u one raw truth, u are missing father in ur life.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
I don’t think you really understand Life. I don’t care what your story is but it’s normal to fail at some point in Life. Success is not a comfortable procedure

From 25-40 No be child’s play grin

The bitter truth is that u go still fail at some point no matter how ready/prepared you are in life but you just have to keep pushing

You want to end it all because of what exactly? cuz u trying and failing? How do you wanna grow without that? Here is the thing... Expand yourself and get out of your comfort zone if you really wanna be successful.

Forget about any serious relationship for now and stay focus

daddyseun:
I'm not happy with the situation of my life. To say I am depressed is an understatement. Nothing seems working for me. Let me narrate my ordeal this way.
I am presently 28 years of age. I was raised by a single mother. She gave birth to four children though I am the first son(I have a sister before me and two younger brothers). Since I am begining to understand life.ever for once measured up with my peers. It was not that we live in poverty. She was able to afford basic needs for us. During my underage period I thought it was my non-working status that brought about insufficiency. Albeit this I wasn't bothered though I was not happy with my condition.
Now that I'm grown. I have finished from College of Education since 2016. I have tried businesses but I failed in them. I have worked in schools as ateacher but they were not promising so I has to leave the jobs. The worst part is that, my relationship life is poor. I do not have serious relationship. Every girl I asked out would always prefer someone else than me even though the person might not up to my status in age or other standards. I'm fed up. I thought about ending it all but I do not want to fail my mother.
If you have been in my situation before. Kindly educate on how you scale through this stage. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
daddyseun:
Now that I'm grown. I have finished from College of Education since 2016. I have tried businesses but I failed in them. I have worked in schools as ateacher but they were not promising so I has to leave the jobs.
A lot of Nigerians have tried one or two businesses and failed, not only you.

The worst part is that, my relationship life is poor. I do not have serious relationship. Every girl I asked out would always prefer someone else than me even though the person might not up to my status in age or other standards.

Really? I thought you said you had no money & nothing works for you, so how come you're surprised by this. The ladies obviously went for someone better than you.

I'm fed up. I thought about ending it all but I do not want to fail my mother. If you have been in my situation before. Kindly educate on how you scale through this stage. Thank you.
Your problem is money, that's all i see here.
You need to find a job that pays you well. Start by looking for a skill to learn, then perfect the skill.

Life is interesting, as long as you can pay for the roof over your head & buy yourself some cold drinks every now & then, with constant entertainment. Honestly you don't need to kill yourself for anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by henrimoto(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
9JAFULLBREED:
I don’t think you really understand Life. I don’t care what your story is but it’s normal to fail at some point in Life. Success is not a comfortable procedure

The bitter truth is that u go still fail at some point no matter how ready/prepared you are in life but you just have to keep pushing

You want to end it all because of what exactly? cuz u trying and failing? How do you wanna grow without that? Here is the thing... Expand yourself and get out of your comfort zone if you really wanna be successful.

@daddyseun. Go over this comment again,again and again.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by henrimoto(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2022
... Stop comparing yourself with your peers. Their is something special and great in every individual, irrespective of background, status and what ever. What is your strength as an individual ? What is your comparative advantage over those around you ? Concentrate on those things that give you joy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by henrimoto(m): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
henrimoto:
... Stop comparing yourself with your peers. Their is something special and great in every individual, irrespective of background, status and what ever. What is your strength as an individual ? What is your comparative advantage over those around you ? Concentrate on those things that give you joy.
See...there are men/women in their late 30s', early & late 40s', that havent gotten their LIFE DESIRES/AMBITIONS/DREAMS but they have never given up about life. they are still forgeing strong ahead. what about you ?

1 Like

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by henrimoto(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
henrimoto:
See...there are men/women in their late 30s', early & late 40s', that havent gotten their LIFE DESIRES/AMBITIONS/DREAMS but they have never given up about life. they are still forgeing strong ahead. what about you ?
wake upp!! Gbera !!!
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by Lonestar124: 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
Cheers....
Madam go sit down abeg....mtcheew
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
Cheers....
Noted with thanks.
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
yemmit90:
I feel your pain, majority of Nigeria youths are facing something similar to yours. Just keep working but smartly, one day, you will sing a song of praise.
Amen, thank you very much.
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
I wanted to suggest something, but immediately i came across RELATIONSHIP, i had to reserve my comment/suggestions.

