Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? (373 Views)

Create A Todo App With React, Node JS And Mysql Using Sequelize And Pagination / Building An Auto Sms App Using Node. / Connecting To Mysql Database Using Python3? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by Raylight2(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
When I browse localhost:5500/createdb, I get the "cannot get" message

1 Like

Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by jbreezy: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
This is absolutely wrong…haaaa…Are you a javascript developer at all??
Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by jesmond3945: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
Raylight2:
When I browse localhost:5500/createdb, I get the "cannot get" message
look at your folder structure
Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by Raylight2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
jbreezy:
This is absolutely wrong…haaaa…Are you a javascript developer at all??

I am a learner. I wouldn't mind if you explain where I got it wrong
Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by Raylight2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
jesmond3945:
look at your folder structure
well noted
Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by muhammed50(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
You ain't defining any route
You ain't supposed to use app.use()
You should use app.get() for get requests

You can use app.use() but you will need to specify the request type

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Connect To Mysql Using Node. What Am I Doing Wrongly? by jbreezy: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2022
muhammed50:
You ain't defining any route
You ain't supposed to use app.use()
You should use app.get() for get requests

You can use app.use() but you will need to specify the request type
And baba even tried to access a variable with const without declaring it. That’s why you just don’t jump to JS frameworks without being grounded in the basics. Op, go and learn Javascript well before picking up any other thing in JS

(1) (Reply)

Career In Data Analytics / A Little Nigerian Boy Needs Help. / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.