Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? (1660 Views)

Does Saving APR Reduce Frequently / How Does Piggyvest Work When Saving In Dollar / 5 Reasons Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
A lot of people say saving in dollars is the only way to stay out of the poverty line in Nigeria .

Others insist saving in dollars isn’t enough, earning in dollars is more recommended .

This two notions is the major use case of many fintech startups in Nigeria today and the reason behind the “ Japa” wave of professionals and youths from Nigeria to western countries .

Must one really save or earn in dollars to live a comfortable life in Nigeria today . Considering the economic situation where one doesn’t even earn enough to save in naira , how does one achieve this save in dollars advise . Is it even suitable to begin with ?

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
#Financialindependence #dollars
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by CryptoGuide: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Don't get it all wrong, saving in dollars will not get you out of poverty. It has never gotten anyone out.

Investing is what gets you out of poverty.

Synord:
A lot of people say saving in dollars is the only way to stay out of the poverty line in Nigeria .

Others insist saving in dollars isn’t enough, earning in dollars is more recommended .

This two notions is the major use case of many fintech startups in Nigeria today and the reason behind the “ Japa” wave of professionals and youths from Nigeria to western countries .

Must one really save or earn in dollars to live a comfortable life in Nigeria today . Considering the economic situation where one doesn’t even earn enough to save in naira , how does one achieve this save in dollars advise . Is it even suitable to begin with ?
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Kobicove(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Synord:

The purpose of saving in dollar is not necessarily to get you out of poverty, the objective is to protect the value and purchasing power of your money so it does not become eroded by depreciation of the Naira

6 Likes

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cc lalasticlala, Dominique
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2022
Kobicove:

The purpose of saving in dollar is not necessarily to get you out of poverty, the objective is to protect the value and purchasing power of your money so it does not become eroded by depreciation of the Naira

Hmmn . You have a point ,
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2022
Cc lalasticlala, Seun , Dominique
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2022
CryptoGuide:
Don't get it all wrong, saving in dollars will not get you out of poverty. It has never gotten anyone out.

What are the investment opportunities we can explore ?
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2022
Kobicove:

I came to realize that saving in dollars does not protect store of value especially when there is local inflation

I might save $500 to protect myself against inflation in a DA in Gt bank, but what happens when I need that money for local consumption?, I noticed that when converted to naira, the value also decreases because of inflation

how about if I use my $500 to buy something online, with the rate of inflation in the US and other countries, I will have to spend more to get what I want.

i think the best way to protect your dollar is to make it work for you through investment, it is also similar logic for naira. Just saving money destroys it value

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2022
Okonandmary:

I came to realize that saving in dollars does not protect store of value especially when there is local inflation

I might save $500 to protect myself against inflation in a da in Gt bank, but what happens when I need that money for local consumption?, I noticed that when converted to naira, the value also decreases because of inflation

how about if I use my $500 to buy something online, with the rate of inflation in the US and other countries, I will have to spend more to get what I want.

i think the best way to protect your dollar is to make it work for you through investment, it is also similar logic for naira. Just saving money destroy it value

This make sense . A lot of sense
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
Cc lalasticlala, dominique
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2022
The best time to save in dollars is now

If you haven’t , you need to know NOW .

Naira to dollar rate is increasing everyday :

Saving in dollars to protect yourself against harsh economic conditions is not negotiable .

I have made over 350 dollars saving and investing on this foremost Nigerian app .

I am sure you must have heard of risevest ?
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
You can still start the new year on a bright note
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Happy New Year Great People
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Fxmanager(m): 3:15am On Jan 03, 2023
CryptoGuide:

Exactly. Investing is what gets you out of poverty, especially if the returns is enough to beat the inflation rate of the country’s currency that you holding your investment in.

As you invest with us, you are converting your money to dollar and we are also helping you to grow the dollar, and this is happening under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker.

We have use our more that 14 years experience in the foreign exchange market as analyst/traders to set up one of the most secured investment platform in the forum. An investment platform that is operating under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker, in which investors brokerage accounts are in their names, giving them exclusive/100% control of account deposits/withdrawals. We traders/investment company are only given access to only trade/manage the investors funds, and remember that this is happening under a government licensed and regulated environment. For more information about us, go through the link and pictures below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7349176/worlds-most-consistently-profitable-forex

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Fxmanager(m): 3:28am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobicove:

The issue is even when you are saving in dollar your might still loss your purchasing power assuming you are planning to buy something in dollar or importing things in dollar or someone buying things imported in dollar will still pass the cost to you in the local goods he/she is selling to you, as currently the inflation rate in USA, the country that owns the dollar is high.

So the best way is to convert your money to dollar and also invest with us to help you to grow the dollar. Remember, this is happening under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker.

We have use our more that 14 years experience in the foreign exchange market as analyst/traders to set up one of the most secured investment platform in the forum. An investment platform that is operating under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker, in which investors brokerage accounts are in their names, giving them exclusive/100% control of account deposits/withdrawals. We traders/investment company are only given access to only trade/manage the investors funds, and remember that this is happening under a government licensed and regulated environment. For more information about us, go through the link and pictures below.

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Fxmanager(m): 3:32am On Jan 03, 2023
Synord:

What are the investment opportunities we can explore ?

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Fxmanager(m): 3:37am On Jan 03, 2023
Okonandmary:

I might save $500 to protect myself against inflation in a DA in Gt bank, but what happens when I need that money for local consumption?, I noticed that when converted to naira, the value also decreases because of inflation

i think the best way to protect your dollar is to make it work for you through investment, it is also similar logic for naira. Just saving money destroys it value
Exactly. The issue is even when you are saving in dollar your might still loss your purchasing power assuming you are planning to buy something in dollar or importing things in dollar or someone buying things imported in dollar will still pass the cost to you in the local goods he/she is selling to you, as currently the inflation rate in USA, the country that owns the dollar is high.

So the best way is to convert your money to dollar and also invest with us to help you to grow the dollar. Remember, this is happening under a government licensed and regulated foreign exchange broker.

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Fxmanager:

Exactly. The issue is even when you are saving in dollar your might still loss your purchasing power assuming you are planning to buy something in dollar or importing things in dollar or someone buying things imported in dollar will still pass the cost to you in the local goods he/she is selling to you, as currently the inflation rate in USA, the country that owns the dollar is high.

Stop spamming the treads . Mods please

1 Like

Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
RiseVest
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Chukatabra: 12:49am On Nov 20, 2023
It really does. Easily in fact. My top reasons for saving in it are - Its a global currency, so its value remains more than it depreciates... It saves cost especially if you conduct a lot of international transactions.

This article gives some of the best reasons - https://blog.bitmama.io/reasons-why-you-should-save-in-dollars/
Re: Does Saving In Dollars Really Help Your Financial Life As A Nigerian ? by Synord(m): 12:17am On Jan 06
Chukatabra:
It really does. Easily in fact. My top reasons for saving in it are - Its a global currency, so its value remains more than it depreciates... It saves cost especially if you conduct a lot of international transactions.

This article gives some of the best reasons - https://blog.bitmama.io/reasons-why-you-should-save-in-dollars/

This is really nice . Well done

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Raw Gold,silver And Diamond At UNOIT In USA / Get All These Latest Tools For Almost Free Now / Sumobank Savings And Investment Platform, My Legit Take On Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.