Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,513 members, 7,861,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Business Question - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Question (174 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Business Question by jackaustin631: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2022
We own a trades company and recently one of the employees quit to start his own business. Now that employee is posting pictures on social media of work he has done while working for our company, as work he’s done under his own company. Is there anything we can do about this? The posts are misleading, as he’s posting them showing off work that “his” business has done when in reality it is our business that did everything to get the job (quoting, estimating, ordering materials, dealing with the customer, etc.) I feel as though he is basically stealing credit from our company.

Any help is much appreciated!
Re: Business Question by Kobicove(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2022
jackaustin631:
We own a trades company and recently one of the employees quit to start his own business. Now that employee is posting pictures on social media of work he has done while working for our company, as work he’s done under his own company. Is there anything we can do about this? The posts are misleading, as he’s posting them showing off work that “his” business has done when in reality it is our business that did everything to get the job (quoting, estimating, ordering materials, dealing with the customer, etc.) I feel as though he is basically stealing credit from our company.

Any help is much appreciated!

First answer these questions

1) Was he a full time employee with your company?

2) Were the jobs done with equipment tools that were provided by your company

3) Were those jobs done on company time when he was with you?

If you answered "Yes" to the questions above then you have a case.

I would recommend you contact a reputable law firm to write him an warning letter to "Cease and desist" from passing off your company's jobs as his own.

If he persists then consider bringing up case against him in a court of law.

Note - I'm not a lawyer but I'm advising you based on my experience an investment/corporate advisory professional

(1) (Reply)

Payment Now Made Easy On Danfo. Learn How It Works / Best ICO Website Template With Attractive Features! / N100k Extra Monthly From A LEGAL Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.