Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement (22437 Views)

Dubai Denies Nigerians Under 40 Tourist Visas - Abike Dabiri / Abike Dabiri Gives Update On Nigeria Visa & Passport / Abike Dabiri-Erewa: Chinese Don’t Want Africans In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by H100: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
Türkiye Ambassador to Nigeria, Ambassador Hidayet Bayraktar Writes an Open Letter to Ms. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO of the NIDCOM - Turkey Errand Boy

In his letter, the Turkish seasoned diplomat suggests that Ms Dabiri may have made assumptions from the information fetched from unreliable sources. 

He also acknowledged that some unfortunate criminal incidents took place in the TRNC, as it happens in any part of the world but insisted, in many cases, Nigerian citizens are not only victims, but also perpetrators of crimes committed. 

On solution of the problem, Ambassador Hidayet revealed that the TRNC President has recently made a new cooperation proposal to the United Nations in addressing the illegal migration issue, by establishing a joint committee between the authorities of the two sides on the Island, with the inclusion of the UN, He also made it known to Nigerians that the Nigeria Mission in Ankara visits TRNC regularly to ascertain the welfare of her compatriots.

Read full letter

Open Lettet to Ms Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO NIDCOM

I have read the recent statement by Ms. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), warning Nigerian citizens against travelling to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). I have to express our reservations about the manner in which the allegations are framed, as they are offhandedly publicized without any official lines of communication or without any field visits by the NIDCOM officials to the TRNC.

It is with great dismay that we continue to listen to exaggerated and unfounded claims of Ms. Dabiri-Erewa, whose statements could portend the emergence of tensions between the peoples of Nigeria and the TRNC, contrary to the NIDCOM’s official mandate of fostering a greater empathy and understanding between Nigerians and the rest of the world.

Although neither myself, nor my country is clearly the addressee of this statement, one can hardly remain silent on its content, as her impetuous remark could damage the existing strong educational ties between Nigeria and the TRNC, where around thousands of Nigerian students are studying, as the largest group of foreign students. 

First and foremost, Ms. Dabiri-Erewa claimed that “the TRNC is not safe for Nigerians, the killings took place on a daily basis and Nigerians should think twice before going to the Northern Cyprus”.

There are currently 50,561 international students from 145 countries and various teaching staff from 65 different countries, in the TRNC. Until now, I have come across with no other official statement, aside from Ms. Dabiri-Erewa’s, criticizing the TRNC on such grounds and portraying the life in the TRNC as a lawless country, although Northern Cyprus is one of the most peaceful touristic spots attracting visitors from all over the world. Thus, I must admit that her allegations caught me by surprise. 

I do not dispute that some unfortunate criminal incidents took place in the TRNC, as it happens in any part of the world. However, the occurrence of such incidents is certainly not a daily routine and all these cases are taken seriously and investigated thoroughly by the TRNC authorities. 

In fact, the Nigerian Embassy staff in Ankara visits the TRNC on a regular basis in order to observe the consular situation on the ground and there is a decent working dialogue between the Nigerian Embassy in Ankara and the Turkish Cypriot authorities. I would be interested in learning if Ms. Dabiri-Erewa has verified her information with the findings of these official visits. 

Furthermore, there is no way of knowing why Ms. Dabiri-Erewa assumed that there is a systemic maltreatment in the TRNC, particularly towards Nigerians. However, I believe the words of Nigerians living in the TRNC, shining with plain honesty, is already enough to refute her allegations and show the true opinion of Nigerian diaspora in the TRNC. For instance, a civil society platform, the Nigerian Community in Northern Cyprus (NCNC), in a recent press release in the capital Lefkoşa, has expressed their distress about Ms. Dabiri-Erewa’s comments, due to the concern of this misinformation that have been created among their friends and family, and emphasized that “the TRNC is a safe country and Nigerians are safer in Northern Cyprus than in Northern Nigeria”. I wish Ms. Dabiri-Erewa had contacted Nigerian citizens in the TRNC, before reaching her conclusion. 

Lastly, despite unlawful and inhumane isolation imposed on the TRNC, the quality of the Turkish Cypriot universities remains high and the TRNC Government is doing the utmost to keep it as such. The TRNC authorities are taking the recent accusations very seriously and preparing to take the necessary precautions.

Indeed, the TRNC President has recently made a new cooperation proposal to the United Nations in addressing the illegal migration issue, by establishing a joint committee between the authorities of the two sides on the Island, with the inclusion of the UN. Moreover, since in many cases, Nigerian citizens are not only victims, but also perpetrators of crimes committed in the TRNC, necessary measure will be taken by the relevant agencies in order to prevent young Nigerians and every other student from falling victims. Finally, the TRNC authorities will be soon revising their visa regime accordingly, with a view to address the claims of Ms. Dabiri-Erewa. 

I am confident that the Nigerian public will base their opinions about the TRNC on objective realities, rather than getting wrong perception through Ms. Dabiri-Erewa. I would also like to advice Ms. Dabiri-Erewa to check the reliability of her sources and to give her speeches deserved consideration in the future. After all, the NIDCOM is mandated to work for a stronger bonds between Nigerians abroad and other communities, not to erode them. 

