Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,187 members, 7,849,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? (1076 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / DNA Test, I Am Scared / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Lamanii22(f): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
I guess I am the only one lol, I don’t think I ever want to learn how to drive a car, it scares me to death…. Maybe in another state not Lagos….

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by KimFab: 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
You're not alone.

My fear is not even limited to a particular location. The thought of sitting behind those wheels makes me panic.

I'm a professional passenger. grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
Me oooo grin.

I tried learning in 2001. My boo then was the one teaching me but me and the guy later broke up. So I forgot about it. undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by pocohantas(f): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
You are not the only one. Most ADULTS are. The people that learn easily are teens, because they are still energetic and living in the moment. It is better to learn when you are young if you can. That itself is hard when many Nigerian parents won’t allow you touch their cars. So most people have to wait until they get a job and their first car or bf’s car.

Please learn if you can. Nobody wants to kill another road-user and I am sure you also do not want to kill yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by crackhaus: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
Can't relate...

Started driving while I was in SS3 and haven't stopped since then. Learnt to drive motor-bikes as well, then moved on to driving heavy machinery (cranes) just because I've always had a fascination for automated stuff.

As e be now, na aeroplane remain for me to pilot.
And if dem make mistake leave me alone inside any cockpit laidis, that plane must move from position... Live cheesy

Just try to get over your fear, it's not that serious...

11 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2022

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by pocohantas(f): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
goodamerican:
I was scared initially. The first time I drove on a highway during a lesson, chai, I was terrified, but when I remembered how much I detested walking in the winter, especially when there's ice on the ground (if you know how many times I fell on my bum while walking, smh...), I simmered down. My confidence grew with each lesson and before I knew it, I was a pro.
I had a very knowledgeable, patient and kind driving instructor as well, so that helped. I credit everything I now know and my love for driving to him. The freedom that comes with being able to get in your car and go anywhere you want is incomparable. I can drive to Montreal or New York tomorrow if I want to. grin

Seconded by me… wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by MasterJayJay: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
How can you play video games and still get scared of driving?
Nah!!

Start playing video games, car racing.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
Lamanii22:
I guess I am the only one lol, I don’t think I ever want to learn how to drive a car, it scares me to death…. Maybe in another state not Lagos….

Driving is very easy. As a matter of fact, most courageous smart people are self-taught.
Other smart people will learn it in 3 - 5 days.

No special skills required in Lagos when you're patient, just train your reflexes and know what your car is capable of. Meanwhile assume you're are only sane driver on the road. You too will need a sanity test, though.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by texannaija: 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2022
Lamanii22:

My wife Oo!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by lilioj: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2022
Me too oo, I'm petrified! Even when I'm a passenger in a car, I get scared sometimes when ascending a bridge, I can't even imagine driving on 3rd mainland. I dunno how I'm going to cure this fear, I really want to.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by ibechris(m): 8:11am On Sep 05, 2022
If u want to learn how to drive fast and quick.

Go to Google and search how to drive and each point would help u to know what to do and functions of each parts in the car

That was how I learnt mine about 10 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Lamanii22(f): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2022
KimFab:
You're not alone.

My fear is not even limited to a particular location. The thought of sitting behind those wheels makes me panic.

I'm a professional passenger. grin
grin grin grin my mom's been pressuring me to go and learn she doesn't know her daughter's too scared....

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Lamanii22(f): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2022
lilioj:
Me too oo, I'm petrified! Even when I'm a passenger in a car, I get scared sometimes when ascending a bridge, I can't even imagine driving on 3rd mainland. I dunno how I'm going to cure this fear, I really want to.....
same here I really want to conquer that fear...
Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by wunmi590(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2022

Fear fear woman, it better to face your fear now and learn it once and for all, so that when you see yourself abroad, it would be more easier for you.....

My wife can drive manual, as she learn it from her dad, while me can only drive automatic wink

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Mindlog: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2022
MasterJayJay:
How can you play video games and still get scared of driving?
Nah!!

Start playing video games, car racing.

You are so RIGHT!

In a therapy practice I worked with, we had a female client who was scared of learning how to drive and my lead therapist was the attending therapist . So for the 4 therapy' sessions she was booked for, we had to adopt Virtual Reality Therapy by settling up a car racing video game in a soundproof dark room and got her to "drive" for 45mins and after which she had a 30mins talk therapy with my lead therapist, identifying and sharing what she felt during the 45mins "drive".

For the final therapy session, she came along with her sign up letter issued by the driving school she has enrolled into, power of exposure therapy. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by NoToPile: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2022
Lamanii22:

You don't need to be scared, just get a good tutor you would be fine.

I understand your fear of driving in Lagos, there's a level of craze needed to survive here. Just be driving your own jeje.

You would be fine.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Richy4(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2022
It's really easy trust me... Driving is in the mind..
I remembered when I was learning how to reverse on my own after being blocked by two cars on a busy street way back.. It was awful.. The sweating.. the mocking and judgemental looks....jizzz smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Mindlog: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2022
Richy4:
It's really easy trust me... Driving is in the mind..
I remembered when I was learning how to reverse on my own after being blocked by two cars on a busy street way back.. It was awful.. The sweating.. the mocking and judgemental looks....jizzz smiley

That mocking do skyrocket the anxiety level! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Richy4(m): 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Mindlog:

That mocking do skyrocket the anxiety level! cheesy

I tell you...Probably because I dey send on what people says about me those days... that could explain the unnecessary sweating...
A neighbour once cracked me up those days by asking me if it was a trailer that I was driving because of my maximum concentration.. steering wheel crabbing smiley ...

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2022
I think nature is unfair to us females, cos 99.999% of males do not have to learn how to drive at any point in their life, it comes naturally to them

So unfair.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by meobizy(f): 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Let me not add my thoughts past “one day; I shall learn the skill.”

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by MasterJayJay: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Jovialjune1:
I think nature is unfair to us females, cos 99.999% of males do not have to learn how to drive at any point in their life, it comes naturally to them

So unfair.

Nature kwa?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? by boxer022(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
It is natural to be afraid of learning how to drive a car but once you determine to learn it, you will. If your dad or family has a car, once in a while take the keys open the door and start the car. You do not need to move it. Just start it and allow it to work for like 5 to 10 minutes, then turn it off. Do it at least once a week, it will boost your confidence. After feeling comfortable with that go to a driving school and learn how to drive, learn for like 4 to 6 months. You then seek the hell of someone who knows how to drive in your family to be with you in the car while you drive carefully till you are very confident to drive on your own. That's all.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Next-of-kin / What Are The Advantages Of Marrying Your Tribe / Why I’m Still Producing Babies At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.