Let me tell u one raw truth, u are missing father in ur life.
Could you expatiate on this sir? Thank you.
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
9JAFULLBREED:

Thank you for this wonderful piece of advice.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
henrimoto:
@daddyseun. Go over this comment again,again and again.
Yes sir, I am going through it. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2022
Serious relationship ke grin cheesy. You want to add to your burden lol.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by CaveAdullam: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2022
1. If you look at life from a realistic point of view it 'doesn't worth living.'

When you are young, you clamor for Independence; when you are old, you are nostalgic about those younger years when you play freely with a cheerful heart and no burden on what you will eat or wear because your parents will take care of that.

2. You don't have, you struggle tooth and nail to have; you now have, you want more or feel depressed because you now understand that one day you will die, and all that you have worked for will be inherited by someone who doesn't know the amount of time, pain, sweat and blood you shed just to achieve your glory; worst case, scenario, it may even be that it is your enemy that will inherit your resources after your death. Sad.

3. Only the living are subjected to these vicissitudes of life: light today, darkness tomorrow; one comfort, two pains.
Those who never exist are never bothered about life's experiences and the dead has escaped life's loop.

4. So, what then is the essence of life? Why not hasten into a mass suicide and be free forever?

5. The humans that have caused much damage on earth are still the humans that make life enjoyable. If you are extremely pessimistic, all you will see is agony and pain. Pessimism will further drive you into nihilism. Optimism also has its dark side: you neglect reality for wishful thinking and hope. No balance on both sides equals depression.

6. Being philanthropic albeit the ever-changing templates of life is how you enjoy it as your ephemeral life declines. The beauty of nature is enough to bless the eyes and soul: beautiful animals, beautiful mountains, beautiful sky, beautiful waters, beautiful plants, etc. enhance your life and will propel you to extrapolate these beauties into your soul and environment.

A good illustration: Birds gave an idea about airplanes, and the beast of burden (camel, bull, donkey) gave an idea about fast-moving cars.

Holding a beautiful child, and beholding a beautiful human also blesses the soul. Once you begin to appreciate the beauty you see that 'life is worth living.' Because you appreciate beauty, you no longer feel pained as you approach death, because you are now at a stage where your soul has elevated above material goods. Philanthropy becomes a norm: you want to always put smiles on grimaced faces. If such character and behavior ripples, everyone becomes one - welcome to paradise. Howbeit, something similar to paradise can be attained, and not paradise itself because humans are a melange of good, bad, and ugly.

7. Every circumstance in life either makes or mars you, it is left for you to paddle these circumstances to suit you. There are always factors beyond your control, and many times, there is nothing you can do about it.

However, you must develop a keen sense of leverage, flexibility, and adaptability as the situation demands. Life doesn't go as planned, you change as the wind changes. Never be caught unaware.

8. There is always conflict at the bottom: the struggle to get to the top. And at the top: the struggle not to fall to the bottom. So, you see, nobody has it all in life. Same conflicts, different struggles.

9. Don't expect a woman to take you seriously for a relationship when you are at the bottom. The same way you will not lust over an ugly woman is the same way a woman will never lust over a poor/average man. So, the poor and ugly can only mate either by enhancing status and beauty respectively or both or learn the art of manipulation - pick up artistry and prostitution(hook up culture and gold-digging).

10. Men are valued for their status while women are valued for their beauty and existence. It takes only the wise and transcendent man to look beyond status and beauty before he can appreciate people, albeit, they are the outliers among humans.

11. Your background, environment, and connections may not be favorable but you must try your possible best to paddle the boat. If don't paddle, you will sink.

There's no one method to succeeding in life except you understand your situation, learn, be flexible and adapt.

Bonus:
12. Be smart and intelligent: this will grant you access to quality people.

13. Learn sales and marketing.

14. Learn a skill and sell it.

Thanks.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by ibechris(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2022
Get a father figure in your life now.

Be it an uncle from your mother's side,a neighbour,your former teacher in school whom u trust or your landlord whom u may trust to guide u about life..

