Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter (267 Views)

Halloween: Baby is Stuck With Spooky Eyebrows (Pics) / Men, You Must Take Care Of The Baby Even If DNA Confirms The baby Is Not Yours / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter by MYBILLIONS(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
Last Sunday being the 28th of August 2022. I almost lost my precious daughter to the cold hands of death, fourteen days to her first birthday. God forbid!

My daughter never liked being force-fed and always cry her heart out anytime her mum is force feeding her almost suffocated. I have always had my reservations about the whole SUICIDE FEEDING stuff. But you know how some ladies act nah, like say the man no get business with feeding the baby. Forgetting that "everything relating to the child is our business"

My baby skin started turning pale and there was this sudden involuntary gasp for air. And her eyes began to turn all white. In that state of confusion,
I began to give her mouth resuscitation as well as Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). After a while she pooed and her breath began to normalise.
We thank God for his mercies, she survived the scare.

For those who are not conversant with what is referred to as suicide feeding. It simply mean forceful feeding of infants by putting food into mouth wether liquid or solid.

This practice is very dangerous and often lead to suffocation, which has led to the untimely death of many infants.

It is understandable, that parents get worried when their infants refuse food at the early stage. It is worthy of note that, mothers must try as much as much as possible to study their baby or babies and their food preference.

Most times when mothers force-fed their children, fragments of food ended up in the child’s lungs and could trigger pneumonia.
God bless good mothers who always take their time to care for their babies.

Re: Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter by mariahAngel(f): 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2022
Reading this made me cringe, I swear. embarassed
Thank God for your baby's life.
Re: Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter by decub: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
Thanks for educating us.

I've always been against forceful feeding and meal choices.

Nursery rhymes are just enough to get a child to eat even if you have to behave like one just so they can smile at you and eat.

You got a cute daughter BTW.
Re: Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter by MYBILLIONS(m): 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
mariahAngel:
Reading this made me cringe, I swear. embarassed
Thank God for your baby's life.

Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Suicide Feeding For Baby Is Dangerous: I Nearly Lost My Daughter by MYBILLIONS(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2022
decub:
Thanks for educating us.

I've always been against forceful feeding and meal choices.

Nursery rhymes are just enough to get a child to eat even if you have to behave like one just so they can smile at you and eat.

You got a cute daughter BTW.

Thank you so much, I'm flattered

(1) (Reply)

Soon After I Snapped This Picture I Had A Complete Implosion’: Yazmin Oukhellou / Properties For Sales / I Hosted Purple House At Aggrey Memorial Grammer School Inter House Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.