Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? (398 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / Is It Possible For A Nigerian Man To Walk Out Of Marriage Without Divorce? / Celebrating Divorce. When I Don’t Is Sweeter Than I Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by OpatolaEsq: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2022
Can a wife sue for emotional abuse, without seeking divorce, when the husband cheats?

~Opatola Victor Esq.

Yes.
As a matter of fact, either of the couple can sue for emotional or psychological abuse caused by the infidelity of the other partner or when the other partner cheats or commits adultery.

While adultery is not a punishable offence in Southern part of Nigeria, yet, a partner can be held liable for emotional abuse of the other partner when he/she cheats.

This can even be achieved without the other party sueing for divorce.

Re: Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 03, 2022
�, the marriage becomes loveless , it’s either you leave or you manage him like that. Don’t sue and stay put.
Re: Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by Fahvvy: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2022
So what happens next after she has sued her husband?? Will it make him stop cheating?? undecided....

My dear...
Just walk out of the marriage if you can't put up with such and live your remaining life in peace undecided....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by Richy4(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2022
Why would anyone sue for emotional abuse and still stays in that relationship?..For him or her to reduce the abuse? Or pay for the abuse?
I see it the same way I see a man that proposed to a lady In public/ private and she rejects the proposal...
If he wished to continue after that, what does he want to gain?
Re: Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Sep 04, 2022
Rozross:
�, the marriage becomes loveless , it’s either you leave or you manage him like that. Don’t sue and stay put.
And where do you get the idea that love is a requirement in marriage? It's originally a contract/agreement between a man and a woman. They decide if love is a part of the equation or not. undecided
Re: Can A Wife Sue For Emotional Abuse, Without Divorce, When The Husband Cheats? by Kobojunkie: 12:46am On Sep 04, 2022
Fahvvy:
So what happens next after she has sued her husband?? Will it make him stop cheating?? undecided....

My dear...
Just walk out of the marriage if you can't put up with such and live your remaining life in peace undecided....
It may not put a stop to the cheating, but that could also mean more opportunities to continue to cash in. undecided

(1) (Reply)

NEEDED Urgently Where Can I Get THIS / Explanation With Women And Sudden Love Because Of Things They Heard About You / How Do You Handle Emotional Blackmail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.