U need someone u may see as a father figure.

In fact,I respect your mum to have raised a whole four children single handedly.
She must be strong!

U indeed deserves to make her happy..

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
ibechris:
Get a father figure in your life now.

Be it an uncle from your mother's side,a neighbour,your former teacher in school whom u trust or your landlord whom u may trust to guide u about life..

U need someone u may see as a father figure.

In fact,I respect your mum to have raised a whole four children single handedly.
She must be strong!

U indeed deserves to make her happy..
Could you tell me more about this father figure advise sir?
Re: Is Life Truly Worth A Living? by daddyseun: 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. If you look at life from a realistic point of view it 'doesn't worth living.'

When you are young, you clamor for Independence; when you are old, you are nostalgic about those younger years when you play freely with a cheerful heart and no burden on what you will eat or wear because your parents will take care of that.

2. You don't have, you struggle tooth and nail to have; you now have, you want more or feel depressed because you now understand that one day you will die, and all that you have worked for will be inherited by someone who doesn't know the amount of time, pain, sweat and blood you shed just to achieve your glory; worst case, scenario, it may even be that it is your enemy that will inherit your resources after your death. Sad.

3. Only the living are subjected to these vicissitudes of life: light today, darkness tomorrow; one comfort, two pains.
Those who never exist are never bothered about life's experiences and the dead has escaped life's loop.

4. So, what then is the essence of life? Why not hasten into a mass suicide and be free forever?

5. The humans that have caused much damage on earth are still the humans that make life enjoyable. If you are extremely pessimistic, all you will see is agony and pain. Pessimism will further drive you into nihilism. Optimism also has its dark side: you neglect reality for wishful thinking and hope. No balance on both sides equals depression.

6. Being philanthropic albeit the ever-changing templates of life is how you enjoy it as your ephemeral life declines. The beauty of nature is enough to bless the eyes and soul: beautiful animals, beautiful mountains, beautiful sky, beautiful waters, beautiful plants, etc. enhance your life and will propel you to extrapolate these beauties into your soul and environment.

A good illustration: Birds gave an idea about airplanes, and the beast of burden (camel, bull, donkey) gave an idea about fast-moving cars.

Holding a beautiful child, and beholding a beautiful human also blesses the soul. Once you begin to appreciate the beauty you see that 'life is worth living.' Because you appreciate beauty, you no longer feel pained as you approach death, because you are now at a stage where your soul has elevated above material goods. Philanthropy becomes a norm: you want to always put smiles on grimaced faces. If such character and behavior ripples, everyone becomes one - welcome to paradise. Howbeit, something similar to paradise can be attained, and not paradise itself because humans are a melange of good, bad, and ugly.

7. Every circumstance in life either makes or mars you, it is left for you to paddle these circumstances to suit you. There are always factors beyond your control, and many times, there is nothing you can do about it.

However, you must develop a keen sense of leverage, flexibility, and adaptability as the situation demands. Life doesn't go as planned, you change as the wind changes. Never be caught unaware.

8. There is always conflict at the bottom: the struggle to get to the top. And at the top: the struggle not to fall to the bottom. So, you see, nobody has it all in life. Same conflicts, different struggles.

9. Don't expect a woman to take you seriously for a relationship when you are at the bottom. The same way you will not lust over an ugly woman is the same way a woman will never lust over a poor/average man. So, the poor and ugly can only mate either by enhancing status and beauty respectively or both or learn the art of manipulation - pick up artistry and prostitution(hook up culture and gold-digging).

10. Men are valued for their status while women are valued for their beauty and existence. It takes only the wise and transcendent man to look beyond status and beauty before he can appreciate people, albeit, they are the outliers among humans.

11. Your background, environment, and connections may not be favorable but you must try your possible best to paddle the boat. If don't paddle, you will sink.

There's no one method to succeeding in life except you understand your situation, learn, be flexible and adapt.

Bonus:
12. Be smart and intelligent: this will grant you access to quality people.

13. Learn sales and marketing.

14. Learn a skill and sell it.

Thanks.
Thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! Brand New Hisense 46ltrs Single Door Bed Side Refrigerator / Please Help! / Clearance Sale Of Household Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.