Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Best University Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Best University Website (1581 Views)

Is It Possible To Build A University Website With Joomla! / Adeleke University Website Is HACKED. / The Best Nigerian University Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best University Website by skydancer: 10:57am On Aug 10, 2011
I have been looking at different university websites lately, and I have come to conclude that the best of them is that of UNN (unn.edu.ng). Better still, it was designed by UNN students. Flash and Drupal are really doing an incredible job on the site, I'm challenged. . .
Re: Best University Website by yawatide(f): 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
When you say UNN's website is the best, can you post the links to other uni websites for comparison purposes? Also, on what grounds do you say this is the best?

Having said that, I will troway salute to them if true that their student's built it. This is the way to go. What better way to allow the students gain necessary experience (and hopefully money too, while at it) than to allow them to build a site by them, of them and for them? For this alone, if true, I commend UNN once again. Hopefullly other schools will follow.
Re: Best University Website by skydancer: 1:49am On Aug 13, 2011
Hmm, are you just saying for the sake of others or are you really asking?

Anyway, here are the ones I looked at:

unizik dot edu dot ng
unilag dot edu dot ng
americanuniversity.org
uniben dot edu
abu dot edu dot ng
lasunigeria dot org
convenantuniversity dot edu dot ng

Now the main reasons why I decided UNN was better was:

1. The appearance of the site: While one could almost discern at once the cms and template with which others were built (were applicable). That of UNN was purely professional. The loading animations, the news scrolls, everything seems unique. Additionally, I think it's the most user friendly too.

2. Innovation: Take a look at the UNN getting around flash application which contains a map of the whole school with directions landmarks and even vegetation + pictures of different spots. I no fit shout for that one sef. All pdf links on the site are opened internally in a sweet ui that allows you to read without having to download anything. Clicking on the virtual tour on unilag website for instance sent my browser almost on a hook downloading some executable file. Now that's crazy, how do I know the executable file is not infected? And even when I finally downloaded it and run it, it was not exactly the 'virtual tour' I expected.

3. Content: Also, you can see outright that the content on unn website is very organized. The more you open, the more you get whatever details you are looking for to the last details.

4. Professionalism: Lastly, apart from the content, unn dot edu dot ng seems to be the only one that has some sort of professional touch over it. For instance, trying to access the site through a proxy gave me an access denied. The link generation of the cms is cleaned up, minimizing security breaches, unlike the unilag website which still has leaks like unilag dot edu dot ng/page.php?page=[whatever] this type of weakness can be exploited with rfi/lfi. I'm not exactly comparing unn website with unilag website here, but unilag website seems to be much better than the others after UNN website.

ps: it's been a long time. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Change Post A Comment Link / I Need Strategists To Help Grow A Social Network / Instagram Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.