Sincerely,

Hidayet BAYRAKTAR

Ambassador of the Republic of Türkiye

Read More About Ambassador Hidayet Bayraktar.

Source: https://turkeyerrand.com/ambassador-hidayet-bayraktar-writes-open-letter-dabiri-erewa/

1 Like

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by midehi2(f): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
Nigerians always representing badass in other countries angry

Oh! how I wish for a Turkish man, like them so much that I have started speaking their language gradually grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by naaija: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2022
Turkey is sincerely becoming more hostile to Nigerians than Never before

Home - no visa
Away - no residency

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by midehi2(f): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2022
naaija:

Home - no visa
Away - no residency

Who are the cause?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by tradingknowled1: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
I won't say TRNC is bad as there is no best or worst Country in this world. All we have is Good and better.
Most Nigerian guys in TRNC are into fraud as there is no Job .

Some people were decieved by fake travel agent that they don't need to worry about having skill or Degree that there is Job waiting for them.

when they arrive, they tend to face the harsh reality in TRNC which make them do anything for survival. Some even go as far as selling illegal drugs just to meet up with the standard of living.

to some people, TRNC is Good while to some TRNC is bad .. it all depends on how you make it be.

learning a skill is very important just as getting a degree

meanwhile.. I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship program..

feel free to PM me if interested

11 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by bigdammyj: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2022
Okay.
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by inoki247: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dem sha don warn people Northern Cyprus na no go area...

10 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by James8371: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
lipsrsealed

1 Share

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by FalseProphet1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
I didn't see anything concerning this matter, thanks for your time.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
Okay.
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by PlayerMeji: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
Okay na!
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
Ms. Miss?

I thought Miss is for unmarried women?
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by PureFace1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
These guys can tell their citizens to stay away from African countries but once we do the same they start writing

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by everythinggirly(f): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2022
Nigerians no dey hear word.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by Akinsete19(m): 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
Cool
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by aariwa(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2022
Wonder why she broke the channel of diplomacy to make such unguarded statement that could pitch Nigerian students in that country with their hosts. Even when she was a new caster it was blunder after blunder that NTA had to move frank olize at a point with Eugenia Abu and Kanu Otisi to fill in for the flaws.A lot of people wondered how she got the NTA job then when there was a lot of qualified Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by RichDad1(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
The same people.
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by One4me: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2022
midehi2:

Who are the cause?

Nigerian leaders, ofcourse.

If not for bad leadership, 90% of Nigerian outside this country, will opt to remain within Nigeria but it is so bad that even those who are well to do, good jobs, etc want to live this country.
Imagine, you cant go to your own farm because some Brothers of Mr. President can just come and slaughter you, rape your Daughters and feed your crops to their Cow.
And if they dont attack you on the farm, they will kidnap you on the road and will ask for #50M, which they know you cant get.
Why wont Nigerians want to go to a racist place like the TRNC?

It is now, ANYWHERE but Nigeria and Nigerians are being maltreated and killed everywhere.. See that one that happened in broad daylight, in Italy
What a shame, we dont even know if we still have a President. lipsrsealed angry

Dont go to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, you have been warned.

14 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by Gabazina: 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Lmao... We observing
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by TemitayoMark: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please my fellow Nigerian, do not be deceived by what this Turkish ambassador said, if you value your life stay away from TRNC many deaths recorded and no proper investigation. Some were no where to be found. I want you to remember that they will not want anyone to paint their country in bad color but the reality is killings are on the high rise. There are other good European countries. Stay away from TRNC. A word is enough for the wise.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by nedekid: 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
naaija:

Home - no visa
Away - no residency

Nigerians don go poo there as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by etrouble: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Abike is doing a good job by taking up any rogue nation.

6 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by osukaam: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2022
Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by Kingpele(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
Turkish people are totally very harsh

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by festacman(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
aariwa:
Wonder why she broke the channel of diplomacy to make such unguarded statement that could pitch Nigerian students in that country with their hosts. Even when she was a new caster it was blunder after blunder that NTA had to move frank olize at a point with Eugenia Abu and Kanu Otisi to fill in for the flaws.A lot of people wondered how she got the NTA job then when there was a lot of qualified Nigerians

You lied about Abike Dabiri's performance as NTA reporter. She was the star of the NTA in her years. Go and verify.

29 Likes

Re: Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement by Kingpele(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
Turkish people to some degree are very harsh to blacks ..this people are not civil enough to be part of EU,I have lived in Istanbul for months...every thing that woman said is true ...for those of u that never travelled before, u can sit in the comfort of your sitting room to say otherwise...our government has made it so ,bad leadership is affecting everyone especially those that are outside this country...but some urchins are bent on voting old men like buharia next year..the founder of lagos is claiming he built lagos from scratch and so he want to build Nigeria like lagos with the impending danger of promoting touts and over taxation to national level...how will Atiku who have failed to keep his promise and unite PDP ever going to keep his campaign promises of uniting the country if he ever becomes president..let keep voting thieves and still expect development

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Country Can 10m Take Me To In This Present Economy / Five Die In Accident On Their Way To Kaduna (graphic Photos) / Truck Rams Into Afor Ibugubu Market, Anambra. Killing 3 